Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2022, 12:44 PM   #1

FireFly VegaTouch Mira help Accolade 37K

'Just brought her home" and I have been working my way through the usual issues and figuring everything out. On the Firefly display its show that the propane tank is at 0% when it's showing full at the tank. Underneath the tank graphic the word "Disc." is displayed. I assume that this means it thinks the gauge sender is disconnected.

Does anyone know where the G12 panel is in the Accolade 37K?

I found a random sticker in the wardrobe for the G12 which shows the propane is on its own plug. My guess is that it was never plugged in at the factory - shocker I know.

In addition to the propane the GoPower Solar is not set up correctly. Once I have traced the connections and established what the chassis battery chemistry and capacity is I will get it setup and report here. Both batteries where set to Gel and 200AH capacity which I am guessing is completely wrong. House batteries are AGM and configured 12v with 448AH capacity. I need to check the wiring because I have no confidence as to which GoPower port is connected to which battery bank.

On the plus side it is collecting a good amount of solar power here in Ohio (I regularly see 130-140 Watts).
Attached Thumbnails
EC53CA25-FB3B-436C-B5F5-37C66681421B_1_102_o.jpg   63F55773-29A4-4950-BBFC-6AD455B64027_1_102_o.jpg  
gazellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:02 PM   #2

I would have to assume that the sending guage on the tank is disconnected. If you've read any of these threads, the sending unit is notoriously inaccurate. Mine show 41% when full and 41% when I'm filling it.
2019 F-150
Semix-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:35 PM   #3

Progress

The G12 unit is under the cushioned pad at the foot of the bed. Two wood screws under the front edge hold it in place.

Inside you will find the G12 I/O and the VegaTouch BlueTooth controller. Both are mounted upside down. The propane tank sender is a simple resistive sender so I will have to test the G12 plug to see if its open circuit or the resistance is wrong.

Attached is a PDF of the label showing the pinouts for all the G12 IO connectors.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4213.jpg   IMG_4211.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf G12Pinout.pdf (2.21 MB, 62 views)
Old 06-24-2022, 12:29 PM   #4

Propane Guage Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semix-Hex View Post
I would have to assume that the sending guage on the tank is disconnected. If you've read any of these threads, the sending unit is notoriously inaccurate. Mine show 41% when full and 41% when I'm filling it.
Sending unit was the issue. It was not disconnected but it did have a resistance value way outside the 0-90 ohm range. These just clip on and follow the internal mechanism using a magnet. Easy fix.

Here is a link for anyone needing one..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003D3WPGS...roduct_details
Old 08-06-2022, 03:25 PM   #5

no connection to solar on firefly panel

I have gone through just about all the manuals and I have found nothing . The dealer has replaced the solar controller and i have the same result. no solar information on the firefly or the go power app. any clues
highballer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:00 AM   #6

I had to rewire the Battery side of the GoPower charge controller as the Factory install had the chassis and house batteries switched. So its likely you have a wiring issue.

We have a GP-RVC-30-MPPT Solar Controller which connects to the firefly/vegatouch via the RV's canbus (sometimes called RV-C). If the canbus is not connected properly the GoPower screen on the vetgatouch panel or its app will not work. Canbus is just a simple 4 wire system so checking that aught to be easy for the dealer. If your lights, slides, ac, water heater and awnings are working then the Canbus is functioning at least partially.

I will get you some pictures of the wiring later today and post here so you can at least check it looks correct.

Also the GoPower App will not work with this unit unless it is paired with an additional remote display containing a bluetooth transmitter. So the only way we can see its data is via the vegatouch panel or the vegatouch app.

Here is a link to the manual for our unit...

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/c...VC-30-MPPT.pdf
Old 08-07-2022, 06:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by highballer1 View Post
I have gone through just about all the manuals and I have found nothing . The dealer has replaced the solar controller and i have the same result. no solar information on the firefly or the go power app. any clues
Here are a couple of picts showing how mine is connected. Note that the Orange cable is connected to the terminator and then into the charge controller. Each end of the RV-C / Canbus has to have one of these to function correctly. In the pictures you can clearly see the Orange cable that goes up into the area where the vegatouch and G12 modules are. In the case of our coach (a 37k) these can be found under the foot of the bed.

You will need to check that there is no breaks in any of the cables 4 wires and that they are correctly matched color for color at both ends. You can do the checks with a cheap voltmeter that has ether continuity or ohms and a very long piece of wire to go from one end to the other.

When the dealer replaced the gopower they should have tested this and made sure the new unit was working with the display panel. Its crazy how lazy these people are.
Attached Thumbnails
SolarChargeController.jpg   SolarConnections.jpg