Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2022, 01:26 PM   #1

How I fixed my leaking fresh water tank

I have a 2021 Jayco Seneca 37ts.

I noticed a water leak in the right hand side, second to aft-most storage bay. This bay is plastic lined, no carpet, but I had all my BBQ stuff stored here. All my wood pellets got ruined, and my blackstone griddle needs some TLC. This is the bay where you can see the fresh water tank hidden behind a wood/carpet panel.

When I removed the panel, I could see that water was leaking from one of the probes that lets you know how much water you have in the tank. Thank goodness this was fresh water. It was leaking from the friction-weld joint. There was no easy way, in my estimation, to just replace the probe, the leak would have persisted.

I found a product on Amazon, but is probably available elsewhere: "Poly Welder Pro 200 Watt Plastic Repair Kit" Basically looks like a super sized soldering iron. Comes with a bunch of poly sticks. You heat up the tank plastic a bit together with the poly stick, it all melts, you push it around a little. Kinda felt like hot glue.

It worked, I filled up the water tank to the point that water comes out the overflow, and then drove for about 500 miles, did not leak one drop.

I hope this helps someone having a similar problem.
JohnRLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 02:16 AM   #2

This does help. I have the exact same problem in the exact same bay. I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem. All other bays are dry. Will check this. Thank you.
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRLewis View Post
I have a 2021 Jayco Seneca 37ts.

I found a product on Amazon, but is probably available elsewhere: "Poly Welder Pro 200 Watt Plastic Repair Kit" Basically looks like a super sized soldering iron. Comes with a bunch of poly sticks. You heat up the tank plastic a bit together with the poly stick, it all melts, you push it around a little. Kinda felt like hot glue.

It worked, I filled up the water tank to the point that water comes out the overflow, and then drove for about 500 miles, did not leak one drop.

I hope this helps someone having a similar problem.
Harbor Freight sells the plastic welder... It requires compressed air hookup and works well... I would highly suggest that you practice using it on something else before taking on your water tank.

I used it on a buddy's 5'er to add extra water tanks. We had to repair a couple of threaded bung's that were leaking.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote