Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2021, 11:50 PM   #1

Jayco back at Jayco

So my Seneca went back for some warranty work, arrived on Sunday and they have not done what they said they would do. The first thing was for the 2 service guys along with the director was to call and discuss what their approach would be and to go over the issues. Well that hasn't happened. I called, sent an email and called again with no answer to either. This is unreal and total lack of service in my opinion especially after paying their service to drive the coach to them....I live quite a distance from Indiana. Anyone else been back and experienced this??
Pmcmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:14 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Well, personally, if your Jayco is back at Jayco, i would not rush it..... it's in the best hands possible. Hey folks, theres a Pandemic out there, so things have slowed down.... it's no longer instant gratification in todays world. I had a trailer go back there some years ago, and believe me, when i got it back, it was perfect. So, i'd cut 'em some slack.... but thats just me, thats the way i think
Old 02-25-2021, 06:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
Well, personally, if your Jayco is back at Jayco, i would not rush it..... it's in the best hands possible. Hey folks, theres a Pandemic out there, so things have slowed down....
X-2 and they usually don't contact you until it actually goes into the shop that way nothing gets missed.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:54 AM   #4
Drv

My personal experience with my fathers unit that went back for Factory repairs(few years ago) is that it is the absolutely best place for your unit to be repaired. Sometimes com's drop but they will get picked back up. Its an absolutely frustrating event in general to have your 200k +/- unit in the shop but unfortunately its not uncommon. (doesn't mean its right, just means its our reality)
I have been in communication for my unit to go back late spring for factory repairs and communication has been better then my father experienced. Just be polite and persist and I'm sure they will follow up. Escalate politely if needed. Use email for paper trail just incase someone develops amnesia about a conversation.
Hopefully, it is just a hiccup and they reply promptly!
Drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmcmath View Post
So my Seneca went back for some warranty work, arrived on Sunday and they have not done what they said they would do. The first thing was for the 2 service guys along with the director was to call and discuss what their approach would be and to go over the issues. Well that hasn't happened. I called, sent an email and called again with no answer to either. This is unreal and total lack of service in my opinion especially after paying their service to drive the coach to them....I live quite a distance from Indiana. Anyone else been back and experienced this??
I view the Jayco service center as nothing more than "Just another RV Service department" but with some staff that might have more experience working on the particular model. Based on the feedback of others who have taken their units to the factory service center, it has been a hit-miss situation with a slightly better record.

I have resigned to do all of our repairs ourselves... or thru factory-trained dealers who specialize in the various components that need service (airexcell, Norcold, Girard, Carefree...) They come to us, do the service where we are at and don't deal with the misrepresentation that the dealers provide.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote