Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2019, 08:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
the place that sold me this rig advertised as a S2RV, and of coarse I not knowing the difference in that there were two versions of the Seneca made in 2018, I guess I just figured they were advertising what they should have know to be true, a true S2RV with a 360hp with a 3000 trans, this is what the dealers paper work says, I gues I will have a talk with the owner or head man at the dealership,
I guess it is my fault for not checking and knowing the difference
Take an attorney with you to see the owner of that dealership if your paperwork states S2RV and those numbers. That being said, those of us with the M2 are happy.

The S2RV gets 12,000 towing capacity, 100 gal fuel tank (drivers side fill), uprated engine with Allison 3000 and (this is important) an air dryer! They also have the true pass-through storage. The interior colors changed from the 2018 M2. I don’t think I missed anything.
The air dryer is expensive.
Rob just shared pricing on his uprate.
Transmission reprogram was free for some of us.
You can make your own pass through.
100 gallons of fuel and the ability to get it all on one side would be convenient at times.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:22 AM   #22

your right the 24 volt was a typing mistake on my part, and not knowing how many times the batteries have been let drained, that was my first thought, either that or the motors on the schwintek crap, yea I bought a warranty with the used coach, because of the engine, I figured I could use the peace of mind since I am older and retired,

thanks
Old 07-01-2019, 07:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Take an attorney with you to see the owner of that dealership if your paperwork states S2RV and those numbers. That being said, those of us with the M2 are happy.

The S2RV gets 12,000 towing capacity, 100 gal fuel tank (drivers side fill), uprated engine with Allison 3000 and (this is important) an air dryer! They also have the true pass-through storage. The interior colors changed from the 2018 M2. I don’t think I missed anything.
The air dryer is expensive.
Rob just shared pricing on his uprate.
Transmission reprogram was free for some of us.
You can make your own pass through.
100 gallons of fuel and the ability to get it all on one side would be convenient at times.
that pass through is not a big deal the rest would be great, this one if I keep it wound up does great on the hills, unless I have to start behind or anything that keeps me from accelerating for the hill, but I am going to have a talk with the manager from the dealership, that's for sure
Old 07-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #24

the manager finally called me and said he would take back the MH, but I told him that freightliner could do reprogram the engine and trans to the specifications that they advertised and he said he would have someone call freightliner tomorrow and get back to me next week, he asked if it would effect the warranty, and I told him that they could pay to upgrade the warranty, we will see what happens
Old 07-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #25

While the engine horsepower uprate and reprogramming the transmission (make the performance shift schedule "primary") would likely give you equal performance, there are stll some S2RV features you won't have. 100-gallon single-fill fuel tank, air dryer (to help keep air brake components from corroding), rear sway bar, air horn, and likely some other features I am neglecting to mention.

You'll have to decide, but if it were mine I would also insist on an air dryer too. They can be added, several owners have had their units upgraded. I don't have one (yet) on my 2014, but I have hydraulic disc brakes not air brakes.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #26

OK, was reading about the scan gauge , and a blue tooth capability with some app,

and another thing, those with this transmission in the Seneca, on the hill climbing and descending, do you just use the retarder or do you shift down or up, depending
Old 07-08-2019, 09:12 AM   #27

If by retarder you mean the exhaust brake then I just leave it in drive and slow using it. It will downshift itself to increase engine braking as you (lightly) hit the brake pedal.

I even had my unit programmed recently to allow the exhaust brake to activate when using cruise control and going downhill and gaining speed. Stock programming keeps exhaust brake "off" when in cruise. The set mine to activate when road speed is 4 mph above the set speed.

Back to terminology, some Allison transmissions have retarders that also slow one down, we had them in some of our fire trucks. But our exhaust brakes work by varying the turbocharger's vane geometry to increase back pressure and generate engine braking force.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #28

If you are going to be using you unit in areas that freeze or have very high humidity I would also recommend the air dryer. The units come with auto air dumps on the tanks but these only reduce the moisture level in the system.

I drive with my exhaust brake on except for driving around towns in areas that the added noise would bother people. Important to remember the exhaust brake stops at 15 mph so if slowing down in traffic be alert to the effect and be ready to increase brake pressure or you can surge forward.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:08 AM   #29

the exhaust brake seems to slow maybe one gear, it doesn't seem to slow anymore then that, if I allow it to it will increase speed as mush as I allow it to, not sure if that is normal, when coming to a stop at a traffic light it will go to a lower gear, of coarse all this is new to me since my last diesel was in 1987,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
If by retarder you mean the exhaust brake then I just leave it in drive and slow using it. It will downshift itself to increase engine braking as you (lightly) hit the brake pedal.

I even had my unit programmed recently to allow the exhaust brake to activate when using cruise control and going downhill and gaining speed. Stock programming keeps exhaust brake "off" when in cruise. The set mine to activate when road speed is 4 mph above the set speed.

Back to terminology, some Allison transmissions have retarders that also slow one down, we had them in some of our fire trucks. But our exhaust brakes work by varying the turbocharger's vane geometry to increase back pressure and generate engine braking force.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:27 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
...I even had my unit programmed recently to allow the exhaust brake to activate when using cruise control and going downhill and gaining speed. Stock programming keeps exhaust brake "off" when in cruise. The set mine to activate when road speed is 4 mph above the set speed. ...
I wish you guys would quit talking about these re-programs...hahaha. I can envision a $1,000 visit to Cummins for the up-rate re-program and this re-program.

If you don't mind, how much was this cruise control re-program?

Thanks,
Dave
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:16 AM   #31

bunk bed slide

I was reading about the guy with the slide troubles with the FS model, which I believe Jayco should fix by the way, and I have a question, extending the bunk slide on this coach is extremely slow, it really grunts and takes it forever to build enough force to extend it out, I was wondering how everyone else's side comes out, is it easy like the front LR slide? would appreciate everyone's input as to how theirs works,,,

Thanks, Mark
Old 07-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
I wish you guys would quit talking about these re-programs...hahaha. I can envision a $1,000 visit to Cummins for the up-rate re-program and this re-program.

If you don't mind, how much was this cruise control re-program?

Thanks,
Dave
It was free; just another few keystokes when they reflashed my engine computer to uprate my power.

However if it was the only thing one wanted done it would be at least 1/2 hour labor charge just to bring it inside, plug it in, flash that setting, then unplug and move it inside. Too bad there isn't a consumer device that one could use but there are none I am aware of. Cummins is very protective of their proprietary system to see and adjust engine parameters!
Old 07-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #33

the info center

just wanting to know, on the controller panel where the slide buttons are and level, generator xct. what is the power button do on the CSW controller on the inverter do when you hold it down, it beeps,
Old 07-19-2019, 12:59 PM   #34

Depending on the programming of your inverter it turns the inverter off. It can also be used to look at the inverter set up. The inverter can be used in several ways and depending on how you want it configured you can make changes with this panel. I really have only had to touch this once when I replaced my batteries. There are others on here that are much more informed on the operation of the interface and programming.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:31 PM   #35

thanks

Tags
2018 seneca owners