Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2022, 09:01 PM   #1

Question Has anyone upgraded your Super C Suspension?

First post here, new member.

My wife and I currently own a Tiffin motorhome but we've only had it for about 6 months and we honestly don't enjoy driving it due to the width of the "cab", the way it leans in corners (even after the upgrades we installed), not having a driver side door, and the blind spots on the pass side. So we're looking into a Super C. I paid cash for the Tiffin and got a really good deal on it so we won't lose a single dime if we decide to sell it. So no big deal there. We just want to be comfortable driving down the road and my wife would like to be able to drive in case I can't (which I think is great) so here we are.

We are full-time RVers and prior to owning the Tiffin, we towed a 5th wheel so we're not new to the lifestyle, we just don't like driving this Class A, but we don't want to go back to a trailer either. So I've started doing my research on Super C motorhomes and I have a few questions about the suspension. When I bought the Tiffin the first thing I did was install Sumo Springs all the way around,
KONI shocks, and front/rear sway bars to improve handling. The cost was about $2,500 installed.

Is any/all of this recommended (or even possible) when you buy a Jayco Seneca with the factory suspension?

I don't mind dropping a few grand to make it ride better and/or improve the handling.

Thanks for any info on suspension mods/upgrades.
(We'll be looking for a 2018 to 2020 model 37K or 37HJ)
JAYC0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 09:23 PM   #2

I have a 2022 37K. I replaced an older 2006 Kodiak Chassis with it. It drives good. I have around 5K on it right now. Dropping air pressure in tires to 95PSI made a huge difference. I have a set of Sumo's to go on the front (rear is air ride/bags from factory) but have not installed them yet. I did install a RSSA steering stabilizer a few weeks ago, can't really tell much difference, more of a safety reason. Bilstein shocks will replace the factory ones probably in the spring.
It drives better than any Class A I have driven including Pushers.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqharoper View Post
I have a 2022 37K. I replaced an older 2006 Kodiak Chassis with it. It drives good. I have around 5K on it right now. Dropping air pressure in tires to 95PSI made a huge difference. I have a set of Sumo's to go on the front (rear is air ride/bags from factory) but have not installed them yet. I did install a RSSA steering stabilizer a few weeks ago, can't really tell much difference, more of a safety reason. Bilstein shocks will replace the factory probably in the spring.
It drives better than any Class A I have driven including Pushers.
Thanks for the info!
I'm curious about your choice of shocks though, why Bilstein and not Koni?
Old 11-02-2022, 09:30 PM   #4

Not dead set on the Bilsteins. I run them on my Dually and some older classic cars and always had good luck with them.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqharoper View Post
Not dead set on the Bilsteins. I run them on my Dually and some older classic cars and always had good luck with them.
I used to put Bilsteins on older vehicles too but do yourself a favor and do some research on KONI FSD shocks. They seem to get better reviews for motorhome applications. I installed some on my Tiffin and it was a night and day difference over the Bilsteins.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 11-02-2022, 11:55 PM   #6

They actually drive great right off the lot, but almost anything can use some improvement. I went the first year all stock and then added the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer mainly for blowout safety but it does improve driving in windy conditions and straight line tracking. Earlier this year I added Sumo Springs on the front, nothing for the rear as it is air ride suspension, Fox Shock and Super Steer motion control valves on the rear air suspension. Those additions made a big difference and removed the body roll and rocking motion. The factory shocks I removed at 18k miles pretty much had very little compression and rebound valving. I am very happy with the results and it’s been money well spent. One thing they all need is a dual axle alignment, had ours done and the rear axle was out of parallel almost 1/4” and drove much better after the alignment.
Attached Thumbnails
6DD2D590-2446-4A10-B849-A59F39B83ECA.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:23 AM   #7

A bunch of people keep commenting on KONI shocks but I have yet to find that KONI makes shocks for the Freightliner M2.
FYIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:54 AM   #8

This Accolade is a real pleasure to drive compared to the F-53 class A we had before. No shock upgrade yet, maybe next spring when we get home. It has steered great from day one. One thing I did notice was a slight dog track, rear to the right. I could see behind me good in the left mirror, not so much in the right mirror. I removed one of the 1/8” alignment shims in the right rear. Now I can see behind better in the right mirror. Still steers great. Steering wheel is centered perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
B7E84AC1-5DBE-4F12-ACDC-AD43161B920B.jpg  
Firewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 11:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
They actually drive great right off the lot, but almost anything can use some improvement. I went the first year all stock and then added the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer mainly for blowout safety but it does improve driving in windy conditions and straight-line tracking. Earlier this year I added Sumo Springs on the front, nothing for the rear as it is air ride suspension, Fox Shock, and Super Steer motion control valves on the rear air suspension. Those additions made a big difference and removed the body roll and rocking motion. The factory shocks I removed at 18k miles pretty much had very little compression and rebound valving. I am very happy with the results and it’s been money well spent. One thing they all need is a dual axle alignment, had ours done and the rear axle was out of parallel almost 1/4”, and drove much better after the alignment.
I forgot about the Safe-T-Plus! I have that on my Tiffin as well (in case of a blowout) and was planning on putting it on the Super C if they didn't come with something similar.

So everything else you installed is what I was picturing; Sumos on the front to counter leaning in turns and some high-end shocks. As FYIB suggested, I'm not finding Koni available for the M2 chassis so apparently, Fox is the way to go.

I appreciate the feedback.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:11 AM   #10

by dropping air pressure in tires to 95 psi what kind of difference did you notice, i am running 100 psi in mine and it drives great
01 mixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 mixson View Post
by dropping air pressure in tires to 95 psi what kind of difference did you notice, i am running 100 psi in mine and it drives great
Mine were at 115PSI cold when we picked it up. It rode rough and handled like the tires had a 1" contact patch. I weighed the coach and dropped to 95PSI cold. Ride was not as harsh and the handling was better in the turns.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:00 PM   #12

2022 Thor Magnitude

I have a Super C on a F550 chassis and the 2023 is on the F600 chassis. They have a Mega C out now on a different chassis. The smaller super c chassis are easy to get into (easier than my Ram3500) and maneuver so easy. Great ride without upgrades. Not as tall as class A but still 37’ long for some space. They come with various floor plans and some accommodate a washer/dryer for full time Rving.

I have had two large DP and an extremely large 5th wheel. The super c I have is the easiest driving so far.
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 03:19 PM   #13

The new Mega C is on the same S2RV chassis as the the Jayco Seneca and Entegra Accolade. This chassis also has a great ride and handling right off the showroom floor……but any factory chassis has room for improvement from aftermarket accessories.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:54 PM   #14

That looks like a Nathan horn bell in the pic. I bet the train horn sounds magnificent!!
Wally22j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 07:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally22j View Post
That looks like a Nathan horn bell in the pic. I bet the train horn sounds magnificent!!

That is a Cunningham 1A air Whistle, in my area they are used as a signal warning horn on logging yarders.....very loud and the pitch carries about a mile. It is my "stop texting" warning Here is a video of what they sound like.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:03 PM   #16

Looking for a shock upgrade since Fox is no longer making them? Call Pat at HD Shocks in California and talk with him about the King shocks that he is making for the S2RV Chassis. I ordered me a set approx 8 weeks ago and they shipped to me today. Can’t wait to get them on but it will be a few weeks in that the coach is going in to NIRVC for some warranty work and so we are thinking 3-4 weeks before we get to try them out. Not cheap, but if they are anything like the Kings on my other toys they will be worth every penny! Pat is a very customer service oriented guy and talks like he knows what he is doing.
Utrzrdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrzrdog View Post
Looking for a shock upgrade since Fox is no longer making them? Call Pat at HD Shocks in California and talk with him about the King shocks that he is making for the S2RV Chassis. I ordered me a set approx 8 weeks ago and they shipped to me today. Can’t wait to get them on but it will be a few weeks in that the coach is going into NIRVC for some warranty work and so we are thinking 3-4 weeks before we get to try them out. Not cheap, but if they are anything like the Kings on my other toys they will be worth every penny! Pat is a very customer service-oriented guy and talks like he knows what he is doing.
Thanks!
Old 11-14-2022, 03:28 PM   #18

Due to an illness and my wife's newly acquired fear of RV's, I've delivered my 2018.5 Seneca to the local Jayco dealer on consignment. When emptying the cargo holds I discovered my Sumo Springs (FRONT) still in the box. I never got around to having them installed. SuperSprings wouldn't take them back, so If you're interested I'll make you a great deal. They're still in the box, unopened! PN# SSF-503-40.

Damian & Sally Neeld
2018 Seneca HJ
Carmel, IN
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYC0 View Post
First post here, new member.

My wife and I currently own a Tiffin motorhome but we've only had it for about 6 months and we honestly don't enjoy driving it due to the width of the "cab", the way it leans in corners (even after the upgrades we installed), not having a driver side door, and the blind spots on the pass side. So we're looking into a Super C. I paid cash for the Tiffin and got a really good deal on it so we won't lose a single dime if we decide to sell it. So no big deal there. We just want to be comfortable driving down the road and my wife would like to be able to drive in case I can't (which I think is great) so here we are.

We are full-time RVers and prior to owning the Tiffin, we towed a 5th wheel so we're not new to the lifestyle, we just don't like driving this Class A, but we don't want to go back to a trailer either. So I've started doing my research on Super C motorhomes and I have a few questions about the suspension. When I bought the Tiffin the first thing I did was install Sumo Springs all the way around,
KONI shocks, and front/rear sway bars to improve handling. The cost was about $2,500 installed.

Is any/all of this recommended (or even possible) when you buy a Jayco Seneca with the factory suspension?

I don't mind dropping a few grand to make it ride better and/or improve the handling.

Thanks for any info on suspension mods/upgrades.
(We'll be looking for a 2018 to 2020 model 37K or 37HJ)
A significant suspension upgrade but probably the best is Liquid Spring
https://liquidspring.com/rv-suspensions/
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:46 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneeld52 View Post
Due to an illness and my wife's newly acquired fear of RV's, I've delivered my 2018.5 Seneca to the local Jayco dealer on consignment. When emptying the cargo holds I discovered my Sumo Springs (FRONT) still in the box. I never got around to having them installed. SuperSprings wouldn't take them back, so If you're interested I'll make you a great deal. They're still in the box, unopened! PN# SSF-503-40.
Very interested. I will DM you shortly.
rpietsch is offline   Reply With Quote