Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2022, 02:55 PM   #1

Power Gear slide seals 37K

Is it normal to not have a seal at the bottom of the Main slide on a 2022 37K? The first pic shows where there should be a seal.

My dealer service department says it shouldn’t have a seal and I thought that was nuts as it lets in a tremendous amount of air while driving and it was impossible to get it warm inside over the weekend.

So I contacted Jayco to see if it is true and initially they said it should have a seal. Then I asked if they could pass that info to the service center. They said they would. However a short time later they did more digging and they told me it should not have a seal. This is a terrible design as you can see in the pictures. I can put my fingers underneath the slide when retracted. The way it is, rain/air can enter while driving and we live in the country so it will be a wasp/bee condo.

I plan on attaching a 1” D seal and this will fix it so I hope. Just a bad design not having a seal. I’ve not seen that before in all the RVs we have had.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F0B01788-DEF4-4FB2-BC81-C58FD60E9B6B.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	78508

Click image for larger version

Name:	24D1ECE5-3CBD-41C6-B47D-91C03AF6DAA2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	78509
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:58 PM   #2

Interesting... thanks for posting this! I just looked at mine. There is a seal on the bedroom slide but not the dinette slide! WTH???

I made a run with the rig from Long Island to Mooresville and back this past weekend (10MPG according to my Scanguage) and I was wondering where the major draft was coming from. You can feel it on the floor at the back of the cab. I must say the cab stayed pretty warm with only the heat from the cab.

I agree with you, seems strange they would put a seal on the bedroom slide and not the other.

I will make some calls in the next few days to see what I can find out.
2004 Jeep Liberty
TheNextChapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:36 AM   #3

I purchased a seal from Amazon that is very similar to the sides without the flap. I used 3M double sided tape to attach it to the coach. After that I used black silicon sealant/caulk along the bottom and to fill in the open ends. The slide is completely sealed now and it doesn't let any air/moisture in while driving and no critters can get in while it is closed up waiting for the next adventure.

Slide seal link at Amazon

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Old 02-06-2022, 04:45 PM   #4

When the slide is out look under and there is a seal sealing out air from getting in the motorhome. It's just not on the slide itself. This might be this way as to not trap water
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 05:51 PM   #5

There is a seal across the bottom on my 2021 Entegra Power Gear couch/dinette slide. The seal is attached to the RV body (same as the rest of that slide seal) and goes all the way across and is cut out at the slide mech. I will try to post a pic tomorrow.

I do get cold draft inside from under the slide when slid out, I believe that is normal for a slide.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 07:29 PM   #6

No motorhome/RV we have ever owned didn’t have seals all the way around the slide opening for when the slide is closed. Not talking about interior slide seals for when the slide is open. In my picture above (post #1) you can see it has a seal on the vertical side of the opening but not horizontally. Without the seal, driving down the road is like having a window open. With the new seal, no air/moisture can get in and critters can’t while sitting with slides closed. We live in the country and all kinds of things would make it a home. There is no good reason to not have a seal there. Even the schwintek slide has seals all the way around the opening.

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Old 02-09-2022, 08:56 AM   #7

Pics of my power gear couch/dinette slide bottom seal. This is a class C, maybe the super C is different.
Attached Thumbnails
P1020471.jpg   P1020474.jpg  
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote