Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2020, 09:16 PM   #21

I am sorry for chiming in here but for one, I am new and can't figure out how to start my own thread, but I have a flooring related issue and maybe someone in here can help. my RV is a 2018, the bump out caught the vinyl flooring and pulled a V shaped rip in it about 2.5 inches long. What would be the best way to repair this that would make it the least noticeable. I have put a rug over it in the mean time but wondering if glueing is the best repair of if someone more experienced has a better way.
Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:42 AM   #22

Call in the Pro's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
... vinyl flooring and pulled a V shaped rip in it about 2.5 inches long. What would be the best way to repair this that would make it the least noticeable....
You should call a flooring installer in your area. They will have the experience and the equipment to repair it, and a well done repair should not even be visible.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:25 PM   #23

Home depot has " Allure" vinyl plank flooring that, as it's installed, seals along one end and one side with what looks 3M tape. These taped edges form a lap joint that's mostly waterproof, so spills or cleaning would not affect the floor under it, such as peel & stick might. When done they form a completely floating floor, so no worries about glue not sticking. The perimeter can be stapled if need be, but once its cut to fit the floor, it can't move. The peace of mind is not having to worry about water intrusion. It's easy to install, utility knife, square, & a tape measure. There are lots of choices too. We used this in our kitchen & dining room 8 years ago, & It looks as new. Good luck with your project!
57gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #24

I've finally decided to go with the waterproof vinyl interlocking plank flooring for a floating floor. Thank you for all the replies and advice, it was ALL good information. Now to get the job done.
mprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:21 PM   #25

I used about the same thing on our first 5er quite a while ago. The vinyl flooring split from one end to the other due to the extreme cold winter we had that year. New trailers did the same thing. I got the flooring from HD. I initially put down luan and the flooring over it. I knew it was gonna be close but ended having to take it all back up because the luan put the floor too high and the slide out was rubbing on it and leaving marks. I laid the floor so it floats, left a slight gap along the cabinets and walls. Never had an issue as long as I owned it and neither did the new owners.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150519_204657.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	66399

Name:	20150615_160642.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	66400

Name:	20150615_160705.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	66401
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:53 PM   #26

weight

another thing to consider, as I have just refloored my home with the plank flooring, is weight. I've contemplated redoing the flooring in my RV with encouragement from the wife, however, after hauling the boxes of flooring for the house, that stuff adds up weight wise and if I am not mistaken, my RV says something about 500 lbs for load capacity, well, I would kind of figure that to do my camper would be at least a hundred pounds added to the weight which I would assume would diminish my cargo capacity. Something to think about possibly
Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:25 AM   #27

All of these responses are great information and helps tremendously. I will say this job of remodeling our Seneca has been eye opening and definitely a bigger job than anticipated. I'm finding a lot of things that need to be improved on and some issues, that if I had not found them, would eventually be a safety issue.
Thanks to everyone.
mprosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 11:45 AM   #28

I also have a 06 35 GS, getting ready to replace all floor covering. Will use carpet in bedroom. But looking at vinyl, rubber back snap together plank flooring. Some concern with the slide outs rubbing on floor as slides in and out.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:47 PM   #29

I put self adhesive tiles in my motorhome 3 years ago. So far so good. Lots of floor prep required.. after you install the new flooring be very careful to ensure the slide doesn't carve a groove in it the first time you retract it. I have to use small carpet samples to avoid damage to the new flooring.
Superseneca is offline   Reply With Quote