Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2022, 08:19 AM   #1

Fresh Water, Gray Tank and Black Tank Indications

Just took a two week trip with my 2021 Jayco Seneca 37K. On my Mira VegaTouch I get zero indications (all stay at zero percent) for all my water systems (fresh, black and gray) everything else on the VegaTouch works just fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with a solution or do I need to take it to the dreaded dealership?
BobD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 06:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobD17 View Post
Just took a two week trip with my 2021 Jayco Seneca 37K. On my Mira VegaTouch I get zero indications (all stay at zero percent) for all my water systems (fresh, black and gray) everything else on the VegaTouch works just fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with a solution or do I need to take it to the dreaded dealership?
I have a 2022 37K, if all stay zero, either there is a basic connect missing to the firefly system under the foot of the bed. Or the software is incorrect. I would check the firefly main control panel first, then call Jayco for software version to see if they got it correct for your floor plan.

However once you get it fixed, you will find the sensors such and are never accurate….
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 08:33 PM   #3

I have a 2022 37K and they are not accurate at all. My water tank full only reads 33%, the Black 1 reads 33% and it is empty and has never been used. Grey's read ok though.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqharoper View Post
I have a 2022 37K and they are not accurate at all. My water tank full only reads 33%, the Black 1 reads 33% and it is empty and has never been used. Grey's read ok though.
Yep
Old 10-18-2022, 08:51 PM   #5

Thanks. It must be a connection somewhere because today after sitting a few days they have started working again. I have had some sensors replaced in my black tanks it the past and before this happened they have been pretty accurate.
BobD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 09:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobD17 View Post
Thanks. It must be a connection somewhere because today after sitting a few days they have started working again. I have had some sensors replaced in my black tanks it the past and before this happened they have been pretty accurate.
I have had some expensive motor homes over the 37k. None of them were ever accurate.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:15 PM   #7

The only accurate sensors out there are the SeeLevel brand. The sensors mount of the outside of the tanks and are very accurate. I installed them on our 2018.5 RB

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 01:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
The only accurate sensors out there are the SeeLevel brand. The sensors mount of the outside of the tanks and are very accurate. I installed them on our 2018.5 RB
The tank sensors on our 2020 Tiffin Class A are also mounted on the outside and are 100% accurate. We've never had a single issue with them.
So I wonder if Tiffin uses the SeeLevel sensors or some other brand.
JAYC0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 05:35 PM   #9

Sensors

I am a full timer and have been traveling for the last 9 years in my Seneca. The sensors never work right. You can clean the tanks till your blue in the face and the sensors still will or will not be accurate.
dennyld is offline   Reply With Quote