Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #1

Did the air horn mod today in my Seneca

Wow what a difference. I used the Vixen 135dB 3 trumpet horn. Set it up in the same location as Rob did on his. (Thanks for the pics and info...really helped me out.) I hooked up a bendix pressure protection valve directly to my tank. I had a spare bung available on it. Used a 3/4 to 1/4" reducer then to the PPV then ran a 25' air line to the front of the rig...I could not for the life of me find standard poly 1/4 hose to do this in town..hence I found at Home Depot a 25' air line by husky that worked well. I had to strap it down past the tank and then come back since the hose was too long for the job, but for me that was safer than cutting it to length and putting a new 1/4 line on it using a screw clamp or something stupid like that. Once up front, it went to a regulator, then a tee to give me an air chuck and then to the horns. I didn't want to mess with the dash and what not, so I just tied directly into the electric horn wires to power the air horns. Being a $35 dollar horn on amazon, I did not want to run it at full 125+ PSI that the regular system runs on, hence why I put a regulator in first. I run the regulator at 100psi and that can safely air up pretty much anything I need...If I need to do tires for any reason, I can always turn it up a little. I have to say, I was VERY impressed with the sound. Louder than a normal semi for sure, but not quite as loud as a train. Let's just say that it will get your attention now...something that the stupid little electric one could not do.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:39 AM   #2

Nice! Has to be so much better than the stock wimpy electric one!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:38 PM   #3

I have a 4 trumpet vixen I'm planning to install, hopefully, Wenesday. About how long did your install take you?
memphis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis02 View Post
I have a 4 trumpet vixen I'm planning to install, hopefully, Wenesday. About how long did your install take you?
In my case it took probably about 10 hours of actual work. But that was everything, which in my case involved tearing the dash apart to install my horn selector switch, tying into the original horn wiring, mounting the auxiliary air tank and plumbing it into the chassis air system, mounting the horns and my air fill regulator/station, etc.

Here is a link to my prior post where I describe more in detail how I did mine but there certainly are other ways it can be accomplished:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ill-35437.html
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #5

Took around 6-7 hours for me. That includes 1.5 hours at Home Depot finding all the plumbing I needed.