Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2022, 10:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
These do work well. Mine is green but otherwise identical. Fresh tank sensor reads full at 55 gallons or so, but knowing I have a 72 gallon tank, I continue filling until 68.
The reason that happens is once you get the water past the 3/4 sensor in the tank, the gauge will show full. I just fill till the water starts coming out the vents. I have also removed the panel that covers the water tank and I can visually check it.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:46 AM   #22

* Excuse the dirty awning. This was the first trip of the year when we take care of this kinda stuff. It's clean now. lol*

I have a set of TentProInc shades that slide in the main tube groove. I bought them to fit just a bit higher for my dog so she can walk under them. Most of the shading needed is higher anyway. Have them on both awnings and it makes a huge difference.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Did you get the 10' drop Jason?
Yes, I got the 19' long with a 10' drop. It is sitting in my garage, but I have too many "honey do" projects ahead of it.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
The reason that happens is once you get the water past the 3/4 sensor in the tank, the gauge will show full. I just fill till the water starts coming out the vents. I have also removed the panel that covers the water tank and I can visually check it.
So I made a window today...Click image for larger version

Name:	20220715_190807.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	82786
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 05:32 PM   #25

Quote:
So I made a window today...Attachment 82786
I may do the same thing. So many projects going on right now! I am in the middle of two vehicle builds as the same time. Do you have the link or thread around the syphoning problem you were concerned with? I am trying to figure out if that is something I should look at for my 2022.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:48 PM   #26

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

That should get you started. I didn't notice a problem with siphoning until this last trip.
Old 07-23-2022, 11:45 AM   #27

What is the make and model of that combination receptacle/usb combo? Very functional.

Damian & Sally Neeld
2018 Seneca HJ
Carmel, IN
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:46 PM   #28

This is the one I use. I have 4 of them.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220723-224550_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	82985
Old 07-24-2022, 04:41 PM   #29

What am I doing wrong?

I connect the hose to a water supply. When I turn on the water to fill the tank the overflow tube located on the opposite side the MH starts flowing water. I have on city water country water etc. i checked the water heater by-pass and the bye-pass is closed and the water input and output are both open. Is there a shut off valve I’m missing. Unit is a 2011 Jayhawk 31SS grayhawk
Stevencdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 10:45 AM   #30
jhf

I am currently in a Sprinter chassis C and am actively working to upgrade to Super C only on the Freightliner chassis with the iSB. After setting up my search parameters on sites such as RV Trader about four months ago I have found that Senecas are about 8 or so to 1 (other brands)on the return listings. I wonder why? Are Senecas more prone to failures / disappointments for owners? Were there just so many more manufactured than others brands? Do owners just want to get classier? Any insight would be appreciated.
jhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 11:19 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhf View Post
I am currently in a Sprinter chassis C and am actively working to upgrade to Super C only on the Freightliner chassis with the iSB. After setting up my search parameters on sites such as RV Trader about four months ago I have found that Senecas are about 8 or so to 1 (other brands)on the return listings. I wonder why? Are Senecas more prone to failures / disappointments for owners? Were there just so many more manufactured than others brands? Do owners just want to get classier? Any insight would be appreciated.
I would say that there are more Seneca/Accolades produced than the other manufacturers. This does probably also come with a few more issues due to quality control but most are minor. There have always been the same common problems through the years but I have seen a lot more different issues coming up in the 21-22 model years.

Old 08-01-2022, 11:22 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevencdk View Post
I connect the hose to a water supply. When I turn on the water to fill the tank the overflow tube located on the opposite side the MH starts flowing water. I have on city water country water etc. i checked the water heater by-pass and the bye-pass is closed and the water input and output are both open. Is there a shut off valve I’m missing. Unit is a 2011 Jayhawk 31SS grayhawk
You might have better luck asking in the Class C section. Is the water coming out of the fresh water tank vent lines or is it maybe coming out of a low point drain that is open.

Old 08-01-2022, 04:12 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
You might have better luck asking in the Class C section. Is the water coming out of the fresh water tank vent lines or is it maybe coming out of a low point drain that is open.
Problem solves. Fill stupid. Low drains were open. Duh. Thanks
Stevencdk is offline   Reply With Quote