Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2022, 08:41 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stever71 View Post
My dealership is 5hrs away and i have purchased 2 trailers from them.
All warranty work (by my request) has been done by myself and parts shipped UPS.

They were so accommodating they would give me their account # so i could send the broken parts back.
This was mandatory so they could get reimbursed from Jayco.
When my microwave died all i had to do was cut the cord off and send a pic. A new one showed up at my door a month later.

This arrangement works for me so i dont have to tow for 5hrs to get something fixed.

Did you buy from Sicard? We just got home to Kingston with a brand new Precept we bought from them. Found some issues that we didn't notice before we picked it up - hoping they'll be accommodating so I don't have to make the trip back out there and wait forever to get things fixed.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:18 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by demsullivan View Post
Did you buy from Sicard? We just got home to Kingston with a brand new Precept we bought from them. Found some issues that we didn't notice before we picked it up - hoping they'll be accommodating so I don't have to make the trip back out there and wait forever to get things fixed.
Good guess! Yes Sicards
Stever71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:32 AM   #43

5 hours from Kingston seemed about right

I'd prefer to do my own warranty repairs, but this is also my first RV so I'm hesitant about messing something up. I come from a technical background and I usually get the hang of things pretty quickly, so I'm cautiously optimistic I can handle it. But still, we just got our rig home this week, and starting to pull things apart for troubleshooting and repairs is a bit daunting.

Who did you deal with at Sicard? Hoping they'll help me out the same way they did for you. The sales guy we dealt with wasn't particularly helpful, but everyone else was great.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:00 PM   #44

Quote:
5 hours from Kingston seemed about right

I'd prefer to do my own warranty repairs, but this is also my first RV so I'm hesitant about messing something up. I come from a technical background and I usually get the hang of things pretty quickly, so I'm cautiously optimistic I can handle it. But still, we just got our rig home this week, and starting to pull things apart for troubleshooting and repairs is a bit daunting.

Who did you deal with at Sicard? Hoping they'll help me out the same way they did for you. The sales guy we dealt with wasn't particularly helpful, but everyone else was great.
For sales i dealt with Kary Sehl. My contact with her was over the phone. Both trailers were bought sight unseen as they were brand new and i felt confident with Sicards reputation.
The last service interaction, my claim was handled by Sandra Fusato. Before that was a guy. I can't find my emails going back that far to give you a name.
I imagine though he is probably one of 3 people that work in the service dept.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:12 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stever71 View Post
For sales i dealt with Kary Sehl. My contact with her was over the phone. Both trailers were bought sight unseen as they were brand new and i felt confident with Sicards reputation.
The last service interaction, my claim was handled by Sandra Fusato. Before that was a guy. I can't find my emails going back that far to give you a name.
I imagine though he is probably one of 3 people that work in the service dept.

Wow, sight unseen! We drove out just to take a look at our unit to actually see it in person before committing but we knew going in which unit we were specifically interested in. Really glad you hear you've had great interactions with them - that puts my mind at ease.

I plan to spend some time this weekend taking a closer look at the few issues that popped up. Misaligned screen door, dead dash radio, loose water heater door, wheel well panel that isn't screwed in. That's all that has popped up so far.

Anyway - thanks a bunch for all the info. I really appreciate you digging up those names for me. Have a great weekend!
Old 03-04-2022, 06:36 PM   #46

Quote:
Wow, sight unseen! We drove out just to take a look at our unit to actually see it in person before committing but we knew going in which unit we were specifically interested in. Really glad you hear you've had great interactions with them - that puts my mind at ease.

I plan to spend some time this weekend taking a closer look at the few issues that popped up. Misaligned screen door, dead dash radio, loose water heater door, wheel well panel that isn't screwed in. That's all that has popped up so far.

Anyway - thanks a bunch for all the info. I really appreciate you digging up those names for me. Have a great weekend!
If i was spending 300k i may have test drove it first also lol.
Anyway sounds like a nice rig..enjoy!
Have a great weekend.🍻
Old 03-10-2022, 05:42 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
But you can. There is nothing that stops you from repairing any vehicle. Read through Magnuson-Moss.

Not that I would even try it with most vehicle repairs on today's cars. The 2019 Jeep Wrangler is scary enough with some of the stuff on it but the 2022 Audi A5 with lane departure, crash prevention, sigh reading etc, etc there is no way I would try to repair much of anything on it. An RV is a different story.
Electrical vs mechanical; I'll agree that most electrical issues are complicated these days on auto (and perhaps RV).

I'd still however, make a good attempt to diagnose whatever I can (and repair) if I feel confident in the issue at hand, especially if it's out of warrantee.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote