Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2022, 12:44 PM   #21

I camp in the cold every December going north for the holidays to be with kids/grandkids, then back south. I usually watch the weather closely but only had one issue when waking up to 27F when it was suppose to be low 30’s! My pex are all exposed, my manifold froze over, after a quick thaw, things were operational again. I wouldn’t sweat 32F, but I’ve since insulated and heated my exposed pex, and added a heater to my wet bay. Of course since doing so, I’ve never had to use any of it.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 01:57 PM   #22

I have a Seneca 35GS and have been out below freezing with no problem. Just two weeks ago it was freezing and I'd just filled it. 32 I would not give a thought to. No if it was in the teens for days and no getting above freezing all day long might be another matter.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:42 AM   #23

We took our travel trailer into camping world over a week ago for inspection and yearly maintenance. They usually dewinterize as well. But this year with our below freezing temps in Michigan they told us to wait until the temps stay above freezing. Michigan usually is not this cold in April but guess what it is. So we are going to do ours a week before we leave in May to Maine. Camping World said not to until May. They said with this unusual weird weather we are having is to safely say wait. If it does not need to be done now then wait a week before you leave. Sucks to live in Michigan. So I am doing other things in the trailer until then. So IMO? I would wait until May.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 07:12 AM   #24

Just a little FYI. We are boondocking this weekend and the temps got down into the 27-29 range at night 39 during the day. Without any heat other than the furnace the wet bay stayed around 41*.
2018 Seneca 37FS
BIGPAPA1970 is offline   Reply With Quote