Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2019, 04:02 PM   #1

Leveling

Auto leveling a 37K. Anyone ever notice that it tilts forward and sometimes sideways? It seems one can never get them level like our old 5th wheel. Any thoughts or help with my fellow Seneca owners? It's a 2019 so not sure what's up.
Pmcmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmcmath View Post
Auto leveling a 37K. Anyone ever notice that it tilts forward and sometimes sideways? It seems one can never get them level like our old 5th wheel. Any thoughts or help with my fellow Seneca owners? It's a 2019 so not sure what's up.
I know you have a different leveling manufacturer's system than my 2014 TS but all the systems have a method to "set zero" telling the controller what is level. On my Bigfoot system I hit a sequence of buttons which puts it into a programming mode, then manually level my unit with the jacks using carpenter's levels, then store the program.

After having done that it returns to level automatically very reliably. But after a year or so of bouncing down this country's great roads it seems to lose its settings and needs to be re-done. So I do it once a year at the beginning of the season and I seem good for the year.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I know you have a different leveling manufacturer's system than my 2014 TS but all the systems have a method to "set zero" telling the controller what is level. On my Bigfoot system I hit a sequence of buttons which puts it into a programming mode, then manually level my unit with the jacks using carpenter's levels, then store the program.

After having done that it returns to level automatically very reliably. But after a year or so of bouncing down this country's great roads it seems to lose its settings and needs to be re-done. So I do it once a year at the beginning of the season and I seem good for the year.
Thank you. Will try that.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 PM   #4

Something else I did that made leveling more "predictable" was to install a rear suspension "air dump" system. I was able to wire the solenoids into my Bigfoot control panel so it works automatically when I level. Dumping the air first takes the variability the air springs can introduce out of the leveling process.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:01 PM   #5

I agree with Rob, they need to be reset. When we picked our Seneca up, it was way off and it had to be reset....but I did again when we got home to make it right . I have attached a link that you can download the Equilizer installation and troubleshooting guide. You need to reset the “Null” and it is on page 10. I agree on adding an air dump, ours is so much better, and usually lower overall to the ground being able to dump the rear air before leveling. I also just added Snap-Pads but haven’t gotten a chance to use them except in the shop.

Here is the link to the manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tut1m7jyo1...anual.pdf?dl=0

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I agree with Rob, they need to be reset. When we picked our Seneca up, it was way off and it had to be reset....but I did again when we got home to make it right . I have attached a link that you can download the Equilizer installation and troubleshooting guide. You need to reset the “Null” and it is on page 10. I agree on adding an air dump, ours is so much better, and usually lower overall to the ground being able to dump the rear air before leveling. I also just added Snap-Pads but haven’t gotten a chance to use them except in the shop.

Here is the link to the manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tut1m7jyo1...anual.pdf?dl=0
I have the snap pads also....just added them. So much easier with the app that runs the leveling system.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:06 PM   #7

My 2015 doesn't have airdump valves - but - if you manually lift the rear end, you'll hear the air dumping. On certain spots, it helps a LOT to dump the air FIRST, then reset the jacks and hit "auto-level"... helps keep all four tires closer to the ground and makes that last step out the door not quite such a doozy.

Doing a zero/level reset is also highly recommended!
crumgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #8
MD3

Adding air dump valves made a huge difference on mine.
Snap Pads was another improvement and stopped the "creep" when retracting.

I've had to reset the "null" numerous times.

I really wish the jacks would also retract to level instead of increasing lift only to level. It seems to raise the coach more than needed by doing this.
I am guessing this may be why the air dump helped.

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote