Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2023, 08:29 PM   #1

Equalizer jacks

So this morning when I was packing up to leave camp I couldn't get my hydraulic jacks to come up . I could hear the pump running but no movement. Tried running them down same thing. Any thoughts on what the problem could be? I had to bleed all the jacks to get them back up. Thanks. 2018.5 seneca fs
Newk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 01:05 PM   #2

What was the fluid level in the reservoir? If you had to bleed the jacks, you had sucked air into the lines, so I would check your reservoir an make sure it was full.
Capt Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
So this morning when I was packing up to leave camp I couldn't get my hydraulic jacks to come up . I could hear the pump running but no movement. Tried running them down same thing. Any thoughts on what the problem could be? I had to bleed all the jacks to get them back up. Thanks. 2018.5 seneca fs

This happened to me a few weeks ago. Equalizer branded jacks on my 2016. Everything sounded normal. Pump ran. Just no movement. I too was stuck with them down.

I "solved" mine by whacking the reservoir tank with a rock.

After chatting w/ Equalizer support via email, they've diagnosed it as a "splitter valve" failure and advised a complete replacement of the pump.

I priced it out.
I could buy lots of rocks for the price of a pump.
Old 10-28-2023, 08:00 PM   #4

Thanks guys ,the tank appeared to be still about half full with the jacks extended. Ill put everything back together and fill the tank and see if it works correctly.
Newk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 08:14 AM   #5

Last time I checked mine the assembly was close to $600.00 to my door. Mine had an internal oil leak. It turned out to be the pump shaft seal. Found a nitrile seal at NAPA for $6. That was 5 years and 30,000 miles ago , still good.
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 09:16 PM   #6

Thanks for reminding me to run mine up/down on a regular basis... I fired up the Seneca, let the air pressure build and retracted the jacks - they were a little squeaky, but fully retracted.

Disconnected the shore cord and started the Generator and exercised the Heat Pumps, AC Units and the Furnace. Put water in the toilet, ran the water pump, hot water and cold water and shut down the pump.

Waited for the Engine to get to Temp and shut it down and ran the jacks up/down two cycles while still on Generator power.

Shut down the Generator and reconnected to shore power, grabbed a cold beer out of the fridge and walked back to what I was doing on JOF. Thanks for the reminder!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote