Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2021, 07:15 PM   #1

Hydraulic lift left side won't retract

Sorry never had this much problem with my old rv. Stopped for the night I tried to level out the seneca seemed like it was taking a long time turns out the left side went about half way down now they won't go either way. Sorry to be a pain but is there a emergency override . The motor is working it looks like there is Enough fluid the right side is high and tight the left half way.
ibubuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibubuc View Post
Sorry never had this much problem with my old rv. Stopped for the night I tried to level out the seneca seemed like it was taking a long time turns out the left side went about half way down now they won't go either way. Sorry to be a pain but is there a emergency override . The motor is working it looks like there is Enough fluid the right side is high and tight the left half way.
Equalizer system?
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:36 PM   #3

Yes
Old 09-13-2021, 07:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibubuc View Post
Yes
I have the Quadra Bigfoot system on my 2014 so I don't have any first-hand experience with Equalizer. But Equalizer has operation and troubleshooting documents on their website. https://equalizersystems.com/

I do know there is a way that you can override the system using an allen wrench to manually open the solenoid valves to each jack. But I've never done it or seen it done. Maybe just call Equalizer in the AM?
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:48 PM   #5

Not very often, but have had one of the jacks real slow in moving... both up and down.

Every time the issue has cleared on it's own by running the jacks thru two-3 cycles of auto level and auto retract... Give that a try ... then we need to go and troubleshoot after you can share the results of that action. Our jack was the rear/driver
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:43 PM   #6

In right rear bay, where pump is, you will find on tank/pump , 4 solenoids, that have knobs on them. check electrical connections, or for emergency, back them off, left turn, and that should release pressure,you may have to manually lift the stands or pry upward with a bar or hydraulic jack after releasingto get fully retracted to get you home. worse case scenario, undo hydraulic line to release pressure.
Jump in say hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:47 AM   #7

Called the level company they advised me to back out the 4 unfortunately that didn't work so I had to remove the top hydraulic line and manually push them back up. Will worry about it when I get home. I put a strap on them just incase they were to drop down.