Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2018, 11:53 AM   #21

Don't get me wrong. If mine came with a ladder I would be saying it is the best thing. Since I don't have one I'll go with my collapsible ladder is way more better.
It would be convienant to have the built in ladder, even if just to hang stuff on.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #22

Switch to Dish. If you give them a zip code when you initiate the monthly pay you can get Local
Harbour35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #23

I ordered the ladder for my 2017 Seneca last week. I got the part number from customer service because I don't live closed to a motorized dealer but was able to order it from a dealer that sold Jayco trailers. Part number "0217990 ladder, RF 124.00 8 S", cost is $98.00. It will cost more to have it shipped to me in Texas than I paid for it.

All the backing to attach it is there.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Cajun View Post
You all do realize that you will have warranty issues if you don’t get up on the roof and inspect the caulking every 6 months according to the manual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes.. and I recomend that you do it more often than that. We have been wintering in our Seneca for 2.5 months now, checked the roof before we left and it was fine.

Sunday brought us a torrential Florida rain (almost 4inches in 3 hours) and we found that we have a leak between the front cap and the roof seam. I spent a couple of hours on the roof with Dicor lap sealant yesterday - the ladder is priceless!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Yes.. and I recomend that you do it more often than that. We have been wintering in our Seneca for 2.5 months now, checked the roof before we left and it was fine.

Sunday brought us a torrential Florida rain (almost 4inches in 3 hours) and we found that we have a leak between the front cap and the roof seam. I spent a couple of hours on the roof with Dicor lap sealant yesterday - the ladder is priceless!
We were in that storm as well east of Tampa (Hillsborough River SP) and did ok. Monday morning though there were a few other campers up on their roofs!
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
We were in that storm as well east of Tampa (Hillsborough River SP) and did ok. Monday morning though there were a few other campers up on their roofs!
That storm was huge, the hardest rain I have ever seen... Not only did we experience the issue with the roof seam... while it was raining, We had our Awning out full, at middle settings of the slant... and apparently the excessive weight of the massive rainfall bent the awning support...
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #27

Florida rain

We went to Orlando to pick up our Seneca in July and Saturday afternoon the rain came in buckets; not to mention the bolts of lightning that strike very close to you! Nothing like I remember up north.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:20 AM   #28
MD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
I ordered the ladder for my 2017 Seneca last week. I got the part number from customer service because I don't live closed to a motorized dealer but was able to order it from a dealer that sold Jayco trailers. Part number "0217990 ladder, RF 124.00 8 S", cost is $98.00. It will cost more to have it shipped to me in Texas than I paid for it.

All the backing to attach it is there.
At $98 it's cheaper than buying a different ladder and also then no worries about storing it.

How did you know the backing was there and were should I be looking for the backing for a ladder ?

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:25 AM   #29

Do you get instructions on where and how to mount the ladder? I would definately install one myself if i had the proper instructions on how and where to mount it.
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:36 AM   #30

Oh ,bye the way I think I was mistaken about the antenna.We looked at a new Seneca [awaiting delivery in mid march]and it indeed did have an over the air antenna .We have used this antenna when cable was not available in our greyhawk and we were pretty pleased with the reception.
I am not a fan of paying for sat.tv.....we pay almost 200 a month for cable tv with the triple play and to fork out more money to watch tv now and then when were not hooked up to cable is just to much for my wallet !
Old 02-02-2018, 09:50 AM   #31

Jayco customer service will email you the drawings that show the backing. exactly where the ladder is mounted is a question I will ask before I install it. Looking at the back side of the rear cap from under your camper you can see the bottom mounting area. The plywood backing is molded into the fiberglass. The dealer I ordered from said I'd have to get my own bolts, typically there not included. I was told it might be in today so I'll let you know what I get.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:44 PM   #32
MD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
Jayco customer service will email you the drawings that show the backing. exactly where the ladder is mounted is a question I will ask before I install it. Looking at the back side of the rear cap from under your camper you can see the bottom mounting area. The plywood backing is molded into the fiberglass. The dealer I ordered from said I'd have to get my own bolts, typically there not included. I was told it might be in today so I'll let you know what I get.
Thank you.
I'd be interested in seeing and hearing how the install goes and what all you need to make it happen.

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #33

Ok my ladder is on my Seneca. First of as I was warned shipping cost more than the ladder. Ladder was $98.00 and shipping was $125.00 to my south Texas dealer. It comes in one long box. You have to mount the legs to the ladder and this required drilling holes in the ladder. These legs are labeled top and bottom as well as left and right. The ladder looks the same as on the 2015 and 16 units. However the legs I have needed to be trimmed. The top pair are two different lengths and I needed to make them the same. The bottom two each required an inch removed. Was I sent the wrong ladder I don't know. Jayco was no help on where to mount it or the size bolts to use. Customer service sent me to parts and parts sent me to customer service. I do have the drawing of the rear cap or I should say I have a drawing of a rear cap. The drawing shows the backing that can not be mounted where it says it is because of the curves in the fiberglass. I mounted my ladder The same way they were put on the 2016's because the rear caps look the same. Would I do this again, probably not, I'm not sure I trust it. But it looks nice on the camper and I can use it to lean my step ladder on.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #34

I had a ladder installed on mine only because we go to the NASCAR race in Charlotte every October and stay in the infield and we watch the race from the roof. I think it was $450 installed.

I do agree they are flimsy. I would not want to use it in my younger drinking days.

I think I will also use it for star gazing when I go to some of the remote national parks.

I guess my biggest surprise is that I have an option that Robbby does not have. Lol

Bob
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:59 PM   #35

Be careful of poking the master modifier. Next thing you know he will have designed a hydraulic lift instead of a ladder and we will all have to hurry up and copy him ..... just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:00 PM   #36

Whoprwil,thankyou for posting the blow by blow description of mounting the ladder !
Good thing that your handy at installing stuff would be a nightmare to some !
Old 02-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafstar View Post
I had a ladder installed on mine only because we go to the NASCAR race in Charlotte every October and stay in the infield and we watch the race from the roof. I think it was $450 installed.

I do agree they are flimsy. I would not want to use it in my younger drinking days.

I think I will also use it for star gazing when I go to some of the remote national parks.

I guess my biggest surprise is that I have an option that Robbby does not have. Lol

Bob
Sorry to disappoint Bob, but mine came from the factory with one! You can see it in the picture where I just drilled the hole for the dryer vent!

The hydraulic lift may come later this year, a Hydralift to carry my Honda ST1300 motorcycle and still tow my vehicles!
Attached Thumbnails
20160511_142530.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:04 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Be careful of poking the master modifier. Next thing you know he will have designed a hydraulic lift instead of a ladder and we will all have to hurry up and copy him ..... just saying...
Lol, too true!

See Bob, he is already configuring the hydraulic lift in his head!
Old 02-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Lol, too true!

See Bob, he is already configuring the hydraulic lift in his head!
Actually, Hydralift already configured everything for me, I just have to buy it and install it!

The picture shows another Seneca owner's install, I think it shows a fixed towbar but they also accommodate any towbar that fits in the receiver. Honda MC for now, but you can change the platform later to carry a mobility scooter when I need one!
Attached Thumbnails
Seneca with Hydralift.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:55 AM   #40

Ladder and antenna

We have the 2018 37TS on the new chassis. No ladder, so we also carry the collapsible, which works fine. Ours came standard with a tv antenna that works great.
Wally n Janet is offline   Reply With Quote