Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2018, 11:08 PM   #1

S2RV Seneca chassis in cab fuse panel

12v power port on dash is not working so I went to check the fuse...only panels I can find is under the hood but noting labeled for the power port. Go to the manual and it looks like it is in the cab someplace but the manual does not say WHERE the fuse panel is. Does anybody know where the in cab panel is? I have looked high and low and can’t find it. Pulled off kick panel in front of passenger seat, drivers side kick panel, up under dash, under seats....
Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:39 AM   #2

Good luck Rusty,I looked for one in the cab too,could'nt find one either.The owners manual for the freightliner says its at the base or the steering colom,I could'nt find it there.I think the owners manual I got is outdated.
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #3

Possibly under the floor board ? The older units had them under the drivers seat but with the chassis batteries moved maybe they put them in that space where the chassis batteries were?
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Possibly under the floor board ? The older units had them under the drivers seat but with the chassis batteries moved maybe they put them in that space where the chassis batteries were?
I checked behind the access panels on both sides...
Old 04-16-2018, 06:43 AM   #5

Rusty,when you find the problem please let me know,trying to learn everything I can!
Old 04-16-2018, 07:32 AM   #6

Paul ,have you been getting my private messages ?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:07 AM   #7

Yes just replied
Old 05-30-2018, 05:08 PM   #8

Has anyone found the in cab fuse box
loki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:36 AM   #9

To date,I have not.I dont think there is one in the cab.I have extensively looked and asked for help from Rustynuts but no one knows where the 12 volt fuse panel for the running lights ,directions,ect.is located????????
Old 05-31-2018, 11:48 AM   #10

I have requested a wiring diagram from Freightliner and they replied asking for my VIN. Hopefully this will help us out.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:54 AM   #11

Rusty, I would contact someone at Freightliner. Let us know if you find remedy with them....it will help us out too!!
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:19 PM   #12

Freightliner would not send me the whole wiring diagram, only specific sections if I request them. According to them, there is no in cab fuse box, only the 3 under the hood for the S2RV. Here is a picture of the in cab fuses under my hood.

The contact at Freightliner suggested checking on DTNAconnect.com which is the Daimler truck fleet support site. I registered as a new user and was granted access to all manuals and support documents including parts for the S2RV chassis. Because of the format they are in, i can’t access from my iPad so I have to wait till I get home. I will look into this more.
Attached Thumbnails
D4FDDB24-3F3E-4E17-B450-847FCFFC4D07.jpg   BDE469CA-B4DF-47B2-8D8D-5BB50DD76F33.jpg  

Old 05-31-2018, 03:31 PM   #13

Okay, good to know!! Keep us posted!!
Old 05-31-2018, 04:21 PM   #14

S2RV chassis in cab fuse panel

Here are pictures of the three modules under my m2 seat. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5285.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	40258Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5283.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	40259Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5281.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	40260
None of which mention the dash wiring so these might not even be the ones you are looking for. But it does reference the running lights so may be a help but then again maybe not.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Here are pictures of the three modules under my m2 seat. Attachment 40258Attachment 40259Attachment 40260
None of which mention the dash wiring so these might not even be the ones you are looking for. But it does reference the running lights so may be a help but then again maybe not.
The S2rv chassis is new for 2018.5 and set up different than the M2 chassis. So new that it’s hard to find answers.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:25 PM   #16

I realized that platforms are configured differently however the components are shared between the units and since you can not locate the items I felt the the photos might give you an idea of what to look for. Best wishes on locating the fuse modules as it appears they are not remotely close to where they are on the m2.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:23 AM   #17

I had a 17 greyhawk and wired my jeep to the hitch so I could flat tow.Traded in the hawk for an 18.5 seneca and wanted to find the 12 volt fuses in case I blew one.Well after hours of looking and not finding them ,and numerous calls to jayco,I saw in the jayco manual that the wireing was the same for both units .So i plugged the jeep into the Seneca and luckily everything worked fine.In really wish I knew where these fuses are located,but it still remains a mistery.I have 3 fuse panels under the hood,but nothing that even resembles the fuse panel that Rvermont is showing on the upper picture.Good luck Rusty !
Old 06-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by submariner View Post
I had a 17 greyhawk and wired my jeep to the hitch so I could flat tow.Traded in the hawk for an 18.5 seneca and wanted to find the 12 volt fuses in case I blew one.Well after hours of looking and not finding them ,and numerous calls to jayco,I saw in the jayco manual that the wireing was the same for both units .So i plugged the jeep into the Seneca and luckily everything worked fine.In really wish I knew where these fuses are located,but it still remains a mistery.I have 3 fuse panels under the hood,but nothing that even resembles the fuse panel that Rvermont is showing on the upper picture.Good luck Rusty !

I too am moving from a 17 Greyhawk to a 19 Seneca. I am having it built and have a build time frame of first part of August. I am very excited and have been trying to learn about the Seneca as much as I can. You all have been great!!
Old 06-01-2018, 06:49 PM   #19

Stargazer,Congrats on the new seneca.They are quite different than the hawks,In a good way.My greyhawk was a great camper,plenty of power,hardly any problems,but the cargo carrying capacity was a slight concern,but we always did ok.The senecas have so much storage its crazy.One bitch I have is the bottom of the line truma on demand hot water heater.It works ok but a gas and electric heater would have been my choice but the factory would not install it for me when it was being built.Your new one will have the electric and gas model......Built in surge protection would also be a nice addition...anyhow who knows what they will do when yours is built,maybee even put a ladder on the back like every other motorhome on the market...good luck !
Old 06-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by submariner View Post
Stargazer,Congrats on the new seneca.They are quite different than the hawks,In a good way.My greyhawk was a great camper,plenty of power,hardly any problems,but the cargo carrying capacity was a slight concern,but we always did ok.The senecas have so much storage its crazy.One bitch I have is the bottom of the line truma on demand hot water heater.It works ok but a gas and electric heater would have been my choice but the factory would not install it for me when it was being built.Your new one will have the electric and gas model......Built in surge protection would also be a nice addition...anyhow who knows what they will do when yours is built,maybee even put a ladder on the back like every other motorhome on the market...good luck !

Thank you!! Yes!! A ladder would be nice and a surge protector very beneficial. You know the older Senecas had ladders. I wonder why Jayco decided to do away with them?