Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2022, 09:48 PM   #1

Energy Command 30

I can’t find this answer anywhere or find the correct help. When I attemp to place the generator on auto, I select the Auto gen button and get IGINITION ON&OFF, not auto. I looked through the manuals, checked YouTube and can’t find that specific problem.

Also, is the display supposed to be lit when the generator is off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 09 Jayco Seneca.
kdclarkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 10:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdclarkmt View Post
I can’t find this answer anywhere or find the correct help. When I attemp to place the generator on auto, I select the Auto gen button and get IGINITION ON&OFF, not auto. I looked through the manuals, checked YouTube and can’t find that specific problem.

Also, is the display supposed to be lit when the generator is off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 09 Jayco Seneca.
The EC-30 needs to see a key cycle every 30 days to enable/continue the Auto mode. That may be what it is telling you. And my display is energized whenever my battery switch is on regardless of whether generator is running or not. Attached here is the EC-30 manual, it might help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Installation and Operation Energy Command 30.pdf (1.21 MB, 26 views)
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
The EC-30 needs to see a key cycle every 30 days to enable/continue the Auto mode. That may be what it is telling you. And my display is energized whenever my battery switch is on regardless of whether generator is running or not. Attached here is the EC-30 manual, it might help.
Thank you. The key cycle worked and as far as the display, the dc power wire only had 2.5 volts. All work fine now.
kdclarkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 01:41 PM   #4

In regards to the Auto Start feature for the EC-30, does anyone know if Jayco has done any wiring to auto start the generator for temperature?
I sent an email to Airexcel, I gave them the model numbers of my A/C units and asked if they have an auto start feature for RV generators. They responded none of their units have that capability.
Gunnerrjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 02:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerrjb View Post
In regards to the Auto Start feature for the EC-30, does anyone know if Jayco has done any wiring to auto start the generator for temperature?
I sent an email to Airexcel, I gave them the model numbers of my A/C units and asked if they have an auto start feature for RV generators. They responded none of their units have that capability.
My 2014 Seneca does. If in automatic mode, not during a programmed "quiet time", and safety sensor is satisfied, it will start when there is a call for cooling on either my front or rear A/C unit. It will run for a minimum of 10 minutes even if the thermostat shuts the A/C unit down. If the thermostat again calls for cooling it will reset that 10-minute timer. If after thermostat has shut A/C unit down and the 10-minute timer has expired with no cooling request the generator shuts down and goes back to automatic mode.

This all controlled by my EC-30, the thermostats trigger the cycle by sending voltage signal to the EC-30, the A/C units themselves do not interface with the generator.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerrjb View Post
I attached the EC-30 manual earlier in this thread, it has a section describing how to test the "inputs" connected to the EC-30. You enter a test mode with all inputs off, then turn them on and the display will show an input has occurred. Page 10 of that manual.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:51 PM   #7

Our 2015 FK had most all of the features enabled on the EC30, it took us almost a full year to figure out all of these features - and the manual is the best way to understand it. (really the only way)

You also need to understand all of the safety lock-out features too, as you will find the generator stopping for an unknown reason, or leaving the AUTO mode- but there usually is a safety purpose why it happens.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote