Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2020, 06:27 AM   #1

Herr Frameless Windows not closing?

We have a Seneca 36FK and I just recently noticed that I have not one, but two windows that will not close completely. It is as if, the screw closure will not tighten all the way down. Cannot seem to figure out how to adjust this closure system.

Anyone had this issue? And if so, what was your fix? Thanks.
Fullcount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:24 AM   #2

That's a hard one to answer without being right there to look closely. I would look carefully at the weather stripping, the mechanism parts and the tracks to be sure there is nothing interfering with anything. If those are double side by side windows, also check the be sure the vertical gap between the two glass panes is sufficient all the way between the panes.
You could also look at the windows that work well to compare for anything you can notice.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:01 AM   #3
CAG

What he said. Check the connection/seal point around the window for obstructions.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:29 AM   #4

From what I can tell, there are no obstructions. One of the windows is a double window, the other is the single window over the kitchen. Everything seems to be in a track.

I can open and close them, they just do not close tight to the seal. When I spin the knob to close, the window closes, but it does not bottom out and pull tight.
I am worried that if I drive in the rain, that water would enter the unit. It is only an 1/8 of an inch gap, but enough to allow driving rain to enter.

I will post some pictures later on today.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:24 AM   #5

Problem Solved / Issue Identified

I feel a bit sheepish as when I went back to look again, I found the issues on both windows. I guess the previous posters prompted me to take a second look. Thanks for your help.

Kitchen Window: The screw in the handle had backed out. So stupid not to check this first. That has been fixed.

Dining Room Window (dual window): This was a different issue. I did not notice at first, but this window is an insulated panel. The main body of the window is pulling flush to the coach, but the outside pane is separating when I apply torque to the spinner handle. This pane will have to be replaced.

Going to try and load pictures for those who may have a similar issue in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
KitchenWindow.jpg   DineWindow.jpg