Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-29-2021, 01:26 PM   #21

Jayco gave me a new manifold for my wet bay, it started leaking, in fact, they sent me 2!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 01:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
And the work can be done at almost any dealership across North America within a few days (most dealerships will squeeze you in if it's an emergency). trying to get some Jayco dealer 1000 miles from home to do any warranty work (if they will see your unit at all) is highly unlikely in the majority of situations.
Absolutely correct.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:48 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
And the work can be done at almost any dealership across North America within a few days (most dealerships will squeeze you in if it's an emergency). trying to get some Jayco dealer 1000 miles from home to do any warranty work (if they will see your unit at all) is highly unlikely in the majority of situations.
That's been my experience for years. And they're JERKS (forum language) about it. The local dealer always makes the service appointment for several weeks out. When I call to confirm it several days before, they apologize that I'm not in the system, and they don't know what happened. The first time that happened I showed up with my TT and was turned away. I didn't choke them, but I wanted to. Now it's just a game.

As info, I didn't buy my Greyhawk from them because their final offer was $10k more than I actually paid for it.

So, the next closest dealer told me he didn't want warranty business because it doesn't pay. I appreciate his honesty.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 03:39 PM   #24

Same crappy experience here. I have a 22 37M and no dealer within 180 miles one way. Asked for help from Jayco in that these are all small warranty repairs that I could do myself and they told me no. I ended up getting an appointment with CW and when I arrived they told me they would only fix 5 items on my list so I left and will never go there again. This was a 400 mile round trip and a day off work to get this kind of service and was never told that when I made the appointment. Once again called I Jayco and they were still not nice (The gentleman I spoke with literally yelled at me and would not let me get a word in otherwise) and they want me to take it to a dealer 325 miles away (one way). They claim they do not own the shops and have no control over them and I totally understand that but why would they want to be represented by a dealer that won't take care of the product they sell even if we are willing to wait our turn? I have gave up fighting with them and will just deal with the inferior workmanship that should not have been overlooked at the factory. Splintered wood, mud flaps falling off, gaps in the floor, blinds missing end pieces, cracked fiberglass drivers side step, wires hanging to the ground on the underneath, a small dent that pokes out on the passenger door and on and on. All of these items are not a big deal other than the steps and that I will pursue and pay for it on my own (Hopefully I will be reimbursed in that I have sent in the paperwork from the bid) I was told I would be reimbursed on an alignment and still have not seen that check, so who knows. For the money I feel the Seneca is a very nice unit and we are very excited to own it, just wish that the customer service was as nice as the product that they sell. I know some folks will bash the unit but we really do like it and are very happy to be a part of the Jayco family. Customer Service just needs to step up to the plate and make sure that the customer is happy with their purchase!!
Utrzrdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 04:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Our friends purchased a Keystone Montana, and have NO Problems getting repair parts and support documentation on their RV's Even on Warranty!

This is published on the Keystone Website:

MAKING SIMPLE REPAIRS FASTER & EASIER
Keystone's do-it-yourself repair program and video library allows an owner, whose Keystone unit is within the terms of limited warranty, the opportunity to obtain materials in order to repair simple warranty items yourself and perhaps reduce the time and inconvenience associated with taking your unit to a dealer.

Some easy fixes that you may be able to complete yourself include repairs to blinds & shades, trim, cabinet doors, 12V lights, 12V light switches, door locks, door catches, graphics, gas struts, window handles & screens, fender skirts, seam tapes/wraps, stove & sink covers, shower heads/hoses, and vent covers. We've provided a library of how-to videos on this website to help you

I sure would like to get replacement parts for our Seneca... Instead of the standard response "take it to a dealer"
I have been following this debate.
The problem I have is dealership won't work with me. I'll gladly pay for the little parts etc. But sell it to me!
I can't even get any information from them. I needed the color code (which color wire does what) for the seven pin trailer connector or where in the pin box the connections were made. i finally, after many attempts got them to tell me tell me the color code, but do you think they would tell me where the connections are.
I found the information from a Jayco forum post dated in 2016 for a Northpoint 5r
Not the dealer, God forbid they help.
Rick Finke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 07:44 PM   #26

My dealership is 5hrs away and i have purchased 2 trailers from them.
All warranty work (by my request) has been done by myself and parts shipped UPS.

They were so accommodating they would give me their account # so i could send the broken parts back.
This was mandatory so they could get reimbursed from Jayco.
When my microwave died all i had to do was cut the cord off and send a pic. A new one showed up at my door a month later.

This arrangement works for me so i dont have to tow for 5hrs to get something fixed.
Stever71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 07:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stever71 View Post
My dealership is 5hrs away and i have purchased 2 trailers from them.

All warranty work (by my request) has been done by myself and parts shipped UPS.

They were so accommodating they would give me their account # so i could send the broken parts back.

This was mandatory so they could get reimbursed from Jayco.

When my microwave died all i had to do was cut the cord off and send a pic. A new one showed up at my door a month later.

This arrangement works for me so i dont have to tow for 5hrs to get something fixed.
That's the dealer taking care of you, not Jayco. I asked my dealer to do that for me but he insisted I bring the trailer in just to replace some ceiling lights. I won't buy from him again.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Old 12-29-2021, 08:42 PM   #28

My experience with Jayco on our 2018 Greyhawk has been pretty positive, both at the dealership and with Jayco Corporate Customer Service (powered division).

Early on we had some cosmetic issues with the "Quick Dissolving MDF-based countertops. Jayco replaced every single part under warranty and was perfectly fine with me doing the work. This also allowed me to go the extra mile with marine finishes on the edges and underside and butyl rubber for installation.

Some issues which were component items were handled by Lippert with parts shipped to my home in mere days, free.

Just a side note. Adjusting the Helwig helper springs to Helwig's specs made a huge difference in ride and handling. Jayco was only off by 2.5 inches. Easy job, about 90 minutes once I borrowed a 30" breaker bar and a 3 foot piece of pipe to break the jam nuts loose.
Mzellers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:05 PM   #29

My issue with Jayco warranty or my dealer in So. Cal.
I make an appointment, telling them my issues both big and small.
Make the appointment 3 months out. Take our Pinnacle there, fill out all the paperwork, perform the walk around etc. 3 or 4 weeks later they have finally look at our unit and now we have to wait for Jayco's approval for repairs, even though they are plain to see warranty issues. Once we get approval then we make another appointment to have the issues repaired, only to have it sit in their lot waiting for parts. Once the parts get there it takes less than a day to perform repairs and they want it picked up immediately, or they are going to charge storage fees. I brought this up with their corporate service manager and his response was maybe I should just take care of the issue myself.
IT THIS ANY WAY TO MAKE A 100K Customer happy. Never purchasing from this dealer again. Fortunately, I can do most of the repairs myself, BUT shouldn't have to.
Rick Finke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:21 PM   #30

When my 5er was new and in warranty (2014-2016) I did have pretty good luck getting them to send parts and let me repair myself. I had to argue with them some and let them know my unit had already been sitting at the dealer's lot for over 2 months and hadn't even been looked at yet (which it had). After I got the initial parts for repairs they were fairly gracious about sending me parts the rest of my warranty. I was always told it was a "one time courtesy." However, I was able to get it for the rest of my warranty period.

They always wanted to tell me they had the best warranty in the business, which at the time was the longest. I always responded the warranty is useless if it takes months just to get the unit looked at much less repaired and I can't use it. The same if I had to buy my own parts and repair it myself under warranty. That's usually when they'd offer to send the parts.

I also passed along to them during those conversations the warranty repairs were usually not worth it because I would always have to redo their repair when I got it back anyway. So, if they wanted to do that, they needed to do more checking on warranty repairs by their dealers.

Yes, not everyone should or can do all repairs themselves and relies upon people knowing their limits. But there are many items that the end user could do themselves without issue.

I've heard they're not that great about it anymore, which doesn't surprise me since they've been bought out. Obviously, YMMV and I wouldn't count on much. We can all hope though.

Tim
Flyingaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:08 AM   #31

I have had very good Jayco customer experiences so far. Any issue I have had I contact them and they tell me to contact the manufacturer. I have done this for my dometic fridge, handle broke, they sent me a new one no problem. The toilet round rubber seal started leaking, this they wanted me to go to a dealer! I said no way! It's a 2 minute fix no tools needed, they sent me a new one. Jayco has been great with my recliner heat pad that keeps not working. They are now sending me the 3rd one. Although these are easy fixes, they are under warranty and there has been no problem with me do the repairs myself.
I had a small water leak from p-trap under shower, I got new parts for $12 and fixed it myself rather than have them tell me to take it to the dealer (which I am sure they would for this kind of fix).

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:03 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Our friends purchased a Keystone Montana, and have NO Problems getting repair parts and support documentation on their RV's Even on Warranty!

This is published on the Keystone Website:

MAKING SIMPLE REPAIRS FASTER & EASIER
Keystone's do-it-yourself repair program and video library allows an owner, whose Keystone unit is within the terms of limited warranty, the opportunity to obtain materials in order to repair simple warranty items yourself and perhaps reduce the time and inconvenience associated with taking your unit to a dealer.

Some easy fixes that you may be able to complete yourself include repairs to blinds & shades, trim, cabinet doors, 12V lights, 12V light switches, door locks, door catches, graphics, gas struts, window handles & screens, fender skirts, seam tapes/wraps, stove & sink covers, shower heads/hoses, and vent covers. We've provided a library of how-to videos on this website to help you

I sure would like to get replacement parts for our Seneca... Instead of the standard response "take it to a dealer"
In my motorhome the water pump went out and the dealer gave me a new one and they sent the old one back to Jayco. I then bought a Thor motorhome and Thor sent me anything I need for repairs. I got a solar controller, missing plugs in my storage compartments, Compartment light, keys, a new drivers window, remote control for the dash screen/radio, remote control for the tv sound bar, bed comforter, that's all I can think of now
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:54 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Finke View Post
I have been following this debate.
The problem I have is dealership won't work with me. I'll gladly pay for the little parts etc. But sell it to me!
I can't even get any information from them. I needed the color code (which color wire does what) for the seven pin trailer connector or where in the pin box the connections were made. i finally, after many attempts got them to tell me tell me the color code, but do you think they would tell me where the connections are.
I found the information from a Jayco forum post dated in 2016 for a Northpoint 5r
Not the dealer, God forbid they help.
Struggling with this sort of problem from both Jayco and my dealership. The Forum has been indispensable!
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:56 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Finke View Post
My issue with Jayco warranty or my dealer in So. Cal.
I make an appointment, telling them my issues both big and small.
Make the appointment 3 months out. Take our Pinnacle there, fill out all the paperwork, perform the walk around etc. 3 or 4 weeks later they have finally look at our unit and now we have to wait for Jayco's approval for repairs, even though they are plain to see warranty issues. Once we get approval then we make another appointment to have the issues repaired, only to have it sit in their lot waiting for parts. Once the parts get there it takes less than a day to perform repairs and they want it picked up immediately, or they are going to charge storage fees. I brought this up with their corporate service manager and his response was maybe I should just take care of the issue myself.
IT THIS ANY WAY TO MAKE A 100K Customer happy. Never purchasing from this dealer again. Fortunately, I can do most of the repairs myself, BUT shouldn't have to.
Feeling the same way in So Cal.
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 03:41 PM   #35

Self repair will get the warranty voided very quick.
Old 01-29-2022, 05:15 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16WhiteColly View Post
Self repair will get the warranty voided very quick.
Well... if it does, I'm not really out anything because of it.

Facing the thought of taking my Seneca to a dealer to get Warranty repair for something - and the dealer keeping my Seneca for 3 months sitting unprotected with the batteries left for dead, poop left in the toilet - costs me more $,$$$.00 than the warranty saves me.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 05:30 PM   #37

It was like when cw put a new water tank in my motorhome but I think they just fixed the leak I found instead. The next day it was supposed to freeze so I re winterized and removed the water in the tank but I wasn't able to test it. I have to wait till spring now
Old 01-29-2022, 05:59 PM   #38

My dealer does not keep the rig while it is waiting parts. I take it home. My problem is after the dealer verified the issues they took 2.5 months, yes 75 days, before they requested authorization to repair and order parts. It then took Jayco a month to ship the parts.

I take my Accolade in on Monday afternoon for a in shop date Tuesday and estimated one week turn around time.

Jayco gave the dealer a repair no later than Feb 19 date since my warranty expired on October 3.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 09:07 AM   #39

When I bought my TT, I had my mind made up, it was not going back for service and be tied up for 8-10 months. I had a bad rusted jack that broke on the first time out, a blade valve that started leaking on the second trip, and lost the cover off the porch light. I bought all the parts, not 1 jack, a set of 4 along with the other parts, replaced them myself, then dealt with the GM of the dealership and he got me full reimbursement for the parts only, no labor. That made me happy.
Old 01-30-2022, 09:21 AM   #40

I don't understand how these companies are getting away with tying up equipment for such a long time. I was in the boat repair business for many years and we worked very hard to get customers out with a quick turnaround. If we didn't, we weren't going to be there very long. These days, boat dealers are getting to be the same as RVs. I don't understand why they get away with it. The only delays we had were due to part backorders. Normally I didn't keep anything for more than a few days.

On my own equipment I don't mind doing the labor if the dealer will just get me the parts under warranty but even that seems to be a problem for most of them. I don't see why that is unless it's a safety issue like propane or high volt electricity. Poor service has become acceptable for some reason.

Jayflight 34RSBS