Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2020, 10:05 PM   #1

Replacement Shocks for 2006 Seneca 35GS

I am wanting to replace all the shocks on my 2006 Seneca 35GS which is on the Kodiak chassis. Was wanting to upgrade to Bilstein, but didn't know if I should just order shocks based on the Kodiak chassis or are they more specific based on that it's a motorhome? Looking to make the ride/ handling better. I figure after 14 years, it's time.
Thanks
mprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 07:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprosser View Post
I am wanting to replace all the shocks on my 2006 Seneca 35GS which is on the Kodiak chassis. Was wanting to upgrade to Bilstein, but didn't know if I should just order shocks based on the Kodiak chassis or are they more specific based on that it's a motorhome? Looking to make the ride/ handling better. I figure after 14 years, it's time.
Thanks
It will be for the KODIAK CHASSIS and I highly recommend KONI's not cheap, but you will definitely feel and enjoy the difference in the ride. I put them on our 08 as did other owners. HENDERSON LINE-UP highly recommends them also. They are in Oregon, but have great reputation when it comes to MH suspension.

https://www.hendersonslineup.com/

What you need to look for is if the rear shocks are loop to loop or pin to pin. You also need to know which rear springs you have as one set is specific to the 19,000 lb rear axle. The build code is on the tag behind the driver's sun visor.

GXA=13,500 GQO=15,000 GN2=19,000

https://www.koni-na.com/en-US/NorthA...07&mk=101&mt=9
Old 12-20-2020, 03:25 PM   #3

Looks like the bilistiens shocks have a lifetime warranty. Do the koni ? I'm interested to hear your feedback on ride quality. My 07 34ss still has the original shocks.
Superseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superseneca View Post
Looks like the bilistiens shocks have a lifetime warranty. Do the koni ? I'm interested to hear your feedback on ride quality. My 07 34ss still has the original shocks.
KONI is lifetime to the original owner. KONI's gave us outstanding ride quality, I actually put them on a year after I bought the coach and never had any handling issues.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:01 PM   #5

Thanks Grumpy. I'll check my build code... I know that my rears are pin to pin style though.
mprosser is offline   Reply With Quote