Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2021, 07:14 PM   #1

Pre Delivery Inspection -Accolade 37K

Greetings, I am expecting to take delivery of a 2022 Entegra Accolade 37K within the next month or two. Having been a long time RV owner, we decided to downgrade and ordered the 37K. Reading through as many forum posts I can, I have developed a PDI list. Would love to hear your thoughts of what should be added to my list below. However one think I have read is that wheel alignments may be necessary coming from the factory, and that the warranty will only cover it if the issue is identified during the test ride. Can anyone point me to literature/warranty info on this? Thanks in advance.

Entegra accolade Checkout - PDI list

Test drive for alignment
Check engine for all leaks
Check all fluid levels - Oil - Tran, washer, coolant
Check for fuel separator brand and location
Check fuel filters and oil filters
Air dryer?
Check Tires
Check Vale stems
Check dually for extensions
Check leveling system under chassis
Inspect under chassis for any leaks, etc..
Check air bags
Check overflow hose on back axle
Check each door and latch
Check each compartment
Passenger side - 120V outlet, black tank and fresh water tank
LP check
Rear compartment
Check ladder and roof
Check hitch
Check heater
Check Generator oil and hours
Check water bay
Check power
Check Air tank valve release
Check access panel in drivers front bay
Check inverter
Check battery compartment carefully
Check def tank
Check block heater
Check entry steps
Check cab for everything
Test heated mirrors
Test cameras
Test seats
Test heat
Test air
Test radio
Level MotorHome
Inspect all jacks for leaks
Retract all levels
Check reservoirs
Enable iPhone app
Level again with app and check all jacks for leaks
Check Firefly all aspects
Turn on water pump
Check all 12 volt lights and fans
Go generator and test
Check Inverter
Check Converter
Check Air conditioning
Check heat pump
Check fireplace
Check Lp Heat
Check Fridge
Open All Slides
Check Sofa electronics
Check recliners
Check USB ports
Check Bed Operation
Check
Check Washer
Check Dryer
Test water heater
Check converter for LiPO switch
Check under bed electronics
Look at all fuses
Test all TV’s
Test Induction stove top
Test microwave
Concert to 50 Amp and retest everything agin inside
Close all slides
Leveling jack resavoir fluid check.
Manual over ride procedures for the slides
Move to dump location
Check Mercerator
Check all dump valves
Check flush outs 2 black and gray
Air tank dump manual dump
Run all water and check for leaks under 12 volt pump
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Take notes and/or videos on the operation and location of everything the PDI tech shows you. Components are sometimes hidden in hard to reach places.

With a roll of that blue or green masking tape in hand, walk around the outside slowly, and more than once. Anything that needs to be dealt with or imperfections you deem an issue, stick a strip of tape beside it, and have the dealer make a note of it.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:12 PM   #3
Site Team

In addition, Do Not Pay for your unit until after the PDI and all of the items that you are not happy with are repaired to your satisfaction. I can't emphasize this enough, do not fall for the "bring it back in a few weeks and we will fix it under warranty" line that most dealers will give you. No money and no delivery until you are 100% satisfied with your new unit.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Take notes and/or videos on the operation and location of everything the PDI tech shows you. Components are sometimes hidden in hard to reach places.

With a roll of that blue or green masking tape in hand, walk around the outside slowly, and more than once. Anything that needs to be dealt with or imperfections you deem an issue, stick a strip of tape beside it, and have the dealer make a note of it.
Adding green masking tape to the list! Excellent idea!
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 12-30-2021, 08:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
In addition, Do Not Pay for your unit until after the PDI and all of the items that you are not happy with are repaired to your satisfaction. I can't emphasize this enough, do not fall for the "bring it back in a few weeks and we will fix it under warranty" line that most dealers will give you. No money and no delivery until you are 100% satisfied with your new unit.
Yep, I made that mistake once, never again. I also have learned to make a part of the deal a punch out appointment after delivery. I photo and describe every issue and part, so they are available when I drop the coach off. Dealers love to let them sit, the also love to take your parts off to service another customer.
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 12-30-2021, 09:20 PM   #6

I was treated very well by NIRVC (Atlanta) last week. After their PDI, I was only able to add 4 to the punchlist. 3 were corrected while I was there, the 4th is a Freightliner issue that, had I stayed there longer (523 miles from home) they would have fixed, but knew I could get it done at my local Freightliner shop.
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
I was treated very well by NIRVC (Atlanta) last week. After their PDI, I was only able to add 4 to the punchlist. 3 were corrected while I was there, the 4th is a Freightliner issue that, had I stayed there longer (523 miles from home) they would have fixed, but knew I could get it done at my local Freightliner shop.
I had the same experience with my 2005 Diplomat, best coach I ever owned. P.s. see my question on your “Brought her home” post about 10K Onan…..
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 12-30-2021, 10:21 PM   #8

I would adjust the priorities of the items in your list... I would put the "Jayco items" at the top, and put the items that Freightliner covers at the end...

In our experience, Freightliner is first rate at taking care of warranty items that relate to the chassis of our Seneca... I'm talking about engine, driveline, suspension, cab (not the Jayco electirical modifications) and essential truck items...

On the Jayco / Dealer side of the warranty... you are really in the "buyer beware" realm here... Items that Jayco installs is much better - IE: If the AC on the roof fails... you have the manufacturer (Airxcel) to help you with their product warranty.

But if the Slide mechanism fails to bring the slides in/out - That is a Jayco quality related part of the Warranty. That starts the difficult part of where YOU need to prove who is responsible for the defect. Was it the slide mechanism, or the slide, or the install of the slide, or the install of the slide equipment... or something else... We fin the dealer is going to take the path of least resistance ($$$ or effort) in helping you. They will go to Jayco to get a warranty authorization with the expectation that they will decline it.. then they will say that the slide equipment was faulty, but it works properly to specifications. We even had the dealer tell us that the slide was overloaded and violated the terms of the warranty. (When It was empty of anything we owned) and told us it was all our expense to fix (after Jayco denined the warranty claim) After all, I had to fix a wire to the slide controller that was poorly installed.

So the point I try to make - Focus on the items that are "Critical infrastucture" Structural, Plumbing, Tanks, Propane systems, Coach Electrical and such... and leave the individual components as secondary, as you will get better response from those manufacturers than you will from Jayco or your dealer who is fixing it.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
I would adjust the priorities of the items in your list... I would put the "Jayco items" at the top, and put the items that Freightliner covers at the end...

In our experience, Freightliner is first rate at taking care of warranty items that relate to the chassis of our Seneca... I'm talking about engine, driveline, suspension, cab (not the Jayco electirical modifications) and essential truck items...

On the Jayco / Dealer side of the warranty... you are really in the "buyer beware" realm here... Items that Jayco installs is much better - IE: If the AC on the roof fails... you have the manufacturer (Airxcel) to help you with their product warranty.

But if the Slide mechanism fails to bring the slides in/out - That is a Jayco quality related part of the Warranty. That starts the difficult part of where YOU need to prove who is responsible for the defect. Was it the slide mechanism, or the slide, or the install of the slide, or the install of the slide equipment... or something else... We fin the dealer is going to take the path of least resistance ($$$ or effort) in helping you. They will go to Jayco to get a warranty authorization with the expectation that they will decline it.. then they will say that the slide equipment was faulty, but it works properly to specifications. We even had the dealer tell us that the slide was overloaded and violated the terms of the warranty. (When It was empty of anything we owned) and told us it was all our expense to fix (after Jayco denined the warranty claim) After all, I had to fix a wire to the slide controller that was poorly installed.

So the point I try to make - Focus on the items that are "Critical infrastucture" Structural, Plumbing, Tanks, Propane systems, Coach Electrical and such... and leave the individual components as secondary, as you will get better response from those manufacturers than you will from Jayco or your dealer who is fixing it.
I bought my first three units from the dealer I am buying this unit from and they treated me well in the past. When I moved up to the bigger rigs I had to go out of state because dealers in my state don’t deal with them. I did have to fight with my dealer on the diplomat while under warranty on who’s warranty item it was. Point well taken. I had a slide fail after warranty and the part was an HWH part. My mobile mechanic had to order the part, but HWH covered it out of warranty. They were great to deal with. I’m I have never had a Jayco product, so thanks for the advice, will take that advice.

John
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet

Tags
37k, accolade, alignment, pdi, seneca 37k