Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #1

Seneca 37 TS Delivery

Greetings to all. I am now a new Seneca owner.

After fighting the I-4 nightmare traffic we arrived at Orlando RV a little early for our 10 AM delivery. So of course I find my unit in the prep area and as I stand there admiring the shear beauty of my brand new 37TS as they detailer polishes the beast up my phone rings. "Hi this is Cindy, the GM of Orlando RV. I am so sorry but our detailer smelled ammonia and your refrigerator is leaking and needs to be replaced" I decided to take her home anyway and return when the refridge comes in. Stuff happens and I appreciate them being up front with me. They said 7-10 days which is about when I expected delivery anyway.

The PDI took about 3 hours and Brett did an amazing job of explaining everything about the unit as my wife took copious notes. A couple little adjustments to the exterior compartment doors and everything else, except the refridge, was darn near perfect. I am really impressed with RV One. The manager even insisted on installing a Max Vent cover for our inconvenience.

Note: I was upset about the deletion of the graphics on the slide but as I looked today the slide walls are painted glossy metal flake black and it looks good. I am Ok with the change now.

Traffic only got worse when we departed and I am now very experienced driving in heavy traffic. The power of the Seneca is Ok. It handles well and has good manners on the road. When traffic allowed I cruised at about 65. The whistling noise was horrible and then I remembered what I learned here, stopped for electrical tape and covered mirror holes and, Man, was my wife impressed.

As we headed south traffic got really bad, stop and go and then what a cacophony of sound from under the hood. Apparently we don't like heavy stop and go traffic. We had fan noise, compressor banging noise, a bunch of other stuff I can't even describe. But once we got up to speed all was well again, Gauges never changed. Oh, and the fuel gauge at 230 miles is less than half. Just like you all have told me. I will need to get used to all the new noises.

If I hadn't been reading this forum everyday of the past 3 months I would have been very concerned, scared and doubted my decision. But thanks to all the insight you all have shared I handled everything well and looked very knowledgeable to my DW. We are going to love this Seneca and I have many of you to thank.

Mark
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #2

Very glad it went (mostly) all well. Now you can breathe easy and just enjoy!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Very glad it went (mostly) all well. Now you can breathe easy and just enjoy!
Thanks Robby. The fridge isn't a big deal as we don't have any trips planned yet and I wasn't going to let that ruin my experience. Now all the work begins making it mine. Some of the things from your list.

Are all the noises normal?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Are all the noises normal?
The fan certainly does roar when the clutch kicks in, normal when the coolant temp hits about 210, cuts back out a little under 200.

The air compressor is notoriously noisy, especially when actively pumping rebuilding air pressure. Clinks and clanks for sure! Several of us have taken ours to Freightliner just to be told it is completely "normal". Over 17,000 miles on mine now and it sounds the same as it did brand new.

Glad you figured out the wind whistle, I have had black Gorilla duct tape on mine for over a year still going strong. Unless you look close you can't even see the tape.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:15 PM   #5

Good call bringing it home... It will allow you to stock it up and get used to all the switches, panels and things that you have not read about on JOF... Post up your questions, someone will have an answer!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote