Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #1

Fresh water fill

Can someone tell me where to locate the fresh water tank fill on 2018.5 37fs. Is it where it says city water? Thanks
Newk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 04:39 PM   #2

If you have a set of valves somewhere that can be rotated to various settings, then you probably use the city water connection to fill the onboard tank.

Otherwise there should be some sort of gravity tank fill somewhere on the outside body of the RV.

1st determine if you have the valve system.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 04:53 PM   #3

Attach the hose to the white city fill connection and set your valves to Powerfill tank. To use off of city water in the motorhome, yiu attach to the same place and set valves to City Water. The Black hose fitting is for the black tank flush system/
Attached Thumbnails
D4F7820F-0A31-4C9D-8E3B-9974357C806F.jpeg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:14 PM   #4
RPR

If you have one setting for city fill that’s it
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #5

Thanks rusty that's the ticket
Newk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:57 PM   #6

How to know when it's full?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Attach the hose to the white city fill connection and set your valves to Powerfill tank. To use off of city water in the motorhome, yiu attach to the same place and set valves to City Water. The Black hose fitting is for the black tank flush system/
Silly newbie question related to this... how will I know when my tank is full? Getting ready for a boondock trip, so want to fill (but not over-fill) before we go.
DamnWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:04 PM   #7
RPR

Your fresh water tank should have a overflow line where water will come out when tank is full.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnWalker View Post
Silly newbie question related to this... how will I know when my tank is full? Getting ready for a boondock trip, so want to fill (but not over-fill) before we go.
There are 3 vent lines off the tank and I just fill till it starts coming out of them. The Seneca can have a bad habit of losing water fro siphoning while going down the road though. The vents are usually positioned in the front corner of the tank and when going down hill or braking hard, this will force water out of the vents and if you happen to be pointing downhill, the water will continue to siphon. Some people put valves on the lines to shut off to prevent this but IMO this should only be temporary as if you forget to open then, you can collapse your tank, or if you fill with it closed, you can split the tank. The best thing is to make and install a vacuumed break if this happens to you. Here is a thread about it but you can find more by searching “water loss”

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...g-54340-2.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
There are 3 vent lines off the tank and I just fill till it starts coming out of them. The Seneca can have a bad habit of losing water fro siphoning while going down the road though. The vents are usually positioned in the front corner of the tank and when going down hill or braking hard, this will force water out of the vents and if you happen to be pointing downhill, the water will continue to siphon. Some people put valves on the lines to shut off to prevent this but IMO this should only be temporary as if you forget to open then, you can collapse your tank, or if you fill with it closed, you can split the tank. The best thing is to make and install a vacuumed break if this happens to you. Here is a thread about it but you can find more by searching “water loss”

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...g-54340-2.html
. Excellent - that makes sense. I'll have to hunt for my overflow lines on the '22 37k. I've not come across them yet.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:14 PM   #10

Quote:
I bought a cheap flow meter like this for a few bucks at a hardware store. I know how many gallons my tank holds. I just attach it between the hose and filler snout and I can see exactly how much is going in.
Attached Thumbnails
FE27135B-B278-4149-9B48-D854BF8A7D0F.jpeg  
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
I bought a cheap flow meter like this for a few bucks at a hardware store. I know how many gallons my tank holds. I just attach it between the hose and filler snout and I can see exactly how much is going in.
. I love this! I can use that when I want to put in a measured amount. Thanks for this one!
Old 03-29-2022, 08:36 PM   #12

Quote:
. Excellent - that makes sense. I'll have to hunt for my overflow lines on the '22 37k. I've not come across them yet.
Look for 3 pipes or hoses, frequently on the passenger side coming down between two compartments.

Or hook up a hose and fill the tank and they will present themselves.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote