Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2021, 09:15 PM   #1

Angry Jack retracting issues

We just purchased a 2021 Jayco Seneca super C and
Have had nothing but problems with our jacks coming up.
We only have 300 miles on it and 3 times we have been able to retract
The jacks with a lot of turning the system on and off,
trying to raise them manually, and even resetting the jacks system and yesterday
(4th time) we couldn’t get them to come up, so had to leave it overnight and wait
For dealership to open. We took the Rig into the dealership we purchased it from
Yesterday and they said “I got them to go down and come up, if you have another
Problem just keep turning it off and on and try again, be patient and they will come up” 😳😳 keep trying🧐🧐 what!!! 😡😡 has anyone else had this problem, if so please help!!!
Old 02-07-2021, 10:16 PM   #2

I had a problem with the Level System reading low voltage unless it was hooked to shore power. After reading multiple posts here I found the infamous tripped breaker on the cab batteries. Are you having any other issues like intermittent steps or Radio issues?
BIGPAPA1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:39 AM   #3

Jack issues

No I haven’t had any trouble yet except this with the jacks, however the steps are very slow to come out and sounds like they are struggling to get enough power to them
Old 02-09-2021, 12:51 AM   #4

I suggest you call Equalizer directly and discuss this issue with them and not your dealer. They are very helpful at dealing with issues. Bigpapa1970 mentioned the breaker on to of the chassis batteries but that changed in 2018.5 with the new S2 chassis and would not apply to your 2021. Since it works intermittently, you may have a bad control panel.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:45 AM   #5

I had an issue in our Precept. Talked to Charles at Equalizer, who pinpointed the problem quickly and sent a new panel. Great folks to work with!
Attached Images

MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:16 PM   #6

I had an issue with my 2020 Seneca with one jack not going down. The control panel was showing excessive slope when, in fact it was level. Talked to Charles at equalizer. Super helpful. Turned out, they had to replace the entire head on the unit. Equalizer super helpful and responsive.
Dchafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #7

It’s a shame Jayco is not that helpful.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:37 PM   #8

Please explain what you mean by cab batteries. Having same issues
Peter Rabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:40 PM   #9

I just purchased a Greyhawk 2021 and first trip out, levelers went down but then, no power to the in cabin key pad. Had to hire a guy to manually raise them, in a snow storm. ��
Peter Rabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rabit View Post
Please explain what you mean by cab batteries. Having same issues
This was an issue on the Seneca Super C’s that are built on the M2 chassis, the chassis batteries are mounted under the cab and they have a main circuit breaker that power certain items like radios and steps that would occasionally trip, causing issues.....this would not pertain to your Greyhawk.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:25 PM   #11

I had that same issue! Thermal 100amp Circuit Breaker Tripped. Relocated the breaker to the battery compartment
Pookieandsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:22 PM   #12

The ones on my 08 will stick from time to time keep them lubed and put them up and down until you get them all up it’s probably binding from the rig shifting somehow
Blackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:32 AM   #13

Same Problem In Our 2021 Greyhawk

I hope I recount this correctly. We had the same issue in our 2021 Greyhawk 27U recently. The jacks would not come up, even when we tried to manually retract them. There was a "low voltage" error on the display but we still appeared to be getting almost 13 volts from the battery. We finally succumbed to calling a mobile repair service. The gentleman opened the battery compartment in our stairs and told us our battery was somewhat low on water and also that the ground wire was loose. He had his multimeter out and was able to show us where the low voltage was. After tightening things up and adding distilled water to the battery everything worked fine. It was an easy fix overall that we will be able to accomplish on our own in the future, if the same problem recurs.
lesrunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:15 PM   #14

Jayco recall

I have a Greyhawk 30Z and received a recall notice regarding a mounting issue.
BDScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rabit View Post
I just purchased a Greyhawk 2021 and first trip out, levelers went down but then, no power to the in cabin key pad. Had to hire a guy to manually raise them, in a snow storm. ��
Our 2020 Greyhawk leveler key pad only powers ON when the ignition key is switched on. I just leave the engine running when lowering or raising the jacks. Only problem we’ve had so far is most of the time it will stop with an “Unable to finish leveling” message. I switch to manual mode and break out a small level and do it myself.

In our experience, the Lippert leveling system is super finicky and not very reliable.
JohnnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:33 PM   #16

I have read only to try it twice then let it sit for 30 min or the system will overheat.
Kikubut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:50 PM   #17

Had the same problem on 2021 Greyhawk first time out and into a rural area, jacks would not retract until I worked on it. This happened many times. I did figure out what worked for me and haven't had a problem since. 1 - don't lift wheels off the ground, 2. RV engine running, 3. assure coach solenoid provides power to the coach, 4. Power on jack panel, 5. Press Retract of Deploy. This should retract or deploy jacks. If not, assure you have a charged coach battery (charge if necessary, I use only fully charged batteries for this process). This was big issue for me. I even bought a 2nd battery to assure I had power. I have had to turn on the generator to recharge coach batteries. If needed, I know quit a bit about these jacks except manual retracting.
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
Had the same problem on 2021 Greyhawk first time out and into a rural area, jacks would not retract until I worked on it. This happened many times. I did figure out what worked for me and haven't had a problem since. 1 - don't lift wheels off the ground, 2. RV engine running, 3. assure coach solenoid provides power to the coach, 4. Power on jack panel, 5. Press Retract of Deploy. This should retract or deploy jacks. If not, assure you have a charged coach battery (charge if necessary, I use only fully charged batteries for this process). This was big issue for me. I even bought a 2nd battery to assure I had power. I have had to turn on the generator to recharge coach batteries. If needed, I know quit a bit about these jacks except manual retracting.

"don't lift wheels off the ground"... Not sure how to control that when autoleveling sometimes does this to get it level. It does this when parked at home with no problem. If the ground is a bit sloped, it's likely a wheel or two will lift off the ground. Did you find a way around that?
JohnnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #19

Yes, I'll cover my full process. 1. Auto leveling if tires don't lift off the ground. 2. Manually operate jacks, this is not hard after you do it a couple times. Manually raise RV to a height that is acceptable, my not be level. Jack display panel does show side to side and front to back angulation. 3. Drive RV into ramp, I use those lego blocks. Put additional blocks under jack location. Auto and manually lower jacks, I use manual operation, you have more control to not lift tires off the ramp. Also when driving onto ramp with rear tires it's a good idea to have ramps for all four tires.
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco, seneca, super c