Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2023, 08:22 PM   #21

I had the Jayco factory add the magnet last fall. Game changer. Highway driving is so much better. The unintended benefit: now when I wake up before everyone else, instead of risking everyone else up but making sure the door closes, the magnet allows for a soft close where the magnet holds the door closed without having to fully close it.
jeffgladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:43 PM   #22

I just got back from around 1,200 miles and lot's of wind coming from all different directions and zero flapping at all!
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 02:37 PM   #23

Thank jeffgladd and Jeepin Jason! Exactly what I was hoping to hear!

James
737SimGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 04:31 PM   #24

We had the magnet installed at Jayco in February. Just came back from 3000 miles of traveling and the door flapping was gone. Maybe noticed a bit of rattle in some really strong winds during the first leg of travel but I have not noticed anything since. I did have to reposition the magnet and drill new holes. The way it was installed the edge of the door rubbed on the frame side of the magnet. Prior to my fix the door was a bit harder to open. Now with the rub gone there is really no issue, maybe slight resistance.
hallibt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 04:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallibt View Post
We had the magnet installed at Jayco in February. Just came back from 3000 miles of traveling and the door flapping was gone. Maybe noticed a bit of rattle in some really strong winds during the first leg of travel but I have not noticed anything since. I did have to reposition the magnet and drill new holes. The way it was installed the edge of the door rubbed on the frame side of the magnet. Prior to my fix the door was a bit harder to open. Now with the rub gone there is really no issue, maybe slight resistance.
Thank you for the info!
Old 04-23-2023, 07:30 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
I just got back from around 1,200 miles and lot's of wind coming from all different directions and zero flapping at all!
I have attached the service bulletin for this.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0078.jpg   IMG_0079.jpg   IMG_0080.jpg  
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 08:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorenz View Post
I have attached the service bulletin for this.
Outstanding! Thank you!

James
Old 05-07-2023, 12:24 PM   #28

I have a 2022 Entegra Accolade XL and I had the same issue. Part of the flapping is the pull down blind between the door and screen.I pushed mine all the way to the top. Screwed the screen door to the main door and ordered a MCD pull down blind, mounting it on the inside above the door. Next step is to remove that stupid blind that vibrates. Who wants to get up in the morning in your night clothes, open the door seperate the two and push the blind up. Not much thought used on that design!
Cauffield73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 09:47 PM   #29

Had a chance to look at a 23 today and the screen door has changed as well as the outside door is double the weight and zero flex in it. Looks to me that the best option is for us is to trade in the 21 and 22’s for the new and improved 23.
Utrzrdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 07:34 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrzrdog View Post
Had a chance to look at a 23 today and the screen door has changed as well as the outside door is double the weight and zero flex in it. Looks to me that the best option is for us is to trade in the 21 and 22’s for the new and improved 23.
I have a 2023 and have the same crappy door along with all its issues. It’s been the worst part of the entire coach since I bought it.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:34 AM   #31

Must have been a mid year change or a 24 then because this Accolade XL at NIRVC in Las Vegas for sure is much improved with a new screen and stiffer door.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:48 AM   #32

Quote:
Must have been a mid year change or a 24 then because this Accolade XL at NIRVC in Las Vegas for sure is much improved with a new screen and stiffer door.
Does it look like the same opening footprint? My tech has suggested a new door but the factory wants to try the magnet “recall” first. I’ll see if I can find a newer rig to check it out.

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2023, 09:07 AM   #33

I’m a bit surprised people don’t always use the deadbolt when traveling. I never trust the handle alone and thought further securing it was the default.
jasonthegreyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 09:19 AM   #34

Looks like the exact same door from the outside, ant then you open it up, and the new screen tells the entire story of the issues that they have had. as you open it up you will feel the weight difference in the door as well.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:23 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthegreyhawk View Post
I’m a bit surprised people don’t always use the deadbolt when traveling. I never trust the handle alone and thought further securing it was the default.
I certainly DO use the deadbolt when traveling. Has no affect on the flapping door at the top. When the rig is on wheels there is no issue with the latching or locking once I had them re-adjust it. My issues begin when it’s up on the levelers, it always seems to twist/tweak the house enough to misalign the latching. I spend more time manually adjusting the levelers simply so I can lock the stupid door at night LOL.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:24 AM   #36

Quote:
Looks like the exact same door from the outside, ant then you open it up, and the new screen tells the entire story of the issues that they have had. as you open it up you will feel the weight difference in the door as well.
Great info thanks. I will certainly look into it whilst it’s under warranty.
Old 05-09-2023, 10:41 AM   #37

I think the comment on the deadbolt is that some owners have said the door flew open due to the flapping. No way it could fly open if you were using the deadbolt, unless it ripped out the entire frame.

If anyone has success getting the door swapped out under warranty, let us know. I doubt this will be an option knowing the way Jayco works. I have the magnet and it is better than before. However, it is a band aid for the real problem and should not be the long term fix in my opinion.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 11:22 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
…I have the magnet and it is better than before. However, it is a band aid for the real problem and should not be the long term fix in my opinion.
I absolutely agree.