Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2021, 12:29 PM   #1

Fuel Numbers?

I hate to admit it, but I still don't have a good feel for what kind of numbers to expect from my 2014 37TS. Biggest problems has been having to top off the tanks one at a time after changing pumps to make that happen. The gravity feeding screws things up, even if you do it quickly.

Last fill up was at a station with pumps on either side, so at least I know I started out full on the current tank. Haven't topped it off yet, but I did a LOT of mountain running which I know will affect the bottom line.

Heading to Lauderdale the end of the month to take in the boat show and will be staying at what appears to be a very nice motor coach site on New River. No doubt that run will give me some good numbers, but I figured I would ask what you folks are getting.

https://www.yachthavenpark.com/
Old 10-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #2

I run 350 to 450 miles between fill ups. Closer to 350-400 if running generator. Average miles per gallon is 8.5 or so. I installed the extendafill units on my tanks. These allow you fully fill the tank and avoid spillage.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 02:59 PM   #3

RVermont
Question about extendafill where did you buy them at?
ibubuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:53 PM   #4

Extendafill.com

He used to be a member here, Not sure if he still is. Great customer service. I received a new set of orings for them almost two years after I bought them. They said they had seen some failures on the previous prongs.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:56 PM   #5

Still here

Yup still a member enjoy looking at all the Seneca modifications some guys are doing , man some of the ones done look like there are some real talented owners out there once I retire will have time to try some
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Extendafill.com

He used to be a member here, Not sure if he still is. Great customer service. I received a new set of orings for them almost two years after I bought them. They said they had seen some failures on the previous prongs.
They are one of the best items we have added to our Seneca... Highly Recommend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2retire&drive View Post
Yup still a member enjoy looking at all the Seneca modifications some guys are doing , man some of the ones done look like there are some real talented owners out there once I retire will have time to try some
And a lot of them never get posted on the JOF.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:41 PM   #7

Agreed on extendafill - a great addition.

I also received the new seals (2 sets actually so still have spares). They are a larger interior diameter so the pump nozzles don’t come in contact with them and allow them to be damaged.

I just had occasion to change my original pair since I had the steps off to have them line-X’d….
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:20 PM   #8

Tried to order them web site said I couldn't being I live in Florida. Didn't se a phone number to call.
Old 10-08-2021, 05:28 PM   #9

I’m looking into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibubuc View Post
Tried to order them web site said I couldn't being I live in Florida. Didn't se a phone number to call.
Hi we are heading into the long weekend up here , but I will contact my IT guy and see what’s up, don’t give up. G
Old 10-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #10

All good now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibubuc View Post
Monaris problem fixed your good to go
Old 10-12-2021, 08:36 PM   #11

Thanks

Just placed my order. Thanks went through.
Old 10-17-2021, 04:37 PM   #12

2015 37ts> I just came off a trip, ran 500 miles. calculated mileage was 9.1 miles per gallons. Cooler temps and an I10 that had little traffic. I refuel at truck stops for the convenience of two pumps but obviously pay more pre gallon.
Old 10-17-2021, 04:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCAT9110 View Post
2015 37ts> I just came off a trip, ran 500 miles. calculated mileage was 9.1 miles per gallons. Cooler temps and an I10 that had little traffic. I refuel at truck stops for the convenience of two pumps but obviously pay more pre gallon.
You pay more at truck stops? Have you joined the TSD Logistics RV fuel program? The TA Station I will fill up at in the morning is 3.89 at the pump but 3.36 with the TSD discount.

If you haven’t got it check it out. Can only be used at the truck pumps and discounts vary.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #14

Very pleased with the RVPlus charge card in collaboration with Pilot/Flying J and Good Sam Club - $0.10 per gallon discount, fuel at the truck pumps, don’t have to go inside the store, and online account management.
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 06:25 PM   #15

fuel

Our 2014 FS gets 8.5 mpg everywhere except Texas where I've gotten as much as 11 mpg. Straight, level, and forever.
I carry the Flying J RV card through Good Sam, the TSD Logistics card, and the TCS card affiliated with Family Motor Coach and the TCS discount is offered at more locations and generally cheaper than TSD. Their 10% mark-up on the discount can be the difference. TSD is a credit card and TCS is a cash-secured card with deposited funds.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 05:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimL View Post
Very pleased with the RVPlus charge card in collaboration with Pilot/Flying J and Good Sam Club - $0.10 per gallon discount, fuel at the truck pumps, don’t have to go inside the store, and online account management.
When did PFJ raise their discount to .10? Last time I used it the discount was .08 on over priced diesel to begin with.

Sam’s clubs around me do not have diesel and if they did I couldn’t get a 40 foot rig and TOAD around their islands due to layout.

The TDS program allows pay at pump at most TA/Petro locations and all Loves locations I have stopped stop at. I have only had to go inside to pay one time in South Dakota.

It’s your money to waste as you see fit.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:29 AM   #17

I second the TSD idea. That program is a huge savings and very convenient to use at the truck stops. Get the open roads app and I plan my fuel stops well in advance.

In regards to mileage get either a scangauge or a bluefire. I have both. The bluefire will show you way too much information and is a little more difficult to set up. The scangauge is pretty simple and unobtrusive. Both give you real time and average fuel consumption along with many other important parameters. I would say one of these is required equipment for your rig.

It’s nice to know real time mileage because it varies by terrain, what I may be towing and other factors. it will not be able to account for generator fuel consumption but you can handle that in your calculations when determining the next fuel stop.
staineous is offline   Reply With Quote