Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2022, 03:37 PM   #1

Post Jayco Seneca 2021 37K headlight replacement

Interested to see if anyone else has replaced their stock headlights, with newer LED versions. I have a '21 37K (on S2RV chassis). Headlights are pretty useless at night, and I like things bright. I'm seeing "M1" type options offered ranging between $350~$1000+. Quite a spread. Anyone done this or have recommendation of model type & manufacturer they used?

Tim C
Kirkland, WA
2021 Seneca 37K
...towing a 2022 Jeep 4xe
T-CURR503&425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 03:50 PM   #2

Not sure how to get you to the exact thread but if you google "LED Seneca Head Lights Replacements Rvermont". you will get the thread where this is discussed. I replace mine on the m2 chassis which for this purpose should be the same at the s2rv. These are so much better then the existing units, you can actually drive at night and enjoy the experience compared to OEM lights.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 03:51 PM   #3

I have. 2021 with the S2RV chassis. Got them on Amazon.

I did just the drive lights to see if I liked them. I did, HUGE difference. Pretty recent, so I don't know how long they'll last over time, but they are much brighter and easier to see when driving.

I did a different brand for the brights, solely because STRAIGHT ends fit better and the first set I bought for the low beams were right-angle connections. Stay away from right angle connections with the S2RV, you can't get both sets to fit.

Installation is easy and takes minutes. You only have to open the hood and remove the plastic snap rain-proof cover behind the bulbs. No tools necessary, the bulbs twist in/out, and the wire connection snaps on and off.
EricM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM22 View Post
I have. 2021 with the S2RV chassis. Got them on Amazon.

I did just the drive lights to see if I liked them. I did, HUGE difference. Pretty recent, so I don't know how long they'll last over time, but they are much brighter and easier to see when driving.

I did a different brand for the brights, solely because STRAIGHT ends fit better and the first set I bought for the low beams were right-angle connections. Stay away from right angle connections with the S2RV, you can't get both sets to fit.

Installation is easy and takes minutes. You only have to open the hood and remove the plastic snap rain-proof cover behind the bulbs. No tools necessary, the bulbs twist in/out, and the wire connection snaps on and off.
Do you have a link to the Amazon item or brand name? Thanks!
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:18 PM   #5

This is for the high-beams. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
EricM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:15 PM   #6
Site Team

Here's a couple of threads on the headlights.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...nts-79601.html

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ade-71695.html

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:06 PM   #7

Here is another detailed thread that covers replacement bulbs to the OEM LED replacements. I started with the Opt7 like Robert did and while they are better, the housings are not designed to properly project the beams. IF you do much night driving, the OEM Freightliner/Trucklite are well worth the money . Just beware that there are already Chinese knockoffs that are almost as expensive as the OEM ones.

Part numbers for the OEM ones are in this thread.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ght-44852.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:37 AM   #8

Thanks for the responses all. Just responding to this msg as its last in thread. And I will go review the other thread(s), as well.

However, looks like there are 2 routes to investigate:
1. Bulb element replacement
2. Entire housings (which includes bulbs)
I was originally leaning toward full housings, although more expensive. Rustynuts's comment about the housings projecting the brights makes me think that is an issue worth further investigation.
Thx,
Old 03-10-2022, 06:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CURR503&425 View Post
Thanks for the responses all. Just responding to this msg as its last in thread. And I will go review the other thread(s), as well.

However, looks like there are 2 routes to investigate:
1. Bulb element replacement
2. Entire housings (which includes bulbs)
I was originally leaning toward full housings, although more expensive. Rustynuts's comment about the housings projecting the brights makes me think that is an issue worth further investigation.
Thx,
I tried brighter halogen bulbs (think Silverstars), then HIR (halogen infrared radiation) bulbs, then OPT7 LED bulbs. Then I finally went with the Freightliner full LED assemblies. No comparison at all, the Freightliner assemblies blew everything else away. We travel frequently at night and now I can actually see down the road. Sharp cutoff to prevent blinding other drivers too.

But be careful, it has come to our attention that there might be someone out there offering "knock-offs" of the Freightliner version. Whether they would work as well or last long is anyone's guess.
Attached Thumbnails
20200717_145938.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 03:08 PM   #10

Thank you all for the input. I'm going to chase down the new Freightliner replacement housings w/LED. Appreciate all the part numbers, etc. Now, if I could just get the local Freightliner Shop's parts department to answer the phone, I can seen how far back ordered they are! Amazon appearse to be in perpetual "Out of Stock" state on them as well.

Cheers!

Tags
headlights, replacement, seneca