Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2022, 11:15 AM   #1

SeeLevel Sensors working with Mira/VegaTouch?

I have a 2022 37TS and the black/gray tank sensors, like everyone else's, don't work well.

I saw a thread about integrating SeeLevel sensors with the Firefly Mira/VegaTouch system but after contacting them myself, they asked for more than $2k to do the 'custom' programming modification.

Granted I have some more research to do, but perhaps someone on here knows...

Haven't the Seelevel sensors been used with Firefly on perhaps higher end coaches from Entegra or others?

Do the SeeLevel sensors output a voltage vs level?

If the SeeLevel outputs a voltage similar to what the propane tank does, can the Firefly just be told to use the same voltage to level converter for the tanks instead of reading the crappy sensors installed by the factory?

Pretty much just brainstorming but do really hate the existing sensors

Thanks
Rick
Baconater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 11:24 AM   #2

I have the SeeLevel system as a stand alone normal install so can't answer your specific question. I can tell you that they operate on a buss where all sensors are tied in parallel and apparently they are addressed by the display. It would not be a voltage level measurement. The propane one probably is a resistance system as it is not on the same buss.

If there is a different model SeeLevel then ignore all of what I said.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 12:54 PM   #3

I saw they now have a unit called a Soul which collects all the data from the SeeLevel sensors and then sends it to a Multiplex system. All I know about them is what you see on this link.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/seelevel-soul/

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:28 AM   #4

Thanks for the info Rustynuts and JimD.

Clearly the simplest solution is to just use the SeeLevel display interface since that would be much less expensive than custom programming and it would just work. Bluetooth is available too, so I could still see the levels on my phone. On the other hand it would be great to integrate SeeLevel into the existing coach system however it's not worth $2k to me to do so.

Looking at the Firefly site they advertise a TruTank system for what sounds like the same level of performance. I wonder if they use SeeLevel sensors? I'll have to contact them to see if that system could be easily retrofitted.

Is there another option for outside the tank sensors?

Thanks all
Baconater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 06:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconater View Post
Thanks for the info Rustynuts and JimD.

Clearly the simplest solution is to just use the SeeLevel display interface since that would be much less expensive than custom programming and it would just work. Bluetooth is available too, so I could still see the levels on my phone. On the other hand it would be great to integrate SeeLevel into the existing coach system however it's not worth $2k to me to do so.

Looking at the Firefly site they advertise a TruTank system for what sounds like the same level of performance. I wonder if they use SeeLevel sensors? I'll have to contact them to see if that system could be easily retrofitted.

Is there another option for outside the tank sensors?

Thanks all
I can attest the SeeLevel Bluetooth option works well.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20220601-063048_Garnet RV.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote