Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2021, 07:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
But they are built on the same assembly line Possible that they had already started adding additional bracing on the pump unit by time the Accolades started coming off the line. It would be interesting to see a picture of your pump mount.
Nope. Mine was built before some 2019 Seneca’s with the problem. According to the Jayco rep they are built in the same plant but on a different line.

Also, there is no additional bracing on my pump.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:03 PM   #22

Recall

We recently bought our 2015 Senecaso I registered our unit at Jayco’s website.
Today I was e-mailed that we have a recall on the hydraulic leveling bracket.
Called nearest Jayco dealer. He says “ we have to order recall parts for each unit by VIN. Email us your info and we will order the kit and schedule a date to install.

I asked when is the next available time?

We are booking for May 5th!!!!

I think I will check the mounts are enjoy my travels until then.
Bikejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #23

I am hoping someone can set me straight. I have already taken my 2018 Seneca built on the M2 chassis in to the dealer back when I got the first letter late last year. They kept it for several days and called and told me to come pick it up because they were told by Jayco that mine wasn't one of the ones recalled. I got the letter the next day saying disregard the recall letter. For several reasons, I don't have a lot of confidence in this dealer, due to things I have had happen with them as well as some friends of mine. Anyway, after looking at the service bulletin Bullitt6283 posted, I crawled under mine to take a look. The big IF for me is am I even looking at the right device. The instructions for loosening the exhaust to gain access to the pump doesn't even apply to my unit. The crossover exhaust pipe is well behind my pump. My unit is mounted directly behind the DEF holding tank. It seems really secure and the weld to the frame looks good. Am I even looking at the right part? Thanks in advance.
https://ibb.co/VYP1Zhq
https://ibb.co/7vK0dvk
https://ibb.co/yks9Sq3
https://ibb.co/gTmXhsq
chfraser01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfraser01 View Post
I am hoping someone can set me straight. I have already taken my 2018 Seneca built on the M2 chassis in to the dealer back when I got the first letter late last year. They kept it for several days and called and told me to come pick it up because they were told by Jayco that mine wasn't one of the ones recalled. I got the letter the next day saying disregard the recall letter. For several reasons, I don't have a lot of confidence in this dealer, due to things I have had happen with them as well as some friends of mine. Anyway, after looking at the service bulletin Bullitt6283 posted, I crawled under mine to take a look. The big IF for me is am I even looking at the right device. The instructions for loosening the exhaust to gain access to the pump doesn't even apply to my unit. The crossover exhaust pipe is well behind my pump. My unit is mounted directly behind the DEF holding tank. It seems really secure and the weld to the frame looks good. Am I even looking at the right part? Thanks in advance.
https://ibb.co/VYP1Zhq
https://ibb.co/7vK0dvk
https://ibb.co/yks9Sq3
https://ibb.co/gTmXhsq
No your not looking at the correct part, what you are looking at is all part of the DEF system. I believe it’s the heater.
Here is what your looking for. And yes mine is leaking, going in for replacement when they do the recall
Attached Thumbnails
395FC64A-56F6-4A2A-B84C-C0111205651A.jpg  
Old 03-12-2021, 10:32 AM   #25

I found a couple of Seneca bracket pictures. One is welded at the bottom, one is not.
Attached Thumbnails
SENECA.jpg   SENECA2.jpg  
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:37 PM   #26

Has any Seneca owner involved in the bracket recall been able to get theirs fixed. The dealer that is suppose to do mine ordered the parts 2 weeks ago and has nothing. Called the dealer today and service manager said Jayco does not have the part and he could not get an ETA. Hope he is not putting me off, since I did not purchase from him, and using the parts for his purchase customers.
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:41 PM   #27

Not knowing when I can get in to a a Jayco service center to get the recall performed, I created my own bracket to reinforce the hydraulic pump bracket. I attached the bracket under the pump using existing bolts and then attached to existing support bolt holes on the frame.
It feels very solid and should reinforce the pump bracket until I someday get to a service center.
Attached Thumbnails
B84E65D3-FA46-4A9B-AE6E-6237E0397419.jpg   26BEA08B-E6EE-415E-B7E3-88AF23639659.jpg   A8F756AF-6F01-4EE2-8BA8-A3D509752A3E.jpg  
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:19 PM   #28

Got a call today from the Jayco dealer that is going to do the recall fix and was told the parts have come in and I am scheduled to bring it in on April 1. Sure hope it's not an April Fools joke.
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Not knowing when I can get in to a a Jayco service center to get the recall performed, I created my own bracket to reinforce the hydraulic pump bracket. I attached the bracket under the pump using existing bolts and then attached to existing support bolt holes on the frame.
It feels very solid and should reinforce the pump bracket until I someday get to a service center.
Is that touching the Air tank? That looks like a better solution than Jayco could ever engineer?
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Is that touching the Air tank? That looks like a better solution than Jayco could ever engineer?
Looking at Jaycos fix, I am not impressed, while the bolt on bracket definitely reinforces the mounting point to the frame, you still have the weight of the pump suspended out on the metal channel mount. IMO they should have carried the legs that bolt to the side of the channel out to the end for full support. It’s an improvement but why not do it right.
Attached Thumbnails
F33FA5A8-EE37-4F1D-B8C2-05309468B2B2.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:42 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyeng View Post
Anyone else receive the safety recall for 2017-2020 Senecas concerning the previously recall and the cancellation on the supporting structure for the hydraulic leveling system pump and reservoir. Which is it?
Is it going to stay on or fall off, Jayco?
My current notice is HiHF0066 from Jayco, which is the same safety recall 20V-796. This is my 3rd notice (2nd was to disregard). Scheduled install next month from dealership, told me Jayco had the part kits in stock and would confirm once received.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:15 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbhugger View Post
My current notice is HiHF0066 from Jayco, which is the same safety recall 20V-796. This is my 3rd notice (2nd was to disregard). Scheduled install next month from dealership, told me Jayco had the part kits in stock and would confirm once received.

The "HiHF0066" number on your recall notice is YOUR chassis identification number. If you look on your yellow sticker in the drivers door jam, you will see this number referenced in parenthesis after your VIN number. The 20V-796 is the actual recall number.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:04 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
The air tank is resting on the support. There is no movement in the support even with me pulling myself up on the bar.
I’m thinking I may like my solution better than the one in Brian’s photo.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:42 PM   #34

Yes, could you show me pictures of what you did to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Damian Neeld
2018 Seneca HJ
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:01 AM   #35

I got the recall letter and took my Seneca (2018) to the Dealer who installed a temporary bracket until they get the Factory designed fix. That was several months ago and haven't heard from them since. I may just build my own bracket.
miles ahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 03:53 PM   #36

Here are two pictures of my fix-need to wire brush it and paint it with undercoating.. I’m having trouble attaching them to this thread-olease send me your cell number & I’ll attach them to a text back to you.
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 04:59 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bill View Post
Here are two pictures of my fix-need to wire brush it and paint it with undercoating.. I’m having trouble attaching them to this thread-olease send me your cell number & I’ll attach them to a text back to you.
We all want to see your photos.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bill View Post
Email them to me and I'll post them. Bullitt6283@gmail.com
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 05:10 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
We all want to see your photos.

Ideas might be similar but his is on a class C which is not exactly the same as our Super C Freightliner frame.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:50 AM   #40

Jayco Hydraulic Pump Recall 20V-780

The dealer installed the pump recall on my 2020 Greyhawk 26Y this past week.
This is after Jayco told me that my unit was not on the recall list and I installed a fix.

Attached are some pictures.
I removed my fix... so that I would not have warranty issues.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post918505

Looks like they cut off the previous mount at the bottom of the frame and installed a bracket that straddles the frame.

The recall fix seems robust even though it is still cantilevered. Probably not as good as mine but this one looks acceptable and is under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20210330_151708056.jpg   PXL_20210330_151737949.jpg  

don_kleinschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote