Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #41

2014 37FS 13,500 miles. Just put new chassis batteries and new house batteries and had the typical chirping noise fixed when it is in overdrive that all freightliner Senecas experience to where it was in tip top shape.
Colombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:48 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombo View Post
2014 37FS 13,500 miles. Just put new chassis batteries and new house batteries and had the typical chirping noise fixed when it is in overdrive that all freightliner Senecas experience to where it was in tip top shape.
If you feel comfortable, please share how things go with the Insurance company. While I've not filed a claim on our RV, many moons ago they totaled a car of mine and the whole settlement process was dreadful.

I'm hoping your story ends up much, much happier.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:35 PM   #43

Boy that hurts just getting the bugs out and not that old, sure hope they treat you right.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:29 PM   #44

Thank goodness no one was hurt. I never thought of everything pulling away from the walls! Even our little unit is scary in the wind, and we always worry about blow-overs. It seems we drive more in wind than on rare calm days.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:14 PM   #45

Your best Christmas present was dinner that night, when you and your whole family were safe and together. Kudos to you for avoiding what could have been a worse accident. Kudos to Jayco for building a solid rug. Finally, kudos to the good samaritans and first responders for saving the day. Enjoy your New Year as I am sure you have several things to celebrate and be thankful for. Hope to hear you share good results from the insurance and future RV adventures.

Full timers but still active duty AF, anxiously awaiting retirement travels where I have been told everyday is a Saturday
Old 02-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #46

Update on insurance. I felt like all turned out very good with our insurance provider Nationwide, they were truly on our side and I would highly recomend them. They valued the unit by looking what was listed on sale through sources like rvtrader and then averaged out a figuer then added in all the upgrades and fixes like batteries, replacement of problematic noisy shift cable on all freightliner's , tow bar and etc. from the receipts that I had and I think it also helped that I had proof that I always kept it stored indoors. We received our check last week and has left us with enough to replace unit with ease due to them paying a prorated rate for our registration fees and paying in full the sales tax. We had a 900.00 deductable and on the toad car it went under comprehisive so we are only hit with a 500.00 deductable and car goes in for repairs on the 15th with approx 7,000.00 in damage. Just for kicks the tow bill was 2,236.00 including storage at towing company's facility. Never had to use an insurance policy to this magnitude but it was amazing that we truly did not have to fight for a fair treatment and they were very concerned that we were covered with all that needed paid for.
Colombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #47

That's great news. RV shows are all over the place. Get busy and enjoy replacement so that you don't have to miss camping season! We have Progressive...hope we never have to evaluate their performance.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:14 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombo View Post
Update on insurance. I felt like all turned out very good with our insurance provider Nationwide, they were truly on our side and I would highly recomend them. They valued the unit by looking what was listed on sale through sources like rvtrader and then averaged out a figuer then added in all the upgrades and fixes like batteries, replacement of problematic noisy shift cable on all freightliner's , tow bar and etc. from the receipts that I had and I think it also helped that I had proof that I always kept it stored indoors. We received our check last week and has left us with enough to replace unit with ease due to them paying a prorated rate for our registration fees and paying in full the sales tax. We had a 900.00 deductable and on the toad car it went under comprehisive so we are only hit with a 500.00 deductable and car goes in for repairs on the 15th with approx 7,000.00 in damage. Just for kicks the tow bill was 2,236.00 including storage at towing company's facility. Never had to use an insurance policy to this magnitude but it was amazing that we truly did not have to fight for a fair treatment and they were very concerned that we were covered with all that needed paid for.
No one hurt and being made 'whole' with the insurance without drama. Difficult to ask for more than that!
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:33 PM   #49

I agree, glad it came out good. Sorry you had to experience it.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote