Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2022, 08:39 AM   #1

Hooking up Dish receiver

Hooking my dish receiver to my winegard road trip T4, couple questions, doesn't tell you but i am assuming receiver to tv you would use hdmi cable?

but the coax cables that run down to the lnb1 & lnb2 panel, do you hook up coax cable to lnb1 for 1st receiver & lnb2 for 2nd receiver ? other articles i have read it say that the primary or 1st receiver the cable is gray and secondary is white, and i am wandering if jayco wired them that way, may be remove panel to check
01 mixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 mixson View Post
Hooking my dish receiver to my winegard road trip T4, couple questions, doesn't tell you but i am assuming receiver to tv you would use hdmi cable?

but the coax cables that run down to the lnb1 & lnb2 panel, do you hook up coax cable to lnb1 for 1st receiver & lnb2 for 2nd receiver ? other articles i have read it say that the primary or 1st receiver the cable is gray and secondary is white, and i am wandering if jayco wired them that way, may be remove panel to check
If you haven’t changed the DIP switches up under the dome top of the T4, you first need to do that as by default, they are set up for Direct. On mine, I have the 4x4 matrix box, not sure if they are still using that. On mine, I ran the HDMI cable from the Dish receiver to the Satellite HDMi Jack on the 4x4 matrix box. Here is a picture of mine, gray cable is connected to LNB1 and white to LNB2 BUT, that doesn’t mean yours are connected correct, many reports of cables being hooked up wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
164DB715-846C-4BA0-AA31-C35A69B3B022.jpg   6BD50157-3707-440C-A594-1D7016682F82.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:54 AM   #3

dish hook up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
If you haven’t changed the DIP switches up under the dome top of the T4, you first need to do that as by default, they are set up for Direct. On mine, I have the 4x4 matrix box, not sure if they are still using that. On mine, I ran the HDMI cable from the Dish receiver to the Satellite HDMi Jack on the 4x4 matrix box. Here is a picture of mine, gray cable is connected to LNB1 and white to LNB2 BUT, that doesn’t mean yours are connected correct, many reports of cables being hooked up wrong.
I have the matrix box also, what they show is running hdmi cable from Dish receiver to tv, you hooked it that you come from Dish receiver to the satellite HDMI jack on matrix box, if yours works that's good enough for me Thanks
Old 03-02-2022, 11:43 AM   #4

Quote:
I have the matrix box also, what they show is running hdmi cable from Dish receiver to tv, you hooked it that you come from Dish receiver to the satellite HDMI jack on matrix box, if yours works that's good enough for me Thanks

If you hook the HDMI cable to the Matrix Box then you can distribute the DISH signal to any TV through the box selection. If you hook the HDMI cable from the DISH receiver direct to the TV, none of the other TV will get the DISH signal.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:53 AM   #5

dish hook up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
If you hook the HDMI cable to the Matrix Box then you can distribute the DISH signal to any TV through the box selection. If you hook the HDMI cable from the DISH receiver direct to the TV, none of the other TV will get the DISH signal.
Wow thats awesome, can you tell me how to distribute the signal to all tvs i only have one information sheet on this box, and it doesn't give me that.
Old 03-03-2022, 09:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Wow thats awesome, can you tell me how to distribute the signal to all tvs i only have one information sheet on this box, and it doesn't give me that.
Also on the back of my matrix box i only have hdmi out and input nothing that says satellite hdmi
Old 03-03-2022, 12:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Also on the back of my matrix box i only have hdmi out and input nothing that says satellite hdmi
Ok, well I was going by memory which fails me once in a while I will be working on mine and I will get a pic of the hookup.