Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2022, 09:49 AM   #1

New Seneca Price

Currently have a 2020 Greyhawk 30XP. We've already booked 4 months starting November in Florida and planning to stay there until the end of April before heading back to West Michigan. We are looking to upgrade to a Seneca and just starting the search process. Looked at 2 in GR and MSRP is around 310k. When we bought the Greyhawk in July of 2020 we got about 33% off MSRP. I know market has changed but what is a reasonable expectation now? Didn't even talk price with GR dealer but I could tell he was interested in ours for trade. Not a lot of inventory around here to look at so I'm thinking maybe we would be better off to wait until we get to Florida to ramp up the search and just continue doing research. Much more to look at there and the 2023 will be out. We will bring the title with us to Florida. Thanks for all words of wisdom.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 05:51 PM   #2

My Seneca holds 100 gallons of diesel and at 5 bucks a gallon(what it is here in Mesa AZ), well you can do the math. For a lot of RV'ers especially those who purchased one over the last two covid lockdown years the cost of fuel will stop them from traveling. I would suggest letting this summer progress a bit. There is a break point for fuel where those units that carry a second mortgage become cost prohibitive to own. You could soon see 1 year old units with very limited milage hitting the market at very reasonable prices.

Ender on the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 06:02 PM   #3

I'm already seeing it a bit. I'm cross shopping a few models used and while there aren't many out there yet.... There are a heck of a lot of 19/20/21 starting to show up. I believe we are past the top of the market and it'll soften in the next while. Don't ask me what "while" means just that we've been in an unsustainable bubble for a couple years and what goes up, must come down. Hard part is people will be upside down on financing, and while desperate to unload that expensive toy they don't want to pay for anymore it'll be similar (ish) to 08 IMHO. But not quite yet. Anyone want to take best on prices in Sep 22 vs now?
driveby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:18 AM   #4

My wife has just changed her mind and wants to sell the Seneca and do what??? Not happy. We've only owned it for a year, and now she doesn't want to go across country, just local camping! Our last trip will be to see out son in the Ozarks at the end of June. After that she's up for sale. she's a 2018 Seneca HJ, 14,000 miles and kept in covered storage with 120vac. Let me know if this sounds like something you might be interested in.
Damian Neeld
Carmel, IN

Damian & Sally Neeld
2018 Seneca HJ
Carmel, IN
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender on the road View Post
My Seneca holds 100 gallons of diesel and at 5 bucks a gallon(what it is here in Mesa AZ), well you can do the math. For a lot of RV'ers especially those who purchased one over the last two covid lockdown years the cost of fuel will stop them from traveling. I would suggest letting this summer progress a bit. There is a break point for fuel where those units that carry a second mortgage become cost prohibitive to own. You could soon see 1 year old units with very limited milage hitting the market at very reasonable prices.
Based on campgrounds being totally booked through the summer I believe you are wrong on fuel cost limiting travel. We have to make a route and itinerary change for our summer trip and campgrounds, at least decent ones, are pretty well booked.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:12 PM   #6

I am selling our 2021 37k Seneca. It's like new still and even smells like new. We traveled down south with Ll winter and really enjoyed it. We decided to buy a house down south so we are selling. It's in the classifieds if you are interested let me know.
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:22 PM   #7

I would consider your rv on trade for our 2021 37k Seneca
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Based on campgrounds being totally booked through the summer I believe you are wrong on fuel cost limiting travel. We have to make a route and itinerary change for our summer trip and campgrounds, at least decent ones, are pretty well booked.
I would echo this. I own a lot at HiltonHead Motor coach resort which I put on the rental program. I do this do help the resort and owners keep cost lower, not that I need or want the rent. My lot rentals are on fire. Booked solid for the next three months…October, November, and December all have week long bookings that will fill up each month….Never seen it before, been in HHI for 12 years….Fuel is not a factor….
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredAndFree View Post
Currently have a 2020 Greyhawk 30XP. We've already booked 4 months starting November in Florida and planning to stay there until the end of April before heading back to West Michigan. We are looking to upgrade to a Seneca and just starting the search process. Looked at 2 in GR and MSRP is around 310k. When we bought the Greyhawk in July of 2020 we got about 33% off MSRP. I know market has changed but what is a reasonable expectation now? Didn't even talk price with GR dealer but I could tell he was interested in ours for trade. Not a lot of inventory around here to look at so I'm thinking maybe we would be better off to wait until we get to Florida to ramp up the search and just continue doing research. Much more to look at there and the 2023 will be out. We will bring the title with us to Florida. Thanks for all words of wisdom.

Before you look to buy used and just to get an idea of new prices, request an online quotes from RVDIRECT. If you search, others here have bought from them besides myself. When we bought our last camper no one I contacted offered a lower price. This company has multiple locations where you can elect to receive new campers.

https://www.rvdirect.com/build-quote/
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 06:29 AM   #10

I'll check it out, thanks.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Before you look to buy used and just to get an idea of new prices, request an online quotes from RVDIRECT. If you search, others here have bought from them besides myself. When we bought our last camper no one I contacted offered a lower price. This company has multiple locations where you can elect to receive new campers.

https://www.rvdirect.com/build-quote/
They’re now owned by RV One so getting a good deal might not be available anymore.

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 06:47 PM   #12

I want to thank all who have responded but I'm going to go back to my original question. When we bought our Greyhawk less than 2 years ago we got about 33% off MSRP. Times have changed so what is a reasonable number to look at now? MSRP is $XXX,XXX - ??% = Sale price. Anyone who has bought one recently should have a reasonable idea what this number should be.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:58 PM   #13

We saved 27% in January 2022.

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:12 PM   #14

Thank you!
Old 04-27-2022, 07:28 PM   #15

We bought a new class a on January 15th. We made the deal at 36% off. There were other "dealers" out there that wouldn't talk discounts. We walked immediately.
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:50 PM   #16

New Seneca Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbysWorld View Post
They’re now owned by RV One so getting a good deal might not be available anymore.

RV One and RVDirect were always connected. That’s nothing new. Now wether they offer the best deals could have changed. But like I told OP it’s free and quick to get a quote. So why not?
Old 04-27-2022, 08:06 PM   #17

A concern I have with RV ONE and RV Direct is they are nowhere near where we live in Michigan and I know getting one serviced where you didn't buy it is next to impossible. On April 12 when we went to the Jayco dealer near Grand Rapids they had 2. We went to General RV about 30 miles south of Grand Rapids a week later to look at the Thor Magnitude and when we headed back home we stopped at the dealership in Grand Rapids to look again. Not a big surprise, both gone.
Old 04-27-2022, 08:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredAndFree View Post
A concern I have with RV ONE and RV Direct is they are nowhere near where we live in Michigan and I know getting one serviced where you didn't buy it is next to impossible. On April 12 when we went to the Jayco dealer near Grand Rapids they had 2. We went to General RV about 30 miles south of Grand Rapids a week later to look at the Thor Magnitude and when we headed back home we stopped at the dealership in Grand Rapids to look again. Not a big surprise, both gone.

You originally asked about current pricing and getting an online quote would help answer that. Never said you should buy from them. And if you read on here long enough, many have issues getting service from their selling dealer so they are no better off than going to a random dealer for service. Neither of my Jaycos needed to go back to the dealer and for what I saved from buying from RVDirect, if I had an issue I would have asked Jayco to approve a non-Jayco shop to service mine. If you read on here long enough that’s not uncommon. Best of luck….
Old 04-30-2022, 02:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender on the road View Post
Five a gallon I'll take it. It's $6.21 and that's the cheapest I can find in sunny stick it to you California.
corv65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 02:57 PM   #20

I agree. If you can hold on there will be deals. I will keep an eye out for a deal myself. I hate the diesel prices but I'm not staying home.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote