Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2022, 04:05 PM   #1

Frozen AquaGo heater

Wondering if the tank on an AquaGo heater can be replaced without replacing the whole system. I failed to drain the water with the magic yellow door and, of course, it froze and cracked.
Sooner Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:43 PM   #2

Yes they can but it will have to be done by Truma or an authorized dealer, Truma wont sell parts the the consumer. I suggest if you have it repaired to consider having the Comfort upgrade done at the same time as it makes the unit Soooo much better.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:41 PM   #3

As Rustynuts says they have to be repaired by Truma authorized. I have had my unit out several times to repair a leak and to fix some wiring that shorted out. The units are pretty modular with parts that snap in and unscrew easily. It would be very simple to replace the majority of items in the heater but getting the parts is the problem. it really depends on what froze and where the burst occurred.
They do make an electronic heater for the truma that can be used to prevent freezing but you need the comfort model for that.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 08:04 AM   #4

Thank you gentlemen. The part that broke is the lower 1/2 of the tank, I think it was called the mixing chamber in a diagram I saw on Truma’s site. I’ll look into the comfort model as well.
Sooner Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:24 AM   #5

I have read before of somebody getting this tank replaced because of a freeze, the drain slides into the bottom of the tank. Truma offers a kit (part. no. 77000-00005) to up-grade from AquaGo basic to AquaGo comfort, it consists of a control unit assembly, interior control panel, control panel cable and a grommet. This gives you a control knob inside to switch between modes and allows you to decalcify the unit and will also tell you when you need to decalcify it. The Truma is not a true tankless water heater like you found out, it is considered a Hybrid Water Heater. In this pic you can see the control knob on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
B77E4D47-EA26-40F4-A366-0E8E5C804820.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote