Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2024, 09:39 PM   #1

Power door locks

I have a 2021 Seneca 37 K on a freightliner S2Rv chassis and was wondering if anyone has installed power door locks. If so would like any information on it
Thanks
Grumpy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 05:36 AM   #2

Are you talking basement lock or remote door lock for the front cab?
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 06:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy3 View Post
I have a 2021 Seneca 37 K on a freightliner S2Rv chassis and was wondering if anyone has installed power door locks. If so would like any information on it
Thanks
If you are asking about remote cab door locks as Paul indicated I did add them to my 2014. I use a system from AutoLöc, their AUTKL550. It has built-in relays, so no other components are needed to work with the Freightliner system. And our rigs use the "reverse polarity" wiring method explained in their installation instructions.

In my rig all wiring is accomplished in the center dash area. I installed mine by cutting and splicing the wires to the dash lock/unlock switch. I was careful in the orientation of the male and female spade lugs I used so that if the AutoLöc system ever failed I could quickly return it to original condition. But the dash switch still works in conjunction with the remotes.

Here is a link to AutoLöc's website for the unit I used: https://shop.autoloc.com/products/au...0bb77148&_ss=r

I purchased mine locally from Summit Racing, here is their website link for the system: Check out this page from Summit Racing https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aul-9757
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:36 PM   #4

Rob thanks for replying I have order from summit and when I receive it if possible I’d like to talk with you about the install.
Old 02-21-2024, 10:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Rob thanks for replying I have order from summit and when I receive it if possible I’d like to talk with you about the install.
No problem. Just sitting here at home recovering from hip replacement surgery, so not going anywhere soon!
Old 02-23-2024, 03:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
If you are asking about remote cab door locks as Paul indicated I did add them to my 2014. I use a system from AutoLöc, their AUTKL550. It has built-in relays, so no other components are needed to work with the Freightliner system. And our rigs use the "reverse polarity" wiring method explained in their installation instructions.

In my rig all wiring is accomplished in the center dash area. I installed mine by cutting and splicing the wires to the dash lock/unlock switch. I was careful in the orientation of the male and female spade lugs I used so that if the AutoLöc system ever failed I could quickly return it to original condition. But the dash switch still works in conjunction with the remotes.

Here is a link to AutoLöc's website for the unit I used: https://shop.autoloc.com/products/au...0bb77148&_ss=r

I purchased mine locally from Summit Racing, here is their website link for the system: Check out this page from Summit Racing https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aul-9757
I am fairly experienced with wiring and tried that method and system on my 2022 and could not get it to work for the life of me. From what I have read, it has something to do with the newer freightliner switches. If someone gets it to work on the 2018.5's and newer, I would certainly appreciate a wiring diagram with any extra resistors, diodes, or relay's that they used.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 05:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
I am fairly experienced with wiring and tried that method and system on my 2022 and could not get it to work for the life of me. From what I have read, it has something to do with the newer freightliner switches. If someone gets it to work on the 2018.5's and newer, I would certainly appreciate a wiring diagram with any extra resistors, diodes, or relay's that they used.
I confirmed with my friend Rustynuts (Brian) that the lock switch part number is identical for both my 2014 M2 and his S2RV. We both have DTNA accounts and can research parts specific to our chassis. We believe the wiring and method of operation is the same on both chassis. No extra relays or components needed.

It did not work when you used the "reverse polarity" wiring method per AutoLoc's instructions? What other resources have you found indicating newer rigs are different?
Attached Thumbnails
Reverse polarity diagram.jpg  
Old 02-23-2024, 08:51 PM   #8

Do I got autkl550 in from summit and got the unit installed and the dash and remotes all work but can’t get the park lights to flash when you lock with remotes. I have the orange wire going over to the light switch that has power with the park lights on. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for help
Old 02-23-2024, 09:12 PM   #9

I tried the reverse polarity wiring method but I just looked back at the older thread I went off. It pointed to these instructions https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...4&d=1557686308 and the M2 106 using the Avital Model 2101L Keyless Entry system $38.00 Amazon. I was not able to get mine to work using that method.

The Autoloc may have better relays built in. I will try that unit when I get the motorhome back from warranty work and it warms up a bit. I really, really wish I had a heated shop big enough to tinker on the RV. I am fortunate enough to have a six car garage that I can work on my Jeeps in, but running out of stuff to do to them...
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 09:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Do I got autkl550 in from summit and got the unit installed and the dash and remotes all work but can’t get the park lights to flash when you lock with remotes. I have the orange wire going over to the light switch that has power with the park lights on. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for help
According to the AutoLoc wiring diagram the orange wire is a pulsed GROUND. So to activate the parking lights I used a simple 12-volt relay. Fused 12-volt power "In" to relay terminals 30 and 85, the orange wire to the relay's coil ground terminal 86, then power out of the relay to the parking light circuit from the relay's terminal 87. The power circuit does not have to be a high-amperage circuit. The headlight switch only sends a small amount of current to one of the trucks multiplexed modules, the module is then what flashes the parking, tail, and clearance lights.

I tied the output from terminal 87 into the parking light output from the headlight switch. If you only hook the orange wire there it only creates a momentary GROUND connection, it does not supply power to the lights.

Here is a picture of my relay mounted behind my instrument cluster, and another picture showing the wire coming into the headlight switch.
Attached Thumbnails
20220826_112752.jpg   20220826_112935.jpg  
Old 02-23-2024, 09:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
I tried the reverse polarity wiring method but I just looked back at the older thread I went off. It pointed to these instructions https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...4&d=1557686308 and the M2 106 using the Avital Model 2101L Keyless Entry system $38.00 Amazon. I was not able to get mine to work using that method.

The Autoloc may have better relays built in. I will try that unit when I get the motorhome back from warranty work and it warms up a bit. I really, really wish I had a heated shop big enough to tinker on the RV. I am fortunate enough to have a six car garage that I can work on my Jeeps in, but running out of stuff to do to them...
Grumpy3 was able to get the AutoLoc system working on his S2RV, I believe I have set him on the correct path to get his lights to flash when he locks/unlocks his rig. It is a bit unusual that the AutoLoc light trigger is a pulsing GROUND, and not a positive voltage signal.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:43 PM   #12

Thanks for your help I’ll go get a relay tomorrow
Old 02-24-2024, 03:36 PM   #13

Rob
Sorry to bother you but still can’t get lights to flash I got a 12 volt relay and hooked both the 30 and 85 to a 12 volt positive the 86 to the orange wire from remote and 87 to the light switch for park light terminal 1 like you picture showed. On my unit the terminal 10 is the one with12 volts with lights or park lights on the relay I got has only the four terminals but on autkl500 paper it shows a 87a also but not used does that make a difference.
Thanks for your help
Old 02-24-2024, 04:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Rob
Sorry to bother you but still can’t get lights to flash I got a 12 volt relay and hooked both the 30 and 85 to a 12 volt positive the 86 to the orange wire from remote and 87 to the light switch for park light terminal 1 like you picture showed. On my unit the terminal 10 is the one with12 volts with lights or park lights on the relay I got has only the four terminals but on autkl500 paper it shows a 87a also but not used does that make a difference.
Thanks for your help

That 5th terminal isn't used in our application, some versions of relays have them, some don't.

The important item is if the AutoLöc module "pulses" the relay when you activate the remotes? Should hear it clicking. And if it does click, do you measure 12-volts out of the relay going to the headlight switch?