Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2022, 07:21 AM   #1

Help: front bunk blind won’t go up

At campground, put front overhead bunk blind down last night. This morning it won’t go up. Using the switch it can go DOWN more, creating excessive slack, and it can then attempt to go up more, but then it stops when the slack is gone. There is nothing binding it and it can be hand lifted up (but falls when let go). We’ve tried “hand assisting” it up to take pressure off the motor but it always stops.

Any ideas short of disassembly?
EricM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 02:03 PM   #2

There are up and down limit switches. That may offer a solution as I had a similar event occur on a previous unit, resetting the upper limit switch worked. I knew where they were on my Thor KW29 but haven’t looked for them yet on this new coach. Anyone found them yet?

Have not read through this but see if it helps.

https://www.entegracoachforum.com/in...a=media;in=255

https://mcdinnovations.com/downloads...5-download.pdf
bobbyg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:32 AM   #3

Got the rig back home to Ohio from Florida.

Look’s like I’ll have to take about 20 screws out just to remove the trim around the window and blind - and then see if there isn’t some adjustment mechanism.

Perhaps next weekend….
Old 03-30-2022, 02:53 PM   #4

Smile

OK, solution. Hopefully this helps someone else.

I removed the MANY screws of the front bunk window trim, and carefully removed the large, thin, brittle plastic trim piece. On the drivers side there is a green wire with a clear plastic sleeve terminating it. A sticker on the wire says "for programming purposes".

Inside that plastic sleeve is a tiny little circuitboard with a button. When the tiny button is pressed, it will go into high stop and low stop programming mode.

You press the regular blind "up" switch on the wall and it goes an inch each time you press up. When you get to your desired upper limit for the blind, press "down" on the wall switch and it will likewise go down only and inch every time you press "down". When you get to the desired low limit, press "up" and it will beep strangely and go all the way up to your set upper limit. Done

Easy peasy, once you figure it out. Hope this helps someone.

Also, behind that trim piece is a LOT of empty space, and NO INSULATION. I tucked a whole bunch of R15 up there while I had it open.
Old 03-30-2022, 03:16 PM   #5

That's good to know. I'm trying to figure out what to put on the exposed foam around the edges.
2019 F-150
Semix-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 04:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semix-Hex View Post
That's good to know. I'm trying to figure out what to put on the exposed foam around the edges.
My year 2021 model 37L has no foam around the edges.

I'd suggest you take the trim off and take a peek, perhaps you can just peel off the foam. And then just cram some insulation in all that open space.
Old 03-30-2022, 05:24 PM   #7

that is exactly what I found on my Thor. No insulation in the entire front cavity of that coach. Disappointing to see Jayco do the same. They do own Thor however. Glad you figured out the code and got her fixed. Guess I gotta check out the 37K.
bobbyg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:15 AM   #8

We have a 2021 37L and ours did something similar. There is a small limiting switch located in the upper left corner behind the trim to reset the limits, it is on a wire that you can pull out a little. I believe you have to hold down on the button until it beeps then set your upper and lower limits. Took me a few minutes to figure out the sequence but finally got it to work. You shouldn't have to take off the trim, atleast I didn't. I couldn't find anything online so it was a lot a trial and error.
ponzchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:11 PM   #9

My blind broke and was replaced this morning. The replacement was easy but the programming took 4 or 5 phone calls until they found an online video that explains how to set the limits. I don't know where that video is but yes, there is a little button hidden in the frame, in my case driver side, top edge.
jacquesmm is offline   Reply With Quote