Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2024, 01:01 PM   #1

Kitchen slide water leak (rain)

After the last few weeks of heavy rain in the Houston area, I have no developed a leak on my 23 37L. Water is coming in from between the "paper" on the underside of the slide and the slide floor. Rig was closed up, about an inch uneven toward drivers seat and the water was coming in near the house entry door (under the vent). On my first I section, I had a really poor silicon job on the slide trim piece (several cracks and just missing in several spots down the line. I re sealed all the way around, but in the next rain (although much less water) I still had water coming in at the same spot. I am assuming at this point that the last rain we had came in differently vs me actually solving anything. I checked out the roof and everything seems ok. I seem to have some dampness in the external storage directly under, but didn't see any active or ponding water (dampness may even be just from the really high humidity?). Any ideas where and how I can troubleshoot this further?

Attaching a pic of the underneath of the slide showing the "paper" I referenced above.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20240519_184048389.jpg  
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 10:04 PM   #2

Keep looking until you find the hole.
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 07:28 AM   #3

I would check the "picture frame" around the outside of the slide. A lot have mentioned it not being sealed properly and causing leaks just like you identified as well as coming in the flooring inside the slide. Mine 2021 37L needed lots of attention when I got it home from the dealer. There are also a couple seal pieces along the side walls of the slide on the outside that may also need attention. My guess is as fast as they are throwing the screws in they aren't paying attention to being fully sealed on the seams.
ponzchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 09:28 AM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions...I may need to reseal the picture frame again as I can't find anywhere it could be coming from and it definitely slowed after I did it the first time.
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 08:45 AM   #5

I had a similar leak and once I resealed the picture frame around the slide that cured the leak.
mfullana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 10:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler01 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions...I may need to reseal the picture frame again as I can't find anywhere it could be coming from and it definitely slowed after I did it the first time.
Make sure you check you frame molding with the slide closed and open. On mine, I found that with the slide closed, the caulk seam looked great as the weatherstripping was flexing the molding and closing the crack but when the slide was open, the frame relaxed and there was a gap along the whole bottom molding. When you seal, you need to leave the slide open until it cures.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote