Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2022, 12:04 PM   #1

Help with electrical problems

Picked up our 2022 37M from warranty work. Drove it to the storage lot and parked it for a few days. Did not really test electronics when we picked it up.

AC does not come on either.

Well, front bunk shade and lights don’t work, bath fan does not work, all main overhead lights in front and bed area do not work. All other lights work. All appliances woek. Makes no difference whether generator is on or off. Tried swapping out fuses and made zero difference. What else should I check for?
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:23 PM   #2

I had a similar problem, it ended up being a bad ground. I attached the https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...rop-83639.html
BIGPAPA1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:35 PM   #3

Did you turn your main battery switch on next to the entry door?

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:36 PM   #4

Yes, and the rest of the items worked like they should when I switched that on or off.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Old 05-15-2022, 07:04 PM   #5

Sounds like the rear ground connection as was mentioned has failed. All those items are grounded above the trailer hitch. The ac uses 12vdc as control wiring. To test pull one of the lights and run a ground wire to the chassis from the neg side of the light. If every thing comes on then you will have to dig for the ground failure location.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:05 PM   #6

Do you have an inverter? If so, it may need to be reset.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:04 PM   #7

Went back to the storage lot. All the grounds checked out OK. I reset the inverter once again. Still nothing, I guess I have to take it back to Camping World. They had to pinch a line or maybe rewired something back together wrong. Super frustrating as it is 1.5 hours each way to Camping World and always puts me behind with work.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:41 PM   #8

What warranty work did they perform?

Old 05-15-2022, 09:19 PM   #9

Slide adjustments, replace driver's side slide metal flashing, replace water pump, replace both valves in refrigerator, replace some trim inside, repair washer dryer, replace window, replace flooring from the slide ripping it up, and a few other items I am sure I am forgetting.

They probably pinched something working on the slides or screwed up wiring/ground. I spent all day trying to figure it out and don't have anymore time. Will see if I can drive it back up there tomorrow.

Really contemplating lemon law action as we have only slept in it two nights and had it in our actual possession for 10 days out of the last 5 months...
Old 05-15-2022, 10:13 PM   #10

I was curious as most of the non working items would be related to wiring in the roof, but doesn’t sound like any roof/ceiling work was done. Most of the wiring in the roof exits out the rear and some out the front.
Attached Thumbnails
EEDAE0B3-0C59-4DC6-B633-68878F32FF96.jpg  

Old 05-16-2022, 07:58 AM   #11

Does this unit have the command center? Does anything on the command center work? ie slides? I don't have one so not very familiar with this but I believe the lights in the slides and over kitchen are not routed through the command center so they would continue to operate even if the command center failed. I think there are a couple of ways to turn things on and I am thinking maybe something bugged out and is frozen. I wonder if you reboot the unit by doing a hard reboot if that will get everything running again. just a thought before you drag the unit to the dealer. there is someone on Facebook Seneca group that is having the exact same issues, their unit started operating after taking the unit for a drive so they must have a loose connection somewhere.

As Rustynuts mentioned all the wiring to over head items runs through the rear cap, except for lights in the slides which come from under the slides.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I was curious as most of the non working items would be related to wiring in the roof, but doesn’t sound like any roof/ceiling work was done. Most of the wiring in the roof exits out the rear and some out the front.
That was my assessment too...

Multiple circuits in the ceiling ... all having a fault.

and knowing how the primates are wiring the finishing touches in the most corrosive location...
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:23 PM   #13

After spending all day Sunday troubleshooting, I drove it back to Camping World today. They were convinced that it was going to be something simple... When I arrived the service manager was there with two techs, they told me to wait around as they would quickly have it repaired. It was almost like they wanted to prove that it was my fault it was not working. Well, an hour later they could not find the easy fix. Told me to go get some lunch, 4 hours later they were pulling the ceiling panels off... They said something about a repeater not working or something like that. I was not really listening as I was completely frustrated with my luck on this rig.

We left the rig there, another wasted day as it is 2 hours each way up there and $80 in tolls.
Old 05-17-2022, 12:34 PM   #14

Sorry about all the pain that you are experiencing on your unit. Hopefully they find and resolve the issue quickly so you can get out there and enjoy it
Old 05-20-2022, 10:17 AM   #15

Well, after tearing apart the ceiling and still not finding the problem, they called Jayco. Jayco referred them back to the rear grounds above the hitch. I checked those myself and they appeared to be OK. However, after pulling all of them off, Camping World found that one was corroded. That fixed it... I am going to run my own ground system back there like BIGPAPPA1970 did.

Now the problem is, I can't pick it up because we are supposed to get 8-12" of snow!
Old 05-20-2022, 01:05 PM   #16

Great news! This forum will serve you very well Rusty,RVermont,Slopoke and many others have been wonderful. It’s too bad that what they put out from the factory isn’t the best. Once you work out the bugs it becomes a lot more enjoyable! Then you will only be fixing the things your family breaks!!
BIGPAPA1970 is offline   Reply With Quote