Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2022, 01:02 PM   #41

Thank you. They put a heavy-duty rear sway bar on from Jayco as the premium ride. I went under there and the diameter looks thick. I don't think the roadmaster is any thicker. However, for the front are we able to put a sway bar on?
Yngwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 11:57 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I installed the Fox Shocks and Sumo Springs in the front yesterday. ....
Brian,
I just got off the phone with Diesel Exhaust. Both the front (980-31-007) and rear ( 980-31-003 ) are back ordered.
My question to you is did you install them yourself? where they pre-compressed? if not how did you compress them? And any other helpful tips on the install of the shocks?

TIA
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 05:54 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpietsch View Post
My question to you is did you install them yourself? where they pre-compressed? if not how did you compress them? And any other helpful tips on the install of the shocks?

TIA

Yes I installed them myself. They come fully extended and there is a slight pressure resistance to collapse them but not hard at all. Front is super easy but the back top bolts are hard to reach with the tires on.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 11:59 AM   #44

I'm still working with Fox to let us sell this line of shocks. 50/50 if they will at this point. I think they might have a deal with the online retailers to sell only to them versus any Fox dealer.
TridentAccolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 03:39 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TridentAccolade View Post
I'm still working with Fox to let us sell this line of shocks. 50/50 if they will at this point. I think they might have a deal with the online retailers to sell only to them versus any Fox dealer.
My supplier of my off-road Fox shocks tried to get set up to sell them and get mine for me but Fox wouldn’t do it. They said they already have a protected dealer network that has to be commercial truck related.

Old 03-21-2022, 09:52 AM   #46

I am having a hard time finding Fox or Bilstein that aren't 25 weeks out.

Has anyone put Gabriel on both the front and rear?
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:08 PM   #47

Fox Back Ordered

I'm still waiting. ordered the fox shocks 1/23/22.

GRRRR
Old 05-08-2022, 03:59 PM   #48

After all the discussion about the Sumo Springs, I went out to the barn and looked at our 2018 M2 chassis (37TS). Both of the factory Bilstein shocks mount behind the front axle, and there is a large (tall) bump stop on top of the axle. Definitely a different mounting system.
Mr Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:47 PM   #49

rear Shocks

So just got an email from fox directly. production has stopped and on hold. I ordered back in January. What rear shock will work? Just Gabriel's. Bilstein doesn't have one, and Koni said they don't.

Not only that the Fox rears say only up to 2019 M2. Even called liquid spring. Nothing for S2rv, but they do the m2 rear now.

anyone get the Gabriels on the back and notice it's better?
-evan
Old 05-29-2022, 01:57 PM   #50

Fox Commercial Shocks availability

I have a 2022 Entegra Accolade 37k.

I have been waiting for 6+ months for the Fox Commercial Shocks, 980-31-007 and 980-31-003. They fit the S2RV chassis. Rustynuts has them on his coach.

Everyone I call says they will be shipped "in 2 weeks" I even spoke to the owner of Diesel Exhaust, Jason, who voiced the same frustraions.

Got my dander up and started a top-down approach. I reached out to Rich Winters, President Powered Vehicles Group (#2 guy). Finding his direct contact info took some time. I sent him an email on 5/24 concerning my frustrations. He responded the same day. He asked Tom Fletcher (President PVG Group and Corporate Strategy) and Pat Macaulay (VP and General Manager Truck and Off-Road Division) to look into this issue. Both responded to me the same day. Pat sent me this on 5/27:

Robert

Looks like the next build of these will be ready on 6-27-22

Thank you

Pat Macaulay
VP & GM PVG After Market

If you want these shocks let me know and I will tell Pat of our collective interest. If you want to call Diesel Exhaust (562-777-7776) ask for Diana, tell her I told you to call and she will put you on their list, calling you when she actually get a shipping invoice from Fox.

I don't know where this will go but I will follow up with these 3 gentlemen if it doesn't happen.

Cheers,
Bob

bobbyg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 05:56 PM   #51

HD shocks King

So these are in stock and s2rv specific. $500 ea.
im going to order the rear
Old 05-29-2022, 06:17 PM   #52

They are having trouble with the seals and struggle with warranty coverage. The Fox units, IF we can get them by 6-27ish are $268 at Diesel Exhaust. Kings shaft is at the top of the shock, Fox is at the bottom. Crud collects at the top and falls off the bottom. If grit scores the shaft the seals will leak. Fox shafts have a coating that scratches first, no seal leak. King does not. King will offer or sell you a cover for the shocks, depending on the model. I would definitely use/buy them. I do not, by the way have any affiliation with Fox other than I knew the founder in Calif when we were both MUCH younger. I have used them successfully for years. Both shocks are re-buildable which is a real plus.

Rustynuts says he is pleased with his Fox units. He also has the SumoSprings in the front (SSF-503-40). They too are on back order. I have been getting similar replies on their availability. Gona go the top down approach there too. I have used them before too and they are well worth the wait.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:31 PM   #53

Fox is discontinuing Commercial Products

I just got off the phone with Diana from Diesel Exhaust. She says Fox is totally discontinuing the Commercial line and it is unclear if existing orders will be able to be fulfilled. The good news is that they may be able to bring production in-house, but that is at least a year off.
Auricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:19 AM   #54

This is all shocking to read... Sorry could not resist. I have been fairly happy with the stock shocks up front on my 2022. Maybe I am just oblivious to how much better it could be vs what I am used to in similar commercial box trucks. I just purchased a 300k truck for work and the RV still rides better that the commercial truck loaded up.

I just received a new exact center steering stabilizer to test out from RoadMaster. This will not help with the up and down movement, but should help with the side to side movement requiring small steering adjustments.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 06:59 PM   #55

I spoke with Pat Mccaulay, VP and GM of aftermarket for Fox. He says they are indeed planning to leave the market for now. He also said they are committed to completing all outstanding orders, including mine. They are taking no new orders however.
Old 07-14-2022, 02:14 PM   #56

HD Shocks King

I put the Billsteins on the front. Helped immediately. Ordered HD Shock kings for the rear. should be here any day. Double the price of the Fox. I'll let you know how it rides. I'm going to do the fronts with the kings after a few thousand miles on the Billsteins. Money kind of wasted. Sumos came in today.
Old 07-18-2022, 12:32 PM   #57

Quote:
Fox Shock #980-31-007

SSF-503-40 - SumoSprings Front for Freightliner M6 102 | Left/Right Pair | 1000 (lb) Capacity at 50% Compression | Made in the USA

Being the drivers side shock is mounted in front of the axle along with the shock and the Fox Shock has a nice shaft protection shield around the bottom, I did have to clearance the Sumo mounting plate about 3/8" in right next to the shock but should not affect it at all.
I plan on adding the Sumos. Where did you guys source your Sumos? Best price I see is $344.99 with free shipping UPS Ground from Michigan Truck Spring. RustyNuts got a great deal on his!
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 12:52 PM   #58

Sumo

Summit took 6 weeks to get. Just got them on. Thank you Rusty Nutz. Had to grind the bracket in driver side. Was easy
Attached Thumbnails
F0344D72-AEA4-4750-B6EB-D0D54698F20A.jpg  
Old 07-18-2022, 02:30 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
I plan on adding the Sumos. Where did you guys source your Sumos? Best price I see is $344.99 with free shipping UPS Ground from Michigan Truck Spring. RustyNuts got a great deal on his!

Sumo has MAP pricing so pretty much the same everywhere. I got mine direct from Sumo, sign up for their emails and you should get a 15% discount code. I just received one in an email the other day, I’ll look for it.

https://www.superspringsinternationa...op/ssf-503-40/
Old 07-20-2022, 05:59 PM   #60

Quote:
Sumo has MAP pricing so pretty much the same everywhere. I got mine direct from Sumo, sign up for their emails and you should get a 15% discount code. I just received one in an email the other day, I’ll look for it.

https://www.superspringsinternationa...op/ssf-503-40/
For anyone interested, I contacted Supersprings and the discount code of 15% is only good on their springs and not on Sumo products. Darn.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote