Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2021, 07:01 AM   #1

Headboard

Seems that Jayco thought small finishing nails would hold the headboard on the wall behind our king size bed in our 2021 37K. One side has already pulled out and the other side is not far behind. I’m sure the wall is thin paneling and nails will not hold. Screws may not either. Wondering if there is any metal frame studs on that wall. Anyone else have this happen??
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawingnutz View Post
Seems that Jayco thought small finishing nails would hold the headboard on the wall behind our king size bed in our 2021 37K. One side has already pulled out and the other side is not far behind. I’m sure the wall is thin paneling and nails will not hold. Screws may not either. Wondering if there is any metal frame studs on that wall. Anyone else have this happen??
In years past (our 01 and 08) they used industrial strength Velcro and that would allow you to remove it if needed. Don't understand why they switched. You might want to give that a try.
Old 05-27-2021, 02:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawingnutz View Post
Happened to us right after we left Jayco Factory Service. Took the coach to the dealer and had them repair it under warranty. Not sure about your floorpan but our headboard is attached to the wall of the bedroom slide.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:14 PM   #4

I put screws in all four corners, I think they were 3/4" long, so they came through about 3/8" or less. So far they are holding. So many things were done so poorly... Very poor build quality. 2019 K with 15,000 miles on it.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:23 PM   #5

When i get her home i will repair it with either screws or 3M dual lock/snap tape..better than velcro..
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 11:52 AM   #6

Ours came off also (2020 37K). I refastened using the screw in style drywall anchors in all four corners.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XMJQDPK...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
SKWMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote