Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2021, 08:30 PM   #1

Pantry Outlet - 37K

I own a 2021 37K and would like to add a 120 VAC outlet inside the pantry. Trying to find a route to run wires but haven’t found a way. Has anyone else with a 37K floor plan added an outlet in their pantry??
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:42 PM   #2

Don't have a 37K, where is your closest 120V outlet? I would suspect you have one in the slide out, as Jayco has been making a point to have power points at all sleeping locations for CPAP machines.

From Jayco's 360 degree view, it looks like you have one under the dinette bench against the sofa. Could install a romex wire along the carpet line in a wire mold (aka plug mold). It would be hard to see. If you want something a little nicer looking install a piece of molding over it, and paint it appropriately.

Let us know what you do and how you did it

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:46 PM   #3

2019 37K. We have an outlet on the outside of the pantry. We actually have a credenza and table slide out. Like in the Class A's. It runs under the window, is next to the pantry. The power was run from the box behind the couch. They ran the romex thru the Credenza and then into the pantry and outlet is located on outside of pantry to power things on top of the credenza. This source is also one that runs on the battery as well, which has been handy.

We have now removed the L couch and replaced with 2 residential small scale Lazy Boys. Which we love! And have a table between. We have not addressed hiding the box and the romex and some other stuff. It will not be dificult just need to choose to do it.

Absolutely essential having the added outlet. They should come this way. If one wants to use for printers, charging, or ??? We got lucky and our printer fits in the credenza. So did not take up and space in the pantry.
RTVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 06:48 PM   #4

Thanks!!!…Forgot about that outlet…will run wires under the carpet and into the pantry….
Old 10-20-2021, 08:02 PM   #5

Under carpet, wouldn’t be recommended.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:33 PM   #6

Type UF Romex layed flat on the floor under the carpet and close to the outside wall will be ok. Area is not subjected to foot traffic and the Romex cable is durable, and designed for direct burial outdoors.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:09 PM   #7

I like the idea of using UV grade wire but I would consider finding a power source and running it through the floor and back up into the area you want an outlet. I just don't like running wire under carpet.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 07:29 AM   #8

Job complete…ran the wire along the corner where the wall meets the floor..covered it with molding and you can’t see it..install outlet in wall above dinette back rest (pantry wall) and installed outlet inside pantry. Also installed LED tape lights in both upper and lower pantries with micro-switches on doors. Works great!!
Old 11-01-2021, 09:41 AM   #9

I did the pantry lighting and the bedroom closets, makes real difference. Besides the stick on led strips I used auto trim 2 sided tape
Old 11-01-2021, 10:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawingnutz View Post
Job complete…ran the wire along the corner where the wall meets the floor..covered it with molding and you can’t see it..install outlet in wall above dinette back rest (pantry wall) and installed outlet inside pantry. Also installed LED tape lights in both upper and lower pantries with micro-switches on doors. Works great!!
Any chance of a pic or two? I really like the light idea.
Semix-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote