Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2021, 11:15 AM   #1

Front shocks Seneca or Accolade 2021

Continuing my search for steering and driving improvements, I am now looking for better shocks than what I have. This is a S2RV chassis, used for Seneca and Accolade, same chassis. The Entegra and Seneca brochures listed Bilstein shock absorbers but I got Sachs.
Which brand of shocks absorbers should I look for to improve the ride and steering?
Did any of you change the front shocks? What did you use and did it make a difference?
jacquesmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:29 AM   #2

If they are available I would look at KONI's.. Well worth the extra money.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:37 AM   #3

I asked for Koni shocks when I was at Safe T Plus. They are distributors now but they said that Koni did not have shocks for that chassis.
I am going to email Koni.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #4

Fox now has a Commercial Vehicle Shock line. I am about to order some to try for the front, I like that they are Serviceable & Rebuildable and Backed By A 2-Year, 200,000-Mile Warranty. I have been using Fox for Offroad vehicles and they have been great.

Of course like everything these days, its backordered for 12-16 weeks

https://www.ridefox.com/product.php?...shock-absorber

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:09 PM   #5

The Fox ones look good but which ones did you order? The ones for the M2 chassis? They are rated for 12 to 20,000 lbs. Is that not going to be too stiff? My steer axle is just above 8,000 lbs.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesmm View Post
The Fox ones look good but which ones did you order? The ones for the M2 chassis? They are rated for 12 to 20,000 lbs. Is that not going to be too stiff? My steer axle is just above 8,000 lbs.

My front axle is a 10k unit. I checked with the company I get all my offroad shocks from and he said part number 980-31-007 which is also the part number others have listed as using.

Old 11-22-2021, 12:43 PM   #7

Thanks, I will call them.

Thanks to your advice, my steering improved greatly: I followed your previous advice for alignment and tire pressure and it made a big difference.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:18 AM   #8

I put Bilsteins on the front and Gabriel HD on the rear of my S2RV. You have to order Bilsteins from Power Brake & Spring Service. Part number BIL24-196208. They have 10 and 12K version.

I did just the front to start and the RV felt really weird with stiff front shocks and junk Sachs in the rear. Much better after I did the rear too. The Gabriels are very inexpensive and you could try those on the front too.
lslblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslblues View Post
I put Bilsteins on the front and Gabriel HD on the rear of my S2RV. You have to order Bilsteins from Power Brake & Spring Service. Part number BIL24-196208. They have 10 and 12K version.

I did just the front to start and the RV felt really weird with stiff front shocks and junk Sachs in the rear. Much better after I did the rear too. The Gabriels are very inexpensive and you could try those on the front too.
What was the part number for the rear shocks?

Old 11-23-2021, 01:02 PM   #10

Let's make certain that I understand all this, sorry, I am not a car mechanic. In addition to the leaf springs, in the front, we have shocks but in the rear, on the drive axle, we have air bags plus shocks. Freightliner call rear part that Airliner.
You propose to change the shocks in the front and the rear.
Old 11-23-2021, 03:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
What was the part number for the rear shocks?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesmm View Post
Let's make certain that I understand all this, sorry, I am not a car mechanic. In addition to the leaf springs, in the front, we have shocks but in the rear, on the drive axle, we have air bags plus shocks. Freightliner call rear part that Airliner.
You propose to change the shocks in the front and the rear.

Correct.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:05 PM   #13

What issues are you trying to address? A good alignment might be in order as it may not be great from the factory. I have the Safe T Plus on my renegade S2rv and I think that really helps the tracking down the road. With the water and gas tank behind the rear axle and the lighter front axle than the standard M2 chassis most folks with the S2rv are very happy with the steering stabilizer.

Eric
E_Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
If they are available I would look at KONI's.. Well worth the extra money.
I put Koni shocks all away around making a noticeable difference on my 2012 Seneca.
jsimonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 05:16 PM   #15

I have the Gabriel shocks in hand for the back that ISLBlues suggested, they are adjustable for firmness, and I have the Fox front shocks on order, they are 12-16 weeks out. I will report back when I get them on, I have a good test track, the southern Oregon section of Hwy 101, it’s as bad as ya get

Old 12-05-2021, 08:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Benson View Post
What issues are you trying to address? A good alignment might be in order as it may not be great from the factory. I have the Safe T Plus on my renegade S2rv and I think that really helps the tracking down the road. With the water and gas tank behind the rear axle and the lighter front axle than the standard M2 chassis most folks with the S2rv are very happy with the steering stabilizer.

Eric
Thanks but alignment and Safe T plus were done months ago. Also, I discovered that there was air in the steering lines. All that is taken care off and it drives well but I feel that the shocks could be better.
I contacted Koni and they don't make shocks for the S2RV. I am looking at what Rustynuts proposes.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:39 PM   #17

My company is a direct dealer for Fox products. I've reached out to my rep about purchasing the commercial series line of Fox shocks. I plan to swap out the factory stuff with Fox on my 2022 Accolade as fast as I can get them.

With that said, once I get the approval to sell the commercial line, I'd be happy to pass on any discounts I can, usually 15-20%, to fellow Jayco owners.
TridentAccolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TridentAccolade View Post
My company is a direct dealer for Fox products. I've reached out to my rep about purchasing the commercial series line of Fox shocks. I plan to swap out the factory stuff with Fox on my 2022 Accolade as fast as I can get them.

With that said, once I get the approval to sell the commercial line, I'd be happy to pass on any discounts I can, usually 15-20%, to fellow Jayco owners.
Sweet! Please keep us posted.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:22 AM   #19

My 2022 arrives next week. I’d like to get the fox shocks as well. Let us know please !
Yngwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:07 AM   #20

S2RV Front Axle Weight

Hi, looking to order the Fox Shocks. I am concerned on the Axle weight as other mentioned prior. they are set for the M2 chassis at 12k lbs up front. We have 10k. Logically performance wouldn't be optimized for our weight. compression and rebound would be harsh and faster to rise the shock back up. Guess waiting for an update from Fox or a Guinee pig.
Yngwie is offline   Reply With Quote