Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2023, 09:09 PM   #1

Removed Macerator and question about elbow

Finally got our 2022 37M back from dealer lockup. They had it since October and it was still not ready for pickup this week! We are staying in Boulder City and I am going crazy on mods after being without the unit and dreaming up stuff to work on. I have to get as much done this week because it is still too cold to get much done in Denver where we have to store it outside in a facility. My driveway is not big enough and we live on a steep hill so I can't work on it at the house.

First a question, the outside faucet has a quick release on it for the supplied coiled hose. However, if you leave the hose attached and close the door, it hits the door. Has anyone taken the quick release apart and found an elbow for it?

My next project is pulling the dash off again and making a switch for the radio so I can turn it off when we are parked. While I am at it, I will add in remote locks and swap the window switch for the passenger over to the other side for easier access.

Anyway, pulled the macerator and kept the second shut off valve inside just as a fail safe in case one of the other broke. I did not route it straight down through the floor, instead left it inside and placed a hole in the floor of the bay to easily pull the hose through. Really opened up a ton of space for storage and I can keep my sewer hoses separate from the fresh water hoses.

Not sure why my pictures revert to sideways. If you click on them they are oriented correctly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8256.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	86991

Name:	IMG_8255.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	86992

Name:	IMG_8260.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	86993

Name:	IMG_8262.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	86994
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:45 PM   #2

I grabbed an elbow from the local hardware store works great. Note it has a male and female thread. I believe it was 1/2 inch but I am not 100%sure.
Attached Thumbnails
9D0DF5EA-B7A1-4E80-8377-170F90BA8092.jpg  
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 02:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
Anyway, pulled the macerator and kept the second shut off valve inside just as a fail safe in case one of the other broke. I did not route it straight down through the floor, instead left it inside and placed a hole in the floor of the bay to easily pull the hose through. Really opened up a ton of space for storage and I can keep my sewer hoses separate from the fresh water hoses.

Not sure why my pictures revert to sideways. If you click on them they are oriented correctly.
It’s nice getting the extra space. If you use this Fernco connector, you can cut the drain off at the last wye where the pipe glues in, just cut the pipe off and leave the hub, then this adapter slips on the hub and the other end is ready for 3” abs. It’s nice to get rid of all those extra 90’s. For the quick disconnect, I tried removing mine, it’s threaded on, but busted the plastic threads on the faucet. We wanted a shower type head anyway for washing the dog so I swapped it out for a shower one and then I also drilled the panel and plumbed in the quick release so I had both. I also added a power hose reel which I love and I added 2 sewer hose storage tubes underneath to clean up the compartment even more.

Fernco P1059-33 3-Inch by 3-Inch (Inner Diameter) Rubber Flexible Coupling Repair Fitting https://a.co/d/4bIBQPb

On the sideways pics, if they are phone pics, just edit and crop just a tiny bit and then they will post correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
8B1EF0F4-EB70-407D-A869-CFDF21267F41.jpg   20F96434-0A2B-496E-BC4C-18FAA69405BF.jpg   CBA49A12-B057-4806-90CB-28F177FD190D.jpg   F7320EA4-66F3-4088-B15A-1EEDBE2ADC57.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote