The cart would have been great and looks like something that I could use around the house.
First thing I did was remove the electrical connections and fuel lines. I then unbolted the unit, I broke two studs in the base and had the shop drill the out, I did not get them tapped, I used grade 8 bolts when I replaced it. I then had to drain the oil and replace the fumoto drain with a standard plug, refilled the unit in case they started it with out checking the oil level. Removed the muffler.
I used an old pallet and added some HDPE plastic on the top to help reduce the friction. I have compact tractor with forks on it so I just raised the pallet to the correct level and placed leveling blocks under the pallet to make it stable when I pulled on the generator. I thought I was going to need to use a come along or winch but I was able to just reach in and pull the unit out onto the pallet. Once on the pallet I disconnect the control wiring and tried to remove the power wires from the terminal strip but could not so I cut them. Disconnected the electric fittings and lifted the pallet into my truck.
Reinstalling would have been easier but I started to look at the 12 vdc wiring and decided that it needed to be cleaned up. The unit just slid back in and I reversed the process. After all that it still did not turn over and I found the 15 amp fuse 3 in the control head had opened. Replaced that and unit fired right up.
Attached is photos of stater and inverter both of which were fried. We try not use use the unit when driving in the rain but apparently the amount of salt on this roads this year really did a number on it. I am slowing building a larger system like Rustynuts has so I can power everything in the rv from the batteries, and keep the generator for stationary usage.
Paul and Debbie