Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #1

clearance light

right front clearance light does not work. One wire broken and has fell into cap. Unit has entertainment center above bunk. Have tried to fish wire but after 3 hrs. had to take break. Does this wire go to center lights or down to lower side light. I am thinking of cutting out top of right entertainment closet area. Any suggestions???? 2007 greyhawk 33 on Kodiac chassis.
BigJohnKub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:11 AM   #2

If your not in a hurry, you could email service@jayco.com with the last 8 digits of your VIN# and ask for the drawing of the trailer exterior lighting. May help to figure out the routing, not sure.
Old 07-18-2021, 11:28 AM   #3

The routing of the DC wiring in my experience is run however the builder chose to run it the day it was wired. I spent 3 days chasing a marker light issue and ultimately found the problem in a scotch lock connector above my interior ceiling!

I pulled every exterior light and cut the scotch locks out and soldered. Shrink wrapped every connection. Took me about a month of weekends but I am now confident that at least the connections I could get to are secure.

At one point it looked like they had about 40 feet of excess wire they just wanted to get rid of because it was stuffed in the wall and then at other places I had to add wire to make my connections...

Here are some pics of the fun I had.
Attached Thumbnails
20200920_125838.jpg   20200920_125743.jpg   20200920_125814.jpg   20200923_191938.jpg  
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:46 PM   #4

If its like the rear cap that I just worked on our 2006, the supply circuit goes to the center area and branches out. Take off your center clearance markers and see if any clues. May have to enlarge the cutout hole (3/4in) to gain access for visibility. Best wishes.
Jump in say hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:51 PM   #5

clearance light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnKub View Post
right front clearance light does not work. One wire broken and has fell into cap. Unit has entertainment center above bunk. Have tried to fish wire but after 3 hrs. had to take break. Does this wire go to center lights or down to lower side light. I am thinking of cutting out top of right entertainment closet area. Any suggestions???? 2007 greyhawk 33 on Kodiac chassis.
Did you ever get the light repaired?

I had to replace one of my lights and decided to replace all of them with LED lights. There was ZERO slack in one of them and I ended up losing the ground wire into the cap. FRUSTRATING!!

After several hours trying to fish the dropped wire out, including using a bore hole camera, I gave up and ran a new ground wire from the next light over. It was still a pain in the neck to fish the line over but I got it done and was sure to leave some slack in the line in case there's a problem in the future.
Sony STR-DH590 for surround sound
LED headlights
KilMat on the cab floor & AutoDrive Center Console
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote