Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #1

Over The Range Microwave Replacement

Hi to everyone!
We are new to RV'ing and this site. We just bought a 2006 Jayco Seneca 35gs. We need to replace the Dometic DOTR12CB over the range vent/ microwave. I can not seem to find a replacement online that will fit the 22.5 in width dimensions. What would be my best option to find what I need? Wife would also prefer a convection/microwave, but at this point can't even find a regular one. HELP anyone?
mprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #2

Try Recpro, I know they sell microwaves. I didn't buy a microwave from them, but I purchased a set of recliners. They have great service and ship very fast via Fedex.

https://www.recpro.com/rv-microwaves/
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:09 PM   #3

I have the exact 06 35GS as you. My microwave works fine, but the fan does not work. Interested big you find a replacement with a fan. Might be able to fix the fan, but if I get it out and can't, would like to be able to replace
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:25 PM   #4

Gymracer, What I have found so far is that no one still makes an over the range/ vent hood microwave to fit in that space. So, I'm likely going to have to modify the cabinetry to accept a normal one. But a new problem is that the larger ones weigh so much that it will also need to have mounting bolts that come down from the top. So not looking forward to replacing this, but have no choice. I sure wish there was a better solution.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:24 AM   #5

Did you check any of Surplus Stores?

https://bontragers.com/rv-supplies-accessories/
Old 11-21-2020, 07:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Did you check any of Surplus Stores?

https://bontragers.com/rv-supplies-accessories/
We walked through there a couple months back. Fun place. I liked looking at all the random stuff- My wife, not so much.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:49 AM   #7

Thanks Grumpy... but now that I opened my mouth about just modifying and putting in a normal size MW with convection... my wife loved that idea.. so now it begins. Though hanging one that size and weight will require my drilling through the top of the slide just behind the trim to add front support. Do you see any issues with doing that? The old Dometic just hung from the back support plate and was probably less than 40lbs. A normal size with convections is around 70lbs. Seems that you have a lot of RV knowledge. Just want give the wife what she wants if it can be done. And as the wife says "you have a shop full of tools! why can't you do it?"
Old 11-21-2020, 09:06 AM   #8

The 07/08's came with a 30" GE. You may want to ask JAYCO for that mounting info. I removed our's and replaced with a Convection. No bolts into the slide just screws. Hard to explain.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:27 AM   #9

Thanks, I'll give Jayco a call on Monday
Old 01-18-2021, 05:14 PM   #10

30x Replacing microwave for Convection microwave

We have the 2019 30x and are looking to replace the microwave for a convection microwave combo unit. I am having trouble finding the right size to get for it.
Dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:55 PM   #11

I ended up just buying a regular sized 30in Convection / Microwave. I cut down the cabinets for it to fit in.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:24 AM   #12

30x Replacing microwave for Convection microwave

Do you have a Jayco 30x?
Old 01-19-2021, 08:33 AM   #13

No, ours is a 2006 Jayco Seneca 35HD.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:56 PM   #14

All the ones that I have seen have a 30" microwave. I have a 2006 34SS it is 30"
dynarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:28 PM   #15

30 x question or just any rv that has these...the track curtain at bunk over cab. Where can I get replacement roller clips for them and what brand/size etc? I go to Amazon and my head spins there are so many different kinds and I know there is no way all of those can fit.

Thanks all
Old 03-20-2023, 06:51 PM   #16

Wondering if you ever replaced your microwave. I have exactly the same 06 35 GS hd as you. Mine stopped heat this weekend. Fan had stopped long ago but now I need to replace for sure.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:22 PM   #17

Yes, I have replaced it with a full size kitchen Aid Convection microwave. I had to take down the existing cabinets and cut them both down to make room for the larger MW, and put them back together, but I got it to fit like a factory install and you wouldn't know it wasn't. It was 35lbs heavier than the original but Jayco said that it would be fine. The original MW only hung from the back and this one had to have bolts that also hung it from the top. So I had to drill two bolt holes through the top of the slide to hang it,... it was a bit of an ordeal, but makes a big difference in the looks and functionality. Even the exhaust fan port lined up just like it was supposed to.

If you have access to the tools needed and are pretty handy, it can be done. But my wife and I also gutted the interior at the same time and re-painted and remodeled the whole MH from flooring on up. Good luck.
Old 03-22-2023, 09:01 AM   #18

FYI, I know that the Lowe's website has half a dozen or more that are designed to fit in a 24" opening. I wonder if the 22.5" is the size of the microwave but the actual opening is 24" with some trim that makes it appear to be a little less. In any case, I suspect a microwave designed to fit in a 24" opening would fit in most RV's with little to no major effort, however that is simply what I suspect and I would definitely measure the actual opening before ordering one. ~CA

https://www.lowes.com/pl/Over-the-ra...ent=3104955870
Old 03-22-2023, 09:35 AM   #19

Thanks for the information. I really don't want a convention, just a standard microwave. Also hoping to not cut up cabinets. Doing it is no problem. I have already redone flooring, walls and lighting. One thing I would like to do is ceiling. Anyone with information on that would love to hear
Old 09-20-2023, 09:48 PM   #20

Did you ever find anything that worked?
Im looking for the same thing
Dooley mx is offline   Reply With Quote