Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2021, 12:52 PM   #1

Unhappy Lemon law for motorhome?

I bought a new Accolade 37TS 2021 (Entegra) begin January and have not been able to use it more than 10 days because of a slide problem. The unit is at the dealer (General RV, Ocala FL) since April 24, still not repaired. Jayco says that they did ship the parts, General RV says no, still waiting for parts.
(edited because legal discussions are not allowed)
I don't know what to do but I am not going to forget the $ 200,000.00 I did pay. The unit is disassembled. Any advice is welcome.
jacquesmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 01:46 PM   #2

Legal discussions/advice are not allowed on JOF..
Old 07-24-2021, 01:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Legal discussions/advice are not allowed on JOF..
OK, I"ll edit the post.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesmm View Post
Any advice is welcome.
Ask JAYCO for the tracking # and ship date.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Ask JAYCO for the tracking # and ship date.
I did that, I have the email from Jayco motorized.
Jayco has been more responsive than the dealer but far from perfect.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #6

Quote:
I did that, I have the email from Jayco motorized.
Jayco has been more responsive than the dealer but far from perfect.
If that's the case it sure sounds like the dealer is the issue then. If they have the parts, based on the info your have, there is nothing JAYCO can do to expedite the repair since dealers are independent.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:21 PM   #7

I agree that the dealer is 90% of the problem. Any suggestions? I want my RV back.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:27 PM   #8

Quote:
I agree that the dealer is 90% of the problem. Any suggestions? I want my RV back.
Here's the Corporate address in MI.

Call 888-436-7578 The corporate facility address is 25000 Assembly Park Drive, Wixom, MI 48393.

Loren Baidas, President of General RV Center
Old 07-24-2021, 02:47 PM   #9

Thanks for the address but I had it except for the name. I may call the name you gave me. I called the corporate headquarters for the 1st time in February and sent them a certified mail last week. We''ll see.
At this point, I just want my RV back. I will go to a local RV shop that I know is honest (Indian River RV in Sebastian) and will deal with Jayco Motorized for a refund.
I can't get my RV back because they took the slide out.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks for the address but I had it except for the name. I may call the name you gave me. I called the corporate headquarters for the 1st time in February and sent them a certified mail last week. We''ll see.
At this point, I just want my RV back. I will go to a local RV shop that I know is honest (Indian River RV in Sebastian) and will deal with Jayco Motorized for a refund.
I can't get my RV back because they took the slide out.
Which slide and what was wrong with it? My 2020 has a dinette slide problem that prevents us from using it the remainder of this trip.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:21 PM   #11

Have to ask a crazy question. If the slide-out has not been in the unit for months, what is keeping the weather and critters out?

Are you sure the slide is not in it?

Jayco does do warranty work one MHs. Might be worth, a sheet of plastic, some gorilla tape and driving it up there.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Which slide and what was wrong with it? My 2020 has a dinette slide problem that prevents us from using it the remainder of this trip.
The dinette slide, the large one on the driver side. The PO says Motor Slideout system power gear.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Are you sure the slide is not in it?
I have not seen it, it's what an employee told me on the phone.
The dealer (General RV Ocala) is 3 hours away. We have to go in that direction next Saturday and will stop by, take pictures. We come back that way within 10 days and I may go in with the cops to recover the unit, repaired or not.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:28 AM   #14

Quote:
I have not seen it, it's what an employee told me on the phone.
The dealer (General RV Ocala) is 3 hours away. We have to go in that direction next Saturday and will stop by, take pictures. We come back that way within 10 days and I may go in with the cops to recover the unit, repaired or not.
I cannot fathom any reason to remove the entire slide to replace the Power Gear or even SCHWINTEK system. Power Gear is mounted in the basement and the SCWINTEK units get installed from the outside.

Wonder if he meant it was extended out and they couldn't push it in?
Old 07-25-2021, 09:41 AM   #15

Quote:
The dinette slide, the large one on the driver side. The PO says Motor Slideout system power gear.
That’s the slide we cannot use for the remainder of this trip. My slide has to come out because it is tearing up the ramp used to lower it into the floor when extending.

In the pic the sheet metal is supposed to be flat and covering the wood. It is now buckled preventing the slide from going out any further and lowering level with the floor. As a note, this is the slide that Jayco supposedly adjusted last Aug.

Click image for larger version

Name:	38ACE40F-2BFE-43A2-B062-F602A32AF6FE.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	73980

My first issue is getting Freightliner to fix this POS so it will roll down the road.

My recommendation has now become to avoid Jayco and avoid Freightliner like the plague.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #16

Quote:
I cannot fathom any reason to remove the entire slide to replace the Power Gear or even SCHWINTEK system. Power Gear is mounted in the basement and the SCWINTEK units get installed from the outside.

Wonder if he meant it was extended out and they couldn't push it in?
Correct, I can see the motor but on the work order, they gave it 15 hours and Jayco approved.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
That’s the slide we cannot use for the remainder of this trip. My slide has to come out because it is tearing up the ramp used to lower it into the floor when extending.

In the pic the sheet metal is supposed to be flat and covering the wood. It is now buckled preventing the slide from going out any further and lowering level with the floor. As a note, this is the slide that Jayco supposedly adjusted last Aug.

Attachment 73980

My first issue is getting Freightliner to fix this POS so it will roll down the road.

My recommendation has now become to avoid Jayco and avoid Freightliner like the plague.
That must be the problem I had because it was getting worse over time. I used the RV very little but each time, closing the slide became more difficult. Maybe that rail was breaking down, folding progressively. The motor was grinding, making noise without the slide moving then, after several attempts, it suddenly jumped up and moved forward.
They can fix it but it may happen again.

Is your Freightliner problem the one about the DEF?
Old 07-26-2021, 08:26 AM   #18

Quote:
That must be the problem I had because it was getting worse over time. I used the RV very little but each time, closing the slide became more difficult. Maybe that rail was breaking down, folding progressively. The motor was grinding, making noise without the slide moving then, after several attempts, it suddenly jumped up and moved forward.
They can fix it but it may happen again.

Is your Freightliner problem the one about the DEF?
My issue is Def related but not necessarily the "DEF Issue" everyone else has experienced. In the shop twice now, first at approx 3000 miles and they found a loose connection. The second time was last week and they found a loose Freightliner splice which was causing a short. Not sure what the issue will. be this time but it started out like the last time but this time finished with a stop engine light, flashing DEF light, Check engine light and MIL. The codes on the scan gauge keep changing and the message center on the dash says there are 3 active Freightliner codes.

We decided to move the critters and ourselves into a hotel while it's being repaired this time so we did that yesterday and in a little bit I'll go to the. campground and prep the coach for towing or whatever Freightliner decides they want to do.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
Old 07-31-2021, 11:53 AM   #19

Yikes makes me sweat when I think about buying a new RV, we’re on our third, only had one with real bad issues.

I would contact the finance company tell them your gripe if you get no where then threaten to stop payments. Tell them come pick it up! They some times help, believe it or not.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:15 PM   #20

There is no finance company, we took 200K out of our retirement account and paid cash.
I am still waiting. This week, I will drive 3 hours to the dealer and make troubles.

Tags
accolade, lemon law, seneca, warranty