Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #1

Installing washer/dryer in Seneca

Has anyone installed a washer dryer in a Seneca on the Freightliner chassis? We're looking at a unit which does not have this and wife wants it. The space is there but don't know if it is pre-plumbed or wired for it.
If so, any estimate on costs?
Thanks,
WorldCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #2

We had the washer/dryer combo installed by the dealer as part of the purchase. I believe that provision for the w/d is in place. Dealer had to cut hole for dryer vent. Be sure to get the vented dryer. The ventless model takes much much longer to dry items and your spouse will be dissatisfied with performance.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #3

I have a 2014 TS which I installed a Splendide combo unit; only spce for a single combination unit in that floorplan. What year and model do you have?

I believe the newer Freightliner-based Senecas are pre-wired and plumbed for laundries, but no hole for vent. I had to bore through the side of my beautiful unit myself. Ouch!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:33 AM   #4

Kurt Kuhl recently posted a video where he installed a combo washer/dryer in his 36FK.

Perry
2012 Rans Seavo Tandem Bicycle
pmdevries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #5

Thanks to all. Perry thanks for posting Kurt's video - gave me a lot of confidence that it can be done. I learned a lot about the Seneca looking at Kurt's other videos.
WorldCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #6

2016 HJ has plumbing & electric, but not exterior vent like we notice on the 2017. We don't have the washer & dryer, because my wife won't share her closet, therefore we go to the laundromat & that is my closet area.

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #7

The vent is only installed if the unit is factory ordered. If ordered after the fact it will need to be installed. The one used by Mr Kuhl looks pretty nice. The rest of the plumbing and electric is ready for use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdevries View Post
Kurt Kuhl recently posted a video where he installed a combo washer/dryer in his 36FK.

Perry
Thanks for posting that! I love his idea for converting the opposing cabinet doors to a single bi-fold door. That was downright clever! It's so simple to do, I wonder why the factory doesn't do it.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #9

I also had combo unit installed in our 2016 TS. Took the 3 drawers and installed them under the bed- 1 on each side and 1 in the middle. Had reduced the king size bed to queen size for extra room in bedroom.
Kerwin1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #10

Did a normal queen work or did you have to use a rv queen? I like the idea of more space around the bed. DW not convinced, she likes as far away from her as possible. Due to height limits. Has any one lowered the platform to get a thicker mattress? Not sure it is possible just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:37 PM   #11

I reduced the RV King (72" X 80") bed in my '14 Seneca to a regular queen (60" X 80") to gain more walk-around room. It is indeed a full-length mattress which is great. Some other Super C units (non-Jayco) only offer the shorter "RV Queen, certainly a point in favor for a Seneca.

As far as lowering the platform I don't think that is practical since the top of the mattress lays on the floor of the slideout. I went with a Camping World Queen innerspring 8" thick mattress which still leaves room for a foam topper and still slide under the wardrobe when we close the slideout. Much more comfortable than the original King foam mattress.

You can see in the attached pictures there now is space on each side of the bed, with the king mattress it filled the space in the slideout. We are very happy with how it turned out, especially when you have to access the laundry.
Attached Thumbnails
Bed closed.jpg   Lift struts installed.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:50 PM   #12

I used regular queen, but radius queen would be better. I put plastic table cloth on end of mattress to help it slide under over hang of closet.
Kerwin1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:37 PM   #13

I just installed one in our 2018.5 37RB. Prep should already be there for water, drain and electrical like ours. Just had to drill hole for vent which Jayco gave me the measurements which I checked about 10 times before I drilled. Worst part was getting it in it home and getting everything connected.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote