Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #21

Bruceter,

I read your comment re- "economy to performance transmission reprogram'. Is that an after-market programmer, or is it something that the Freightliner dealer is doing for you?

thanks!
Peachlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:27 PM   #22

Not the individual you addressed but I just had mine done. It is performed at an Allison authorized service center, some Freightliner dealers may have that designation.

When I made my appointment they needed my VIN and my transmission serial number. The serial is on the driver's side visor label. The service center I used (W. W. Williams) got the new program from Allison and had it ready when I showed up. 1/2-hour later I was headed home much happier with how it performed.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #23

Yes, as Robbyr mentioned reprogramming at a Allison dealer. I have a call into my local dealer waiting for price and when they can schedule the Seneca in.

Bruce
Old 05-29-2019, 02:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruceter View Post
Yes, as Robbyr mentioned reprogramming at a Allison dealer. I have a call into my local dealer waiting for price and when they can schedule the Seneca in.

Bruce
For comparison here is my invoice. $140.00 + Ohio sales tax.
Attached Thumbnails
20190529_161102.jpg  
Old 05-29-2019, 03:29 PM   #25

So Robbbby, You just had this done two weeks ago? How is that program different than what you had originally "With the OD lockout switch" ???
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
So Robbbby, You just had this done two weeks ago? How is that program different than what you had originally "With the OD lockout switch" ???
It downshifts to 5th much sooner than before, it used to slow quite a bit more before it usually would drop all the way to 4th. Now in 5th it tackles the grades without me having to drop all the way to 4th (by locking it out). It also seems to "hold" each gear a little longer when under full throttle with O/D still engaged, like what it did before when O/D locked out. Also before it sometimes would hang too long before shifting out of 3rd under full throttle, I would have to lift momentarily to get it to go to 4th. Now it is a very linear ramp up and noticeably better.
I will still likely need O/D switch in very hilly territory; my Memorial Day trip was only 1,000 miles round trip to IL and back but it was better than ever. Plus I got the 360/800 uprate done too, both upgrades work great together!
Old 05-29-2019, 05:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
It downshifts to 5th much sooner than before, it used to slow quite a bit more before it usually would drop all the way to 4th. Now in 5th it tackles the grades without me having to drop all the way to 4th (by locking it out). It also seems to "hold" each gear a little longer when under full throttle with O/D still engaged, like what it did before when O/D locked out. Also before it sometimes would hang too long before shifting out of 3rd under full throttle, I would have to lift momentarily to get it to go to 4th. Now it is a very linear ramp up and noticeably better.
I will still likely need O/D switch in very hilly territory; my Memorial Day trip was only 1,000 miles round trip to IL and back but it was better than ever. Plus I got the 360/800 uprate done too, both upgrades work great together!
So I have this straight... this was the upgrade that we have been discussing in some of the other threads that some dealers wanted an extra $800 to cover warranty too? I have two more years of FL warranty left!

You already have an influencing factor on our finances... is this one worth the 8-bills? I am really interested in if this can make a pretty happy Seneca owner... who runs at 33k GCW most all the time even better?
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:42 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
So I have this straight... this was the upgrade that we have been discussing in some of the other threads that some dealers wanted an extra $800 to cover warranty too? I have two more years of FL warranty left!
Cummins did my power upgrade, they didn't charge me the "warranty" charge since I only have until March. Must be at their facility's discretion to do so or not. I went to an actual Cummins service facility. I paid around $350 for that. Transmission was separate by Allison.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:44 PM   #29

I haven't used the site too much so haven't found out as many things as you have mentioned . I would be interested in knowing about the Extend a fills and the water tank mods. There is also a mention down through the post about transmission lock out,
Kgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:15 PM   #30

Congratulations!!! Let the modifications begin!!!
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:51 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
For comparison here is my invoice. $140.00 + Ohio sales tax.
Thanks for posting this Rob, I have them looking into possibly adding the O/D lock out switch as well. Talking with them today doesn’t sound like they having too much luck with it for some reason.

Bruce
Old 05-29-2019, 07:05 PM   #32

My Seneca is in Freightliner right now getting (hopefully) the OD lockout switch installed. I am hoping to hear something tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:00 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
My Seneca is in Freightliner right now getting (hopefully) the OD lockout switch installed. I am hoping to hear something tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks for that Mark, anxious to hear how you make out!
Old 05-29-2019, 08:21 PM   #34

Quote:
Well finally after looking and doing a lot of reading here on the forum we bought a new early 2018 37ts. We really were not looking to buy new but as the choice of used Seneca’s in Canada are slim and adding 36% exchange rate to the Canadian dollar made looking in the U.S. not feasible. So we ended up with a deal we were very happy with on this left over 2018 and the 37ts was the model we were looking for.
We picked the unit up on Friday and the modifications have already begun.
I had ordered and received the ExtendaFills for the the fuel tanks before we took delivery of the motorhome so they are installed. I’m in the middle of doing the water tank support frame and I really want to give a THANKS out to everyone on the forum here that contributed to posts on how to go about doing the water tank mod. Making the job much easier
One question I have,
in our 5th wheel we would keep it plugged into shore power to keep the fridge turned on for the season and keep the batteries charged, it did have a Charge Wizard. So is safe to do the same with the Seneca? Still trying to get through the manuals, but haven’t found whether there is any type of Charge Wizard or not.

If there is anything else I should be addressing before to much use please let me know.

Again thanks for all the help and information that I have picked up off the forum
ahead of our purchase.

Bruce
Hi Bruce,
Welcome to the Jayco / Seneca Family.
I have a 2017 37TS and I leave it plugged in while in in door storage. I have the Magnum Dimensions inverter and it will not overcharge your batteries. I had my transmission reprogrammed last year at Trans West. They needed my VIN and transmission serial #. What a big difference it made. I took it on an 3600 round trip from CO to my home upstate NY last September. What a difference it was when i needed to accelerate. I'm towing a 2012 Chevy Sonic on a car dolly. The reprogramming I received from Allison and they relayed it to Trans West.

John
Boy
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #35

Quote:
Well finally after looking and doing a lot of reading here on the forum we bought a new early 2018 37ts. We really were not looking to buy new but as the choice of used Seneca’s in Canada are slim and adding 36% exchange rate to the Canadian dollar made looking in the U.S. not feasible. So we ended up with a deal we were very happy with on this left over 2018 and the 37ts was the model we were looking for.
We picked the unit up on Friday and the modifications have already begun.
I had ordered and received the ExtendaFills for the the fuel tanks before we took delivery of the motorhome so they are installed. I’m in the middle of doing the water tank support frame and I really want to give a THANKS out to everyone on the forum here that contributed to posts on how to go about doing the water tank mod. Making the job much easier
One question I have,
in our 5th wheel we would keep it plugged into shore power to keep the fridge turned on for the season and keep the batteries charged, it did have a Charge Wizard. So is safe to do the same with the Seneca? Still trying to get through the manuals, but haven’t found whether there is any type of Charge Wizard or not.

If there is anything else I should be addressing before to much use please let me know.

Again thanks for all the help and information that I have picked up off the forum
ahead of our purchase.

Bruce
Hi Bruce. I see you have been making upgrades to your Seneca. I too have a 2018 37TS. I was wondering if you could steer me to the info on ExtendaFills and also the water tank supporting?
There is one thing I've found on mine that I would like to share. If you hear a whistling sound when driving down the road it's your holes on the mirrors at the top of them. I bought plastic plugs from Amazon and plugged all holes. That stopped the sound.

Kgraham
Kgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #36

Kgraham, here is the web site for the Extendafil
https://extendafill.com/

I haven’t taken any pics yet of what did on mine for the water tank supports I’ll try and get some up for you. However if you do a search here on this forum for
“Water tank supports Seneca” there is some very good information there.
I basically did the same as Rustynuts did on his. The one difference is Rustynuts has a S2RV chassis and ours is the m2. Rustynuts used I believe it was 3/4”x2” rectangular tubing on top of the frame of his S2RV but the m2 there is a bit more space and I used 5 pieces of 1.5” square tubing. I made up some clips to pinch the tubing to the frame rail flanges for mounting. Hope this helps but maybe sounds a bit confusing but I’ll try and get some pics for you

Yup already have the mirror holes plugged for the whistling, I just picked the plugs up at Lowe’s. But thanks for that!

Bruce
Old 06-03-2019, 07:59 PM   #37

Thought I should get at least one picture of the Seneca up here.
Attached Thumbnails
FABED313-800A-495E-B3C6-33C05E9248C0.jpg  
Old 06-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #38

Quote:
Thought I should get at least one picture of the Seneca up here.
Nice!! Congratulations!!
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:24 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I have a 2015 JKU and after a bunch of research I went with the NSA Ready Brute Elite towbar and the Currie Enterprises tow plate. Quick and easy to hook up and tow great with it. I like the Currie plate as it replaces the plastic valance under the bumper and gives you a front skid plate and tow plate all in one, very low profile. Install on the whole setup was easy to do and took about 1/2 a day. For lights I used the Cool-tech wiring kit.

https://www.currieenterprises.com/jk...r-mounting-kit

https://www.readybrake.com/store/p4/...V_Tow_Bar.html

https://www.cooltechllc.com/2007-201...rness-kit.html
Thanks for the specifics of what you used. We are setting up our 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and this helps a lot!
mt1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #40

Can you pass me the information on the Water Tank Mod? I must have missed that. 2014 Jayco Seneca 37ts
tpastorini is offline   Reply With Quote