Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-29-2023, 07:15 AM   #1

Dometic hot water heater electric switch

We recently purchased a Entegra Accolade 37k. During the walk through we were told that we had an inline water heater. Needless to say that is not the case. I noticed the burner going on recently without any demand for hot water. We actually have a Dometic WH-10GEA. We did not receive a user manual but were finally able to locate on line with a lot of difficulty. It is a 10 Gallon Gas/electric water heater. I was able to locate the drain plug and pressure valve with no issue. Itís the same as our previous RV. I am unable to locate the switch to turn it on electric instead of gas. The only on/off we can locate is the firefly system hot water heater and it has no electric or gas designation. We like to run our hot water heater on electric when we have shore power to save on propane. Second question, it did not have a rod in it for corrosion just a plug. Should we use a rod or is it not necessary with this model. Anyone that may have experience with this, info and guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks all!
Dhindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:54 AM   #2
Site Team

Every Dometic wh I have owned did not need an anode in the drain plug and Dometic stated it was not needed.

I'm not familiar with the term "in-line" water heater but I suspect they mean "on demand" water heater. You may find you are fortunate to have the more conventical unit especially in a Super C.
Now just find out how to turn it on?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 08:05 AM   #3

You have an aluminum tank, so no anode rod is needed.
After reading the installation instructions, the electric element on/off is a switch somewhere in your coach or built into your control system.

2021 GMC half ton T/V
2022 Jayfeather 25RB
Anderson WDH
Markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:10 PM   #4

My 2021 model's "gas or electric" water heater designation is only on the digital panel, no manual switch. You can select "gas water heater" or "electric water heater", and you can select both if you want to heat it quickly when plugged in to shore power.

My first thought for you to check is that perhaps since there was a mis-designation of having an "on-demand" hot water system, that your digital panel is set for the incorrect model. I would check the software version and contact Entegra. Just a possibility.
EricM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 10:36 AM   #5

Thanks so much. I'll check in to that as well. Currently there is only one hot water heater selection on the fire fly. We'll see if it is programmed for the correct model. That is a good point!
Dhindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 03:53 PM   #6

You should have. Girade on demand water heater. Gas only. At least 2022’s are that way unles you have XL model, which has Aquahot which should have a single element electric heat capability.
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 06:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorenz View Post
You should have. Girade on demand water heater. Gas only. At least 2022ís are that way unles you have XL model, which has Aquahot which should have a single element electric heat capability.
2024 models only come with a 10 gallon tank water heater. On demand isnít an option either. Not sure why other than saving Jayco/Entegra money. We love our on demand water heater. Havenít had any problems with it unlike most other parts on the coach.

So glad it has a two year warranty since Iíve used all of it and then some. Have a factory appointment in January 2024 the day after the warranty expires to fix 10 things the dealer never could. Hopefully the weather will hold out because I was told if I donít make it they wonít grant another time.

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 07:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbysWorld View Post
2024 models only come with a 10 gallon tank water heater. On demand isnít an option either. Not sure why other than saving Jayco/Entegra money. We love our on demand water heater. Havenít had any problems with it unlike most other parts on the coach.

So glad it has a two year warranty since Iíve used all of it and then some. Have a factory appointment in January 2024 the day after the warranty expires to fix 10 things the dealer never could. Hopefully the weather will hold out because I was told if I donít make it they wonít grant another time.
I agree, the on-demand works great!
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
37k, water heater